Sampire Bible - Everything you need to know

Share your guides, how-tos, FAQs, and so forth. This is not for support -- post questions in General Discussion.
Indika

Re: Sampire Bible - Everything you need to know

Post by Indika »

Segneal wrote:What skills shoul i cut? Im caped at 700
Sorry I didn't see this sooner. You could've PMed me :P Notifications are weird on this new forums.

Sampire is already a really tight build, with 700 base skill points I can tell you are a new player, and I hope you aren't trying to make this as your first character, unless you are some kind of masochist, I would advise to make an ABC warrior or necro mage until you can afford the samp scrolls and stats. PS are very expensive right now.

That being said, I feel like a player achieving sampire would have at least 720 skill points, that's a tough choice.

120 Weapon
115/120 Bushido
115/110 Parry
100 Necro
100 Tactics
90 Resist
60 Chivalry

seem's about right. Good luck in your travels.
Indika

Post by Indika »

So who else got a trinket? Let's start seeing those status bar's with the trinket on. Here's what my suit is looking like with a few adjustments with the trinket:

current luck suit.jpg
current luck suit.jpg (49.67 KiB) Viewed 10600 times

Trinket rounds off the suit rather nicely. I tried to get as much stats, DI, and LMC as possible. I also ended up with plenty of mana as well.

Let's see those suits running trinket!!

P.S. My arms and legs are still only 4-mod :P so I can get either more resist or mana increase once I find the right pieces.
hakja likes this.
gonthrax

Post by gonthrax »

I am still quite the newbie but the trinket sure helps when you've got next to nothing =P

Trinket_Statusbar.PNG
Trinket_Statusbar.PNG (62.12 KiB) Viewed 10563 times
Indika likes this.
Indika

Post by Indika »

gonthrax wrote:I am still quite the newbie but the trinket sure helps when you've got next to nothing =P
Looking good. My only suggestion currently is to increase your dex to 125. Lower some other stats to increase that. You really should try to get at least any LMC so you are not at 100% cost of spells. Even 1 piece with LMC is going to benefit you. But keep up the good work!
gonthrax

Post by gonthrax »

Indika wrote:
gonthrax wrote:I am still quite the newbie but the trinket sure helps when you've got next to nothing =P
Looking good. My only suggestion currently is to increase your dex to 125. Lower some other stats to increase that. You really should try to get at least any LMC so you are not at 100% cost of spells. Even 1 piece with LMC is going to benefit you. But keep up the good work!
Thanks! I've finished my eval tamer's suit so now I'm sending all my gold checks to this char's suit ;) I've got my eyes on a few pieces for sale that should bring me to 35 LMC.

I'm certainly dropping my int a bit, I think I can get to 105 real dex (130 stam) while maintaining 125 str. If I'm using black staff / Qstaff / Hammer Pick, do you still think it's important I get to 125 dex? I'm fine with maintaining 100% agi pot uptime during any important fighting.

If so, is it worth sacrificing 20 Str for? I'm currently including glads in my suit, not jackals.
Indika

Post by Indika »

gonthrax wrote: I'm certainly dropping my int a bit, I think I can get to 105 real dex (130 stam) while maintaining 125 str. If I'm using black staff / Qstaff / Hammer Pick, do you still think it's important I get to 125 dex? I'm fine with maintaining 100% agi pot uptime during any important fighting.
Well I would get at least 150 Stamina. With the Staff that should be enough, but the Hammer Pick will still be slow. I always try to get the most stamina as possible on any of my samp suits. 170+ is what I shoot for.

gonthrax wrote: If so, is it worth sacrificing 20 Str for? I'm currently including glads in my suit, not jackals.
Are you an elf or human? I dropped the 20 STR personally, I have 117 HP which is kind of low but I have been doing this for a long time so I don't have many problems :P. I went for max stamina and as much mana as possible. I used to sit around 30 mana and it was still playable.
gonthrax

Post by gonthrax »

Indika wrote:
Well I would get at least 150 Stamina. With the Staff that should be enough, but the Hammer Pick will still be slow. I always try to get the most stamina as possible on any of my samp suits. 170+ is what I shoot for.
Makes sense, I haven't done much fighting with the pick yet so I haven't decided how slow is to slow.

Indika wrote:

Are you an elf or human? I dropped the 20 STR personally, I have 117 HP which is kind of low but I have been doing this for a long time so I don't have many problems :P. I went for max stamina and as much mana as possible. I used to sit around 30 mana and it was still playable.
I'm Elf. I know the 60ish mana I have now is plenty with 0 LMC so I'm not concerned with dropping int quite a bit. With 20 base I'd have 59 mana, so I could probably go to 10 base.

