Music Thread

Off-topic general discussion, for everything else.
Calvin

Re: Music Thread

Post by Calvin »

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

fluffhead321

Post by fluffhead321 »

Calvin wrote: July 7th, 2020, 3:16 am honestly you guys dont know how much of my stuff you use that you've picked up over the years. but i remember, everything.
you make music?
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

no but i bring it over to you, because you dont look.
you need better things than the trash globalist media gives you.
fluffhead321

Post by fluffhead321 »

Calvin wrote: July 12th, 2020, 9:49 pm no but i bring it over to you, because you dont look.
you need better things than the trash globalist media gives you.
lol, always with high horse...I was just curious

Not sure you know what I do, or where/when I look...I figured the ownership you were taking was that you'd posting something of your own, and I was curious to see.

You really thinking we're sitting around not knowing who the red hot chili peppers or azealia banks are? A lot of this stuff is pretty mainstream
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

yeah but buried in trash.

thing is im not here to preach to you really, im here to learn new things from the interesting people here...
well that was the original plan anyway... you sort of made it necessary tho by the lack of input.
it never used to be a problem until they chased all the decent people off.

it's really not about you knowing who they are either...

im not a cult of personality type person... oooh, you think this is about me dont you? i get it...
i dont care about the person really, so much as the work itself.

hm i suppose there's a bit of an irony in that, for me to be saying we're all individuals, but equate to 1 large mass of "humanity", trying to discover some 'truth'. it's meta-humanity ;P

i dunno actually, you guys are kinda teaching me to just judge people instead and say "this person good, that person bad"... hmm...
i have tried to talk to some of the people on here, but they are completely impossible to reach, so... are they just a write off?
is humanity really just sectioned out into idiots and not idiots.. masters and slaves? this is Nietzsche.

like, i dont think these people understand they are convincing people they are hopeless idiots that just need to be controlled...

do you see how it works? you. people. make. nazis.

ultimately i dont know either way. i think you can be reached maybe, but you need to listen to authority in the first place, until you are ready to be an authority. too many people get that little bit of knowledge and assume they can then take over and fix the system...
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

if you wanna know how i actually think it works.... i'll draw you a picture, gimme a sec.

like that basically.

not every smart person is an artist, and not every artist is smart enough to make great art.
some are consistent, some are not.

tell ya what, it'd be interesting to plot their popularity along with it.. i cant be arsed to actually make a real case study tho.
my prediction would be that you'll see a gain in popularity on the creation of a great work, then a steady drop off in insight as they become mainstream, and a constant increase in popularity as they sell out. to a point, then it'll crash. because they'll be crazy popular for no reason, and someone will notice, then the bottom will drop out.
then there will be another dried up artist used for all their worth and cast aside by the media... or they see where it's headed and call it a day early.

... if i end up accidentally recreating the concept of evil from first principles, i apologize in advance...

and btw, that Azelia Banks song... my old house number was 212. chillies were just there as a normal track to bring it back to average music for people to post ;P
you may notice it's at the top of the page.
it is a good song.. but a bit mainstream ye ;P

you've had your lot anyway, people wont listen to me now, or will in a different way, so cant post like that anymore.
but you made it necessary cos you people need to see the reality of things if you demand decision making.
couldn't just play the game could ya?
fluffhead321

Post by fluffhead321 »

the issue here is defining "great work of art"...
Too subjective
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i would say there are great works in all areas.

like there are great rap songs, there are shit rap songs. it's not the whole genre... i think that's where people make the mistake.. and it's the tribalism exerting itself. this is Hegal. saying there is some gem of knowledge in all philosophies.. something that each discipline does exceptionally well.

see what i try to do is look at all the different areas, and assemble a bigger picture. but that's really my own personal thing...
it's kinda like an intellectual epicurist.. see there is a common thread throughout everything - and that's humanity. ultimately im a humanist.

which is what star trek is supposed to be...

but what that means is that if you're like a metal-head for example, i wanna hear your best metal tracks.
i need pieces for my puzzle :P

i play this game for strange reasons.. but ya know, everyone has their own reasons for playing. it's not all about the pvpers and making it into a competitive sport. this game is way more than that.

im not asking people to only post 'great' things either.. people can post whatever they want, that's the beauty of it.
i will decide my own points of view after that, and that is my opinions. none of this should really be in the public space.
but you kinda need it... just cos you are totally misunderstanding where people are coming from, and their motives for things.
i could not care less about competing with people these days.. when i was like 15-22, yeah.. but now.. no. to me it's pointless.

i only really do 3 types of pvp now, grand strategy, because i like to see things evolve over time. intellectual sparring, because it makes people smarter and i get to pwn bullies. and i play games like league of legends because i can pull off some sick moves, and i like the real time battle of wits, it's sorta like this to me:
it's a bit like dancing with them to me :P they push somewhere, i push elsewhere. it's the ebb and flow. like dancing.
but for that they need fluid controls, and to not be too set-up based. UO is neither.
like i dont even play leagues *to* win. i play for the game, it's way more fun.

tbh with you i gave up on trying to help/convince people, and generally on caring what they think; a long time ago.
i would say im doing this now because you are gonna destroy a server im invested in. but really... im not that invested in anything these days, im just doing it cos i like eos. call it karma. some people call it 'X privilege' :lol:
i dunno like, maybe it is cos she's a woman lmao. maybe im actually competing for affection?? hmmmm... :lol:
i mean it's possible.... just... kinda... internet people never put out. they dont have genitals lmao.
it's really nothing to do with that imo.. it's a game. it's the meta-game of life...

i suppose you could say im being tribal myself.. that i've seen eos as a smart person, that's in my tribe.. interesting.
stop making me segregate people ya motha fkers.

