Good Movies

Off-topic general discussion, for everything else.
Calvin

Re: Good Movies

Post by Calvin »

Facko likes this.
Facko

Post by Facko »

Picard Picard Picard... wish I knew where to start. I don't want to say that if you legitimately enjoyed this show you have a low IQ... but if you enjoy this show you have a low IQ... and probably questionable morals.

Fuuuucccckkkk... its not even worth talking about or I'd post massive blatant spoilers. Like Picard dying from aromatic syndrome and coming back in a synth body... oops...

The guyver ovas... good stuff. Wish the tv show got picked up for a second season. Watch the live action movies for a good laugh, the second one wasn't so bad but it was pretty boring outside of the action. David hayter wasn't so bad as the guyver and the guyver zoanoid idea wasn't too bad.

Still waiting on more new berserk too.

100% drunk... Picard side effects... ignore my hostility even tho my criticism still stands.
ultio mea est
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

the second one is legendary just for having David Hayter in it. you know he went on to play Solid Snake in the Metal Gear games, and he wrote i think the first (?) X-men film.

the first movie is terrible yea. the original anime is pretty classic, watched all those as a kid when everyone was on power rangers lol. the OVAs are a bit meh, but they did remake the whole series in the 2000s with a full series that went a lot further than the original did.

picard had a horrific ending. just so bad. the majority of the series was trash. but there is like a few nuggets of good show in there. seven was good. what else was good... errm... riker was good.

yeah that's about it.

tho even riker they sorta made him psychic.. he's supposed to be smart, but more in like a fake and switch kinda way.. cunning. not sure when he became omniscient, but still nice to see him in the role. same thing with picard tbh, they make out like his character was some kinda trickster always up to something. he was like the most straight edge respectable guy -_-

redlettermedia hit is on the head tbh when they say he's watched the movies and not the series. they are their movie selves :/

seven was good though.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

westworld season 3 has started... i dont even know with this one.

season 1 is great, season 2 is terrible, season 3... pfft

was having a convo with a mate about picard btw, and i was saying about seven of nine being alright in it.

but the thing is, she fits into that world pretty well, and everyone keeps saying "it's not trek". it's kinda right, cos seven didn't really fit in with trek either.

i would say that picard is not trek, but it's also not discovery, it's like mirror universe trek.

if you remember these sorts of episodes? it's not the travesty discovery is, but it still has none of the ideals and stuff of trek. i could buy that the federation is selfish, and picard is an SJW in mirror universe.

the original show's MU was always kinda half arsed, so could be fair enough to have a proper series set in it

honestly though, all these people saying like "do you know what star trek is? it's about diversity and etc", they are dumbasses. star trek is imperialistic! they are going around the galaxy elevating everyone to their enlightenment principles. there was no cultural relativism in trek really, just cultural superiority and integration!

the one that actually did cultural relativism was Stargate

but funny story: one of my mates (white guy), thought another of my mates (black guy) would like Stargate, because Teal'c is a badass character. but after watching it, the black mate says to me that it's racist. i was like wtf? how's it racist? Teal'c badass. to which he goes "but look at him all golded up and shit, he's even got a spear."
he was right. weirdly. but a lot of the whole racism debate is just this same issue, and i've since come to know it's the difference between martin luther king, and malcolm x.
Facko

Post by Facko »

I don't know why but the Picard series actively offends me. With discovery and enterprise I was able to just ignore it and move on. Maybe it's because Picard's been a role model since I was 5. I take a lot of my core values from the show. I think this show went out of its way to destroy or murder everything good about trek over fan spite because no one is liking these poorly written miserable shows.

Them being in the mirror universe might almost be clever so you know that's not what's going on.

I would take their movie counterparts over what we're getting now. They aren't their movies selves, their just playing themselves.

That's not even mentioning the pure banality of the show. The bad guys were 100% right in this case. If Picard hadn't been involved and the romulans had murdered the robot girls, a lot less people would have been killed. The outcome would be the same with our without Picard.

ANDROID F8! FUUUUUUCCCKKKK!
ultio mea est
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

lol why was he gay for data all of a sudden too?

ya know what it is tbh? it's cos we live in a 2 class system kinda thing.. patrick stewart totally changed after he had that argument with james corden, and while he had a legit complaint, and a lot of people would agree with him; the media is all one type of people, like the yuppie tech and journalism types. they all agreed patrick was being a boomer, so his mate big gay gandalf worked as a go between and hooked up corden and pat. so he like drank the coolade kinda thing. joined the celebrity party. and then when STD was being crap, they rang up their newly acquired steward to try and make a link between retconned prime universe or whatever it is, and proper trek.

then like pod-person patrick steward got a few of the old crew as well, but probably by the urging of the studio, cos he knows he's in with a new clique now, and his old mates and his new mates wont really get on.

tbh just treat it as a spin off and take the good bits.. seven was good.. riker was good. i keep trying to think of more, cos my opinion of it was that it was watchable.. but honestly cant think of more

these fucking media people are like off the hunger games or something though. i really do despise them.

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

HOLY FUCKING MOTHER OF FUCK!

I TOLD YOU IT'S THE GLASSES!!

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

see this happened, and he became the bad guy for a while, then he started towing the company line so now he's one of 'them'

he learnt the error of his ways of like, taking stuff seriously, and being respectful and stuff. that or they swapped him.

even the youtube clip is framed to not show what he's pissed off about...
it's these yuppie technies and journalists man.. it's an unholy alliance.

Facko

Post by Facko »

I wish there had been good bits in this somewhere. I don't try to get this worked up over entertainment but this is like bringing married... with children back but making al bundy a pc bitch. All of the crazy i accused you of hit me in the head with this show.

This is my watchmen tv show to you... if that makes sense...
ultio mea est
Facko

Post by Facko »

That's not even mentioning the complete failure in storytelling and characterization... everything is bad here.
ultio mea est
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Facko wrote: March 29th, 2020, 10:27 pm All of the crazy i accused you of hit me in the head with this show.

it's like a whole generation of writers.. how things got this way is a mystery, but it is very much how things are now

picard is only mildly bad imo though.. like it is bad, but the standard is so low these days...

it's not as terrible as like star wars
Last edited by Calvin on March 30th, 2020, 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Facko

Post by Facko »

Ugh... you could have put senator vreenak up there too (it's a fake!) and it would have been spot. More booze incoming!
ultio mea est
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Facko

Post by