Story...

Off-topic general discussion, for everything else.
The Silvertiger

Story...

Post by The Silvertiger »

Maybe you will get half a chuckle out of it:

So, today was the first day I've logged on to hybrid in years. And I got jailed for spamming [words of encouragement, literally. ;) ]

Just remember: "You are stronger than you think you are."
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Made In Quebec

Re: Story...

Post by Made In Quebec »

He should have let me know,

I like to do my drops in on Hybrid every now and then :)
The Silvertiger

So a day or so later, I read the rules and apparently I shouldn't have been jailed in the first place. Not only was I trying to be encouraging, but I was wrongfully jailed! Come say "hi" to ryan. He's active again.
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
desalonne

Post by desalonne »

To bad he's not active on a server that is actually played :) could do so many great things to make demise literally 1k plus players.
The Silvertiger

He doesn't like the era... I was surprised by the activity on hybrid. I logged in a couple years ago and it was dead, but it seems to be flourishing, atm.
Selling List & Vendor

desalonne

Post by desalonne »

Eh he doesn't have to like the era. He created the server. He owns the server. He has a community of 300 players here... (more than all but maybe 2 other servers) and it could very easily move into the top pop server with some very minor fixes. He just needs to show a little love.
kolbycrouch likes this.
kolbycrouch

Post by kolbycrouch »

desalonne wrote:Eh he doesn't have to like the era. He created the server. He owns the server. He has a community of 300 players here... (more than all but maybe 2 other servers) and it could very easily move into the top pop server with some very minor fixes. He just needs to show a little love.
100% quality post.
desalonne likes this.
The Silvertiger

desalonne wrote:Eh he doesn't have to like the era. He created the server. He owns the server. He has a community of 300 players here... (more than all but maybe 2 other servers) and it could very easily move into the top pop server with some very minor fixes. He just needs to show a little love.
Since he owns it he could just straight shut it down, but he doesn't. It's not like he's getting anything out of demise, since the store went down, besides complaints and attitudes. I mean really demise was supposed to be a tc basically. It was never meant to be one of the top servers. I would say he placed it in capable hands, but as each passing day goes by I wonder more and more. If you're looking to blame anyone for Demise's current state it is the staff members here. He has basically given control to Eos.

Wait lemme take that back. When he put his nose in demise, uos and euo became legal... Are you sure you want him here?
Selling List & Vendor

Alvin

Post by Alvin »

The Silvertiger wrote:[...]If you're looking to blame anyone for Demise's current state it is the staff members here. He has basically given control to Eos.
[...]
Blame?
Sorry but what the heck are you talking about?
Until the server move (and people freezing/crashing) demise was getting more active people every day... all the changes applied so far have been carefully thought of before implementation, and thats how it should be. If there are major changes that have overwhelming support from the player base, staff will quite clearly implement them.
"To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost."
~Gustave Flaubert
The Silvertiger

My thoughts as well, Alvin, but these outsiders don't feel the same way.
Selling List & Vendor

desalonne

Post by desalonne »

I mean I'm like 99% sure a lot of people have publically stated they would be happy to donate to a donation store here. It's not like he isn't capable of setting another one up here without much effort.

The way I see it he created this server....it has a huge population....and he can very much so still profit from it if he put a tiny ounce of love into it. I'm not asking him to come back to it. I'm not trying to place any blame for anything anywhere. I think the current admins can handle this place just fine. But there are things they are uncapable of doing due to him being the actual owner, so therefore he has to step up and do them. If he wants to shut this place down and habe just hybrid, that's entirely his choice.

A terrible business decision that would be considering the pop and willingness to donate for it.
The Silvertiger

I'm not sure he actually created it, tbh. I think psz is the creator. Ryan isn't hurting for money, so whether or not it's a bad business decision or not is up to him. Just like starting a mission for homeless... It's popular.
Selling List & Vendor