Music Thread

Off-topic general discussion, for everything else.
Calvin

Re: Music Thread

Post by Calvin »

hopefully finish with a classic then.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Last lil bit, cos someone messaged me saying eos encouraged the scripting, and mb's being scape goated..

the thing is i know these people, what came before, and the order of events..

im not surprised if she did encourage scripting.. because she figured me out a long time ago... it's why i like her. but part of that is she does listen to me when i say things.. she never does exactly what i suggest, usually something better, but i know she listens... if you've ever heard the expression "he has the ear of the king", it's sorta like that :P
i think she likes mah music. i dont really hide how i feel about stuff.. just most people aren't smart enough to pick up on it.

but i knew they were low on scripters, and a lot was being put onto eos. so i made a case for getting people scripting at a basic level, to find those who were good at it, and could be taken on as staff.. one that already stuck out... was mb..

maybe we could even get some kinda intellectual crowd funding going, with community scripts submitted.

but sadly, people are always the problem, and they abuse things. giving people power ended up being a bad idea, because all they did with it was afk farm and industrialize the game..

we are all to blame for the low population really.. and none of it for truly bad reasons..
you guys for actually having *too much* faith in eos, assuming she can solve any problem, and giving her something that world class programmers would struggle with.
mb just for being himself.. greedy show off that he is, he corrupted you all into following his example.
me for believing people would use the tools productively, and that we are all good people at heart..
and eos... for trusting everyone... <3

... tbh im mad at him because he broke my plans.. if he wasn't such a greedy show off at heart.. he woulda risen to the challenge and helped eos to overcome problems like this one... but he's a bellend.. and im an idiot for thinking he could be better. and eos is still just a good person.. gen. pop just... doesn't know any better.. see i shout at you guys for scripting, because i am mad at me, for not assuming you will be asshats.. the alternative is treating people like sheep. but what you dont get about actual smart people, is they dont want to be smarter than everyone else.. that's not a world you'd wanna live in.

it's kinda harsh cos while i cant blame mb for being himself... i can be mad at him for being what he is :lol:

... it's not too late ya know... mb could help eos a lot with the scripting.. people could help on the lesser stuff... server could be fixed up in no time.. but alas.. cannot trust people :<
.. ya know what that means for society yea? i hate having to be right wing.. but reality is what it is. people are how they are. we have to make the best of it.

which means... long story short... building a fucking wall... building lots of walls...

it's not really right and left wing... it's complicated and confused.. right and left actually refers to financial policy, and how much the gov takes off you to spend on public services. any reasonable person will be left wing imo, community is the joy of life.
what it has become associated with, is actually the up/down axis - which is authoritarian/liberal. so controlling people with authority, or allowing them the freedom to make their own choices.
what you dont get, is that the authoritarian people believe they are doing it for your own good, because you make bad choices... like a parent does for their child. in fact it's kinda proven by the fact you assume people in authority would take advantage of it - cos that's what you would do.

it's all a bit messy if you wanna get into real politics.. but you can see the problem from this tbh. it's people. basically. people are the problem.
like... believe it or not, you guys just disproved communism can work, even in a world with no hunger and stuff... i hate you guys :lol:

at least maybe like.. you'll get why marx is not a bad theory, but also why it cant work.

if anyone asks you why communism doesn't work. the answer is because people are cnts.
until that changes, around we go. very possibly may never change.

but that is all literally in marx... he is saying it repeats (that's what capitalism is) to provide technological progress, then we can like evolve and stuff... but i dunno man.. people seem to be evolving backwards.. if you look at how smart some ancient people were. or at least not changing... a lot of dumb ones as well.

+
see you should now be able to go back through my posts, and they'll all make sense... woulda been the same on social media, but they started shooting people... it annoys me when people think they are so smart that if they cant figure it out, there must be nothing to figure out.

