Recording for Youtube

Share your guides, how-tos, FAQs, and so forth. This is not for support -- post questions in General Discussion.
Arden

Recording for Youtube

Post by Arden »

Hey all!!

So I'll start by saying, I am NO expert. But as more and more people post videos, I wanted to show everyone what I am currently using. Maybe it can help someone else! Please post what you all are using. Also any suggestions for me would be appreciated !!

1) RECORDING PROGRAM - OBS is by far the best recording program. I would use this before any thing else. AND ITS FREE!!
OBS Studio

2) OBS SETTINGS - So many people are recording in <720p and or <25FPS. There is a big visual difference between 1080 and 60 FPS vs 720 and 25.

3) EDITING PROGRAM- I use HD Movie Maker Pro -Worth the $9.99 it currently is at. I got it on sale for like $4.99 a month back, just wait for a sale if you want to save a few more $.
Movie Maker Pro

4) MUSIC - Make sure you arent getting copyrighted music!!
Great for searching if the song is fair to use

5)PICTURES AND LOGOS - Inkscape FREE!! I use this for all my image inserts as well as what I used to make my logo.
InkScape
Frasier, zulu2401 and Bama like this.
Arden

Re: Recording for Youtube

Post by Arden »

I started using Davinic Resolve!!! WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Better!
The Silvertiger

Re: Recording for Youtube

Post by The Silvertiger »

I am NO expert. My videos also have bad quality most likely due to bad OBS settings. Nor are they as entertaining as Lady Arden's.

1) RECORDING PROGRAM - OBS is by far the best recording program. I would use this before any thing else. AND ITS FREE!!
OBS Studio

Can also use streamlabs obs if you stream, but for recording I use regular OBS.

2) EDITING PROGRAM- I use Shotcut. It's free and can do most of the things all of the other programs do.
https://shotcut.org/

3) MUSIC - Just record the music using obs like it's a video then put it in the audio line of the timeline.

See Lady Arden's stuff below:
Great for searching if the song is fair to use

4)PICTURES AND LOGOS - Gimp- It's basically a free Photoshop.
https://www.gimp.org/

Best wishes on your YouTube endeavors and may you make lots of money.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."