I do like high hit points but once you get above 110 unbuffed it becomes kind of hazy as to whether or not 10 more HP would have kept you from being instadead.
kaltivel

Post by kaltivel »

Nowadays mace fighting is the most money efficent skill but Swofdmanship still seems like the best way for damage. If u use double axes with 100 lumberjacking u will get a large damage increase. And this damage increase multiplies your damage a lot when also using slayers and enemy of one. Also double axes have best combo of weapon abilities, double strike and whirlwind, single target and aoe. I can hit dark father for 280 total with double strike and if its discorded. I don't use bushido cause i use resist spells ( need itfor doimg champ spawns ) but i can only imagine the damage i would be able to do with perfection. I am a whammy ( use wraith forn ) so ican spam double strike all the time, sometimes hitting several double strikes until eventually i miss and need to do a normal hit before doing another series of double strikes. So really thats why i think swords is best skill but its very expensive cause the runic hammers are so expensive.
Lead44, Tanya and Indika like this.
gonthrax

Post by gonthrax »

kaltivel wrote:Nowadays mace fighting is the most money efficent skill but Swofdmanship still seems like the best way for damage. If u use double axes with 100 lumberjacking u will get a large damage increase. And this damage increase multiplies your damage a lot when also using slayers and enemy of one. Also double axes have best combo of weapon abilities, double strike and whirlwind, single target and aoe. I can hit dark father for 280 total with double strike and if its discorded. I don't use bushido cause i use resist spells ( need itfor doimg champ spawns ) but i can only imagine the damage i would be able to do with perfection. I am a whammy ( use wraith forn ) so ican spam double strike all the time, sometimes hitting several double strikes until eventually i miss and need to do a normal hit before doing another series of double strikes. So really thats why i think swords is best skill but its very expensive cause the runic hammers are so expensive.
Yes that makes sense, I thought macing would be the best way to start until I got a bit more wealthy. I am still less than 1 month here on the shard. Eventually I think I will go swords when I can afford hundreds of hammers ;)

I am playing a whammy also until I get the right weapons then I will try out sampire. I'm not sure which I will like better.
Tanya likes this.
Indika

Post by Indika »

Runics are relatively cheaper now to be honest than they were... I used to sell bronze for 450k per :D

You should try to put at least 50 bushido on your char! Force it on there! You will definitely see the difference when you add honor to your template.

As far as the "best" weapon skill is concerned, well that's a complicated subject...

I think the best weapon combination is Black Staff for WW and Leafblade of Ease for AI. Q-staff isn't strong enough and is unnecessarily fast to compare it to a same speed Leafblade with the same mods.

The reason I use swords is the specials on double axe. DS and WW on the same weapon is insane. But its a really tough weapon to burn and you have to be really dedicated to burning D-axe to get the right ones. It does get expensive over time if you don't do the bods yourself. The only sad thing is this weapon is required no less than 3 mods, 2 of them must be Mana Leech and Swing Speed, every time, for them to be good. With Slayer that's a tough pick.

I might have some Whammy D-axes around. It might not be the best but it'd probably be at least 3 mods if either of yall need something usable :P
Lead44 and Tanya like this.
kaltivel

Post by kaltivel »

Thats why whammy rocks. Dont need mana leech on weapons. And you mana leech 100% of the times.

My dream weapon eould have:
Super slayer
Swingspeed increase
Hit area
Hit spell
Stamina leech
gonthrax

Post by gonthrax »

Swords is my endgame, but it's going to take a while for me to switch. I have two pretty decent 3 mod Black Staves, one for whammy one for sampire. I think I"ll burn some hammers on Leafblade of Ease, see how that works out for me ;)
Painwraith

Post by Painwraith »

Hey Indika!

Its Bron, the crazy British guy you probably dont remember.....

I am back on and off and have been working on my Sampire. I just wanted to run a few items and get your thoughts?

So My Char:

Base stats:

100 Str / 109 dex / 21 Int (human)

Current / Cap

Swords 115 / 115
Tactics 110 / 110
Bushido 113.7 / 120
Chivalry 65.1 / 100
Necro 99.0 / 100
Parry 100 / 100

Weapon (Still in progress)

Soulseeker
Radiant DI 40%, FC 1, Hit Lower Defense 50%, Hit mana Leech 50%

I have some axes and staves im still looking through....

Suit (Still in Progress)

Legs of Bane
Primer of Arms
Museum Order shield
Violet courage

working on the rest of the suit, I have some other arties such as storm grips and jackels collar which you mentioned before are somewhat crap for a Sampire, I also have a whole crap ton of jewels to look through to get the right suit together. I can get the right stamina you recommend from your excellent guide, but the resists are a little low.... I can also get the DI, HCI etc all sorted too, I want to possibly get some mace and shield glasses or shall I keep hitting Doom until I get a spirit of the totem?

Current status:
I do pretty well with the soulseeker in the cyclops valley, I am getting my rotations down pretty well, I am also working on some decent Macros to use that will Whirlwind and check the status of the buff bars for consecrate weapon, etc. My suit is in dire need of work I can most of what you recommend with what I have, the resists are a bit challenging though with the right mods...

I also on the same account have a 120 fencer Assassin that I could soulstone skills between, to also have a fencing sampire (only 115 on Bushido though).

I am hitting Doom a lot these days to get some decent arties and I have about 6kk saved up for some more suit pieces or maybe a decent weapon or two, the thing is I also need that swords 120 PS as well or will 115 be ok for the moment?).

I seem to be doing OK but could do with some advice if your about.....
kaltivel

Post by kaltivel »

Here is my whammy skill setup.

120 swords
120 tactics
120 anatomy
100 lumberjacking
40 necromancy
100 spirit speak
65 chivalry
70 resist spells

I use captain johns hat replica for +20 swords bonus.
Painwraith

Post by Painwraith »

Kaltivel what suit and weapons have you set for that template?