ya know there's a reginald d hunter video where he's explaining the class system to americans.. and he's saying like class is for people that are crap at racism... that's probably related. problem is birth and breeding doesn't actually account for everything. it's a bell curve. if you get 2 idiots they still have a chance to produce a smart person, just a reduced chance; and vice-versa, 2 smart people can produce an idiot.. so inherited class doesn't work either. then there's educated idiots, and uneducated smart people...
shit's a mess bro.

maybe i just played too much SEGA as a kid, and believe if i collect all the chaos emeralds i can turn into super sonic xD

ya know.. i build monuments, like i add to things over time, and they become vast. but they've all be demolished.
all my profiles, all my blogs, all my channels, everything erased. except me... even this forum only goes back to 2016.
but ya know what they say:

*le sigh*
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-m ... r-44884913

ya know we're basically headed to being a third world country right? if we kept along those lines...
like, it kinda makes you racist when importing coloured people turns your country into theirs... that should not happen.
authority needs to double down and get a handle on things. these people need integrating, or you will end up with a race war.
segregation is not the way. urgh.. but then how can it be for uo but not for reality.. well because uo has no real hardships, and people can self assign to their group based on nothing more than their character. plus you literally have an impartial person acting as a 'god'.
reality is different.. and our political/social systems are not gendered or race based. yes i am arguing cultural superiority, but that's not racial superiority, there is a BIG difference.

so i suppose what im arguing for is a class system that's not hereditary, with nationalism promoted for unity between the segregated groups...
oh look i just invented the UN with a green agenda.
thing is ya see, it's kinda hard to have a United Nations when there's no nations...
like the problem with getting rid of segregation, is that the cnts just take over everything.

but the idea of segregating on physical features is just abhorrent.

see the racists literally believe that white people and black people are different, that western culture is the result of white people, and african culture is the result of black people (they think they would be wakanda if not for white people's interference). so they equate cultural superiority, to racial superiority. but that belief is literally founded in the belief that we are different - which is the literal definition of racism.

if you put it with the neanderthal - denisovian - homosapian stuff, then they could actually have point... but lets not go down that road.. honestly i really hope that's not the case, because if it is.. we're all fucked. it actually really pisses me off that that's the prevalent point of view, and they keep reinforcing it. cos we are gonna end up segregated and warring. if there is some kinda inter-racial breeding agenda going on, it's not to erase white people, it's to fkin bring up the black people... but im not even gonna entertain that option seriously.. it's just grim.

i just refuse to look at the world like that. it's not true anyway, there's great people of all shapes and colours.
the unifying factor is invariably humanism - a desire to help their community, however that manifests. because these people have empathy.
it's not self-less, everyone's still human, but there is a realization that your happiness is linked to theirs.
ultimately the only choice they have, is to be miserable, or be miserable and virtuous - which their brain kinda adapts into a new form of happiness - enlightenment.

which is what all these things are actually about. getting above your emotions, and being in control of your own destiny. being human.

people like to claim it's about sex, drugs, and rock and roll - that is what being human is all about.
they're totally wrong, that's what being an animal is all about. part of you is an animal yea. but not the best part..
all of this is just because the animals want to believe they are human.
it's so they can have their cake and eat it. remain ignorant hedonists, but believe they are virtuous higher beings...
ya literally cannot have both. like if i went and banged a hooker with some coke, im still not really a hedonist, i'd be a pseudo-hedonist. i would feel like shit about it because it's not my character. i cannot enjoy that level of stuff.
same as these are pseudo-intellectuals, they just dont get it. but they know what virtuous people *do*, so they do that, as a 'signal' of them being virtuous. it's virtue signalling. because they actually have no souls... or it's asleep in there somewhere at least.

+
just looking back on that poem.. it is kinda true that women had a more home-making role in them days.. but like.. we were sparing you it, honestly. feminists wanted to be rock super stars, and live large, big house, 5 cars... but it aint all that goes with being a rock star ;P
it's not as much fun as you thought is it? there's a reason men have such high rates of depression and suicide.
the kids should just enjoy being kids.. stop assuming all the adults are taking advantage and being unfair. society was not built to oppress you, it was built to protect you. in part, from yourselves.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

see why i get pissed off when the uo pvpers think they are hot shit cos they can all click at the same time :lol:

or worse, have edited the game client so it's almost impossible to lose. 's a fkin joke.

this is the sort of shit i play for:

ya just cant do it in uo.
that one at 2 mins is nice.
to me what you guys do isn't really pvp.. it's just... trolling really.
when you get red guild vs red guild, then yea fair enough.. i would watch that if i could tell who the fk was who and what was going on.
but most of it.. is just people enjoying being mean to other people - which is trolling.
like from my point of view, you just enjoy trolling people, uo is one of the last games that gave you the freedom to troll at will, so that's why you play uo. but designing for you guys is the last thing anyone should be doing.

like, i'll give you a game you'll enjoy, go put some snails in the middle of the road.
watch em be squished.. ya sadistic fucks.
i can enjoy a bit of sadism :twisted: but it's really not something to base a game on.

in a way i can give you it, because technically pvp is your mastery of the engine vs their mastery of the engine, in a kinda kung-fu battle.
i just dont think uo is the engine for it personally.

maybe im just looking at a different type of mastery i suppose... ... ... a lame one ;P
cant end on a compliment :lol:
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

im sure i posted this before... i guess other forum :S

this isn't dubstep btw, it's chip-step.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

sorta new one i guess

i dunno i went off this a bit tbh, Synthwave took over.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i'll try to go the other way, cos otherwise will just end up with loads of New Retro Synthwave again..
it is a great genre, but there are others.

there are much better OC remixes, it's all classic games music remade into full quality from 8 bit. just not loads on youtube.

https://ocremix.org/
Calvin

Post by Calvin »