Doom Info (re-post)

Share your guides, how-tos, FAQs, and so forth. This is not for support -- post questions in General Discussion.
Calvin

Re: Doom Info (re-post)

Post by Calvin »

The Silvertiger wrote:Ole Calvin trying to ruin my event before I even posted it!?
what i do? :?
MaZa

Post by MaZa »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF2ywW0 ... e=youtu.be
1500 luck solo kill 34 DF and get your shit arty :beathorse:
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

spend 60kk on valorite runics and get your 15 pieces for CUB ;)

it's a gamble innit

so you are getting 13,000 points with 0 luck, and about 18,000 with 1500 luck?
tichondrius

Post by tichondrius »

So can someone who knows for a fact how the system works ELI5 this? I'm under the impression the more players there are the less points are given out. What I am most concerned about is I feel like I carry the average player in Doom. I am easily able to solo all the bosses and more often than not, players like archers come in and dink the bosses health, but gain looting rights. Am I correct to assume that player is making me earn less points than I would solo? Can I like, vote kick this guy ? :lol:

If that's the case, that does make me a little bit salty and I feel like Doom should be instanced. The gauntlet is already frustrating enough with players that come in and steal earning rights (kill boss at like 20% health) and others who go completely against the mechanics of the fight. Doom is like one giant PUG :salt:
Calvin likes this.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Yea, you get less points. That's why it's good to either be solo or have enough people for 2-3 bosses.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

this is 100% fixable and i 100% think it should be done, very simply.

*reduce the number of people required to spawn more bosses in each room*

having more people reduces the points given out because the bosses are dying faster, and each boss has a base chance to drop already without points. this base chance is the original doom drop chance.
adid/\s

Post by adid/\s »

About the Honor : If SOMEOONE ELSE OUTDMG ,NO HONOR !!! Everyone get points , all happy !! Wohoo ! Hail Hell Hounds !! Stop complain guys !!
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

Eos wrote: November 8th, 2016, 12:21 am

When comparing this to OSI, yes, this drop rate is indeed too low. However, if everyone was able to obtain all their desired Doom artifacts within a day, there would soon be no point in keeping Doom around at all. The server would be flooded with them. This also goes for Treasures of Tokuno, which is not enabled permanently for the same reason.

Hi, new to this server. This should probably be in a post of its own...
Anyway, I have been looking for ToT arties on the market, there seem to be non.
Are they insane rare, or are they just not dropping at all (only when an event is some how activated)?

Also if it's the latter, perhaps make a more engaging system for them, where the rarity (just like Doom) sets the chance of them dropping, not being able to play at a sertain point in time.

I would like to be part in ToT, and alas there is a good year till my chars have a high skill cap + I'm not the most hardcore farmer (and haven't even started a crafter yet); so I fear that it comes active before I'm ready, or similar, and I will miss it all together. For me it would be a better option if it was just always active, but difficult in rarity, like Doom.

Just a noob's thought on the matter, peace.
Arden

Post by Arden »

UP:
Eos wrote: November 8th, 2016, 12:21 am I'm willing to experiment with the Doom point gains to find a healthy value for the shard, which is why we'll begin awarding double points after this coming server wars. The point rewards may increase, or decrease, based on the observed drops after that.

Out of curiosity, what is the current point rate for bosses?
That Seller Guy

Post by That Seller Guy »

Arden wrote: October 11th, 2020, 7:48 pm UP:
Eos wrote: November 8th, 2016, 12:21 am I'm willing to experiment with the Doom point gains to find a healthy value for the shard, which is why we'll begin awarding double points after this coming server wars. The point rewards may increase, or decrease, based on the observed drops after that.

Out of curiosity when was the last time this was experimented on?
Anthony File

Post by Anthony File »

That Seller Guy wrote: August 25th, 2022, 2:16 am
Arden wrote: October 11th, 2020, 7:48 pm UP:

Out of curiosity when was the last time this was experimented on?
Out of curiosity when was the last time anything was experimented on?