*le sigh*

see my thing with eos, is that i know that she knows... but i dont know if she knows that i know she knows :lol:

it's fun :P
not sure who is who in this, and it doesn't really matter :lol:
im a terrible flirt :D
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i was just thinking there's only 3 really good ones of these, and then i was thinkin eos is probably gonna just be an awesome gm and none of this will matter

then i realized that makes me steve jobs

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

;3

Woodnote

Post by Woodnote »

OST in 300 Spartans is awesome! I have listened to it for more than 20 times already :)
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

;P

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

can i has this? cos instigator posted it not me... >.<
ppl remember my music from last forum ^.^
but why do you think i posted it :P
she's a smart one, prolly why elon liked her.

honestly you guys dont know how much of my stuff you use that you've picked up over the years. but i remember, everything.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

;P
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i know it's not music, but i still have space on the page, and i dont wanna start a new one on the same topic..

honestly i forgot about this... kinda didn't rate plato... he's one of the very first people you study in philosophy.. i guess for .. obvious reasons :S

i think we all take too much for granted...

Illustrated by Dick Odin :lol: what a name!
he cant even draw, probably just got him for his epic name.

+gonna tack this on just for a better description

i dont like to get quite so literal personally...

++ ya know i only clicked this video because the dude looks like my brother... i think i need to be a bit less cryptic..

+++ that guy is a really good teacher. he stops right before it gets into all the world of forms stuff, and that's where plato becomes dumb, and the dark ages starts (religion stuff)

++++ 25:50 - see... this is the real difference between the left and right wing.. and this is him convincing himself to be on the left... it's really.. not that certain. but it is what everyone should hope for.

+++++ this is the thing right, yas think you're sounding smart and winning an argument, what you're actually doing is making people think you're stupid and despair for humanity... that then drives people to vote for people like trump who will enforce order, or traditions, cos the traditions were made for much more unruly people. but like, the education has not taken these people out of the cave, it's just made them more certain of the shadows thing.. and given them control of the media.. i dont think they do it on purpose though, just like a socially conditioned thing on auto-pilot

last addition lmao... but if you wanna know where im at at the moment... im not so sure everyone is capable of it.. like 10% of the population genuinely have something wrong with their brain.. like psychopathic, sociopathic, autistic, etc.. then if it's a greyscale you could slide that up to like 20%. they kinda need controlling or they take over :/
i dont think they're necessary stupid, just lacking in an area, like empathy. or i dunno... something, there's a lot to a person that could be wrong.
but as grim as it is, if that's the case, we need a society that accommodates and makes the best of it... like, literally the alternative is fkin nazi genocide, that's not an option. the hope is technology getting good enough to help everyone.. so... GM babies? :S

.. or maybe the academics are right, and people just need it explaining better...?
Last edited by Calvin on July 10th, 2020, 4:40 am, edited 10 times in total.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i really wasn't gonna post this, cos i thought the only relevant bit was up to 40 seconds ;P

but man... that 4:40 - 5:10... put that with the Double Fine video in the movies thread at 7:25 - 7:50

i know there's a lot of people that dont like jordan peterson, but i tell ya what.. he's a very smart guy.

(7:20+ :shock: sry man.. i swear i'd only watched it up to 5:00 when i posted.. what the fuck tho... it's not mah fault.. :| )
(fucks sake why did he have to go and say that.. i suppose we're all a bit mean)

i do like JP, but i think i probably watch it a bit differently to most people.. this is gonna be fascinating for me, cos i actually really loved Harry Potter, and i think Rowling is an exceptionally intelligent woman.

sorry, normal posting will resume on next page, i would post this on the movies page but that one's more or less back to normal now.
this page is still messy, so just while it is, might as well use it.

i promise i wont go on to the next page beyond a standard video to kick it off.

3:00 8-) :lol:

hmm.. makes sense i suppose.

ya know the stress of it all practically killed the guy.. his wife died of cancer not long ago and ya know what people are like...