Sampire Bible - Everything you need to know

Share your guides, how-tos, FAQs, and so forth. This is not for support -- post questions in General Discussion.
Tanya

Re: Sampire Bible - Everything you need to know

Post by Tanya »

kaltivel wrote:Here is my whammy skill setup.

120 swords
120 tactics
120 anatomy
100 lumberjacking
40 necromancy
100 spirit speak
65 chivalry
70 resist spells

I use captain johns hat replica for +20 swords bonus.
No bushido, no parry? :o
What do you hunt with this template?
I am not sure, but I feel that when you have parry and bushido 120,
total damage made on spawns can be more then with only lumberjacking,
because you make very offen counterattacks.
Peerless Hunter
Guide to Whammy - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=314
My youtube channel - /watch?v=sx5zGCbILtA
Weekly Bedlam Spawns - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9131
kaltivel

Post by kaltivel »

I use it for doing champion spawns
I need the resist spell or i will have 0 mana on each mana drain and my stats will go down a lot.
Like i said, Lumberjacking increases ur damage a lot, if u use slayer and enemy of one.
If having lumberjacking increases ur damage by 5, with slayer it will be 10, and with enemy of one 15 or 20
gonthrax

Post by gonthrax »

I'm having a hard time conceiving of how to go to a sampire template with 700 skillpoints. I can't see a way to do it with resist on the template anyway.

Do you all run protection? I do.
kaltivel

Post by kaltivel »

gonthrax wrote:I'm having a hard time conceiving of how to go to a sampire template with 700 skillpoints. I can't see a way to do it with resist on the template anyway.

Try using gear that gives u skill points, like captain john's hat gives +20 swords, and u can get some ring or bracalet to help with other skill, and u can get points for resist spells
gonthrax

Post by gonthrax »

kaltivel wrote:
gonthrax wrote:I'm having a hard time conceiving of how to go to a sampire template with 700 skillpoints. I can't see a way to do it with resist on the template anyway.

Try using gear that gives u skill points, like captain john's hat gives +20 swords, and u can get some ring or bracalet to help with other skill, and u can get points for resist spells
Yea I think I'd have to either drop resist or use +19 skill points on items.
Indika

Post by Indika »

Just go to 115 parry and bushido, and then 90 resist. that's probably the most even split.

I am not using protection, but when my luck suit is finished, if I end up with enough physical resist, I may cast protection.
gonthrax

Post by gonthrax »

Indika wrote:

Just go to 115 parry and bushido, and then 90 resist. that's probably the most even split.

I am not using protection, but when my luck suit is finished, if I end up with enough physical resist, I may cast protection.
Yep that's what I ended up doing:

115 Mace
115 Parry
115 Bushido
100 Tactics
99 Necro
91 Resist
65 Chiv

Working pretty well! It's really refreshing to jump on a 20% damage mitigation animal =P I also went human and dropped down to 39 mana which seems to be plenty.

I also took off protections since my life doesn't depend on curse weapon any more. Surprisingly I am able to cast it pretty easily even when covered in spawn.
merino

Post by merino »

What is the cap of damage increase, I take 161 is effective in pvm or is it preferable to carry 100?
gonthrax

Post by gonthrax »

merino wrote:What is the cap of damage increase, I take 161 is effective in pvm or is it preferable to carry 100?
I believe it is 100% from items, total 300% from Items, abilities and buffs not including tactics/anat.
Indika

Post by Indika »

gonthrax wrote:
merino wrote:What is the cap of damage increase, I take 161 is effective in pvm or is it preferable to carry 100?
I believe it is 100% from items, total 300% from Items, abilities and buffs not including tactics/anat.
This is correct. 100% Damage Increase from Items. 300% cap
Ajani

Post by Ajani »

^_^
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's.

I find this quite entertaining.
Casting is shit
Shallan

Post by Shallan »

Indika wrote:So who else got a trinket? Let's start seeing those status bar's with the trinket on. Here's what my suit is looking like with a few adjustments with the trinket:

current luck suit.jpg

Trinket rounds off the suit rather nicely. I tried to get as much stats, DI, and LMC as possible. I also ended up with plenty of mana as well.

Let's see those suits running trinket!!

P.S. My arms and legs are still only 4-mod :P so I can get either more resist or mana increase once I find the right pieces.
This one are mine
After DF up with no pots. Elf. Sampire. With Maces Blackstafs / Quater

UABOF - Users against Bullshit on forum.
Les Stroud

Post by Les Stroud »

113 Stam ain't gunna ha
Les Stroud

Post by Les Stroud »

Hack it
Shallan

Post by Shallan »

Quater staff with min of 90 /10 ssi is 1,25 ;p
low range is 90 so i put a 23 margine of error ;) eq.miss/pain/or smth.

UABOF - Users against Bullshit on forum.