Damage increase cap.

Share your guides, how-tos, FAQs, and so forth. This is not for support -- post questions in General Discussion.
Calvin

Re: Damage increase cap.

Post by Calvin »

dude the code is a hideous mess

there is no reading this code, just deciphering it lol
seriously the biggest problem is seeing what is actually used and what isn't. but to do it properly i would have to read it from the start and know what is going where. it's like reading 2 stories that are mixed together, then picking a random page out of the book. how the hell are you supposed to know if what you are reading is part of the right story
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

and im pretty sure it's changed since the previous copies i had, and has probably changed again since these ones...
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

you tell me which it's using then?

"damage" and "modifiers"
or
GetBonus with "scaler", "threshold", and "offset"

because from what i can tell, they are both doing the same thing, but only one of them is used. one of them has caps, the other doesn't.

why dont you try to help figure it out, cos there's probably only 1 person that knows, and i dont even think she does, judging by the
"// TODO: What is the damage calculation? " annotation.
but this is what i mean, i dont know when that was written, that could be about the pre-aos stuff. i think you are seriously under-estimating how many people this code has been passed between, and how messy it is now. but im gonna guess it's EOS annotating it, and she's just treated the whole damage calc as a blackbox, and modified the numbers after they come out of it. or/ she's bypassed the whole thing and wrote new code to do the same job. but if that's the case, then she's not commented out the old stuff, just changed the paths to connect to her new code instead.
the damageBonus, and percentageBonus variables are easy because they're all new code, there's nothing pre-aos in that at all.
but str/tact/anat are a different matter
Arden

Post by Arden »

youre so dumb....
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

you're

go on then, how so?
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

it's alright guys, Arden is here to explain it all to us.

thank the gods for Arden. go on lad, get explaining.

or are you literally just here to not try and have a go at anyone that does?? cos that would just make you a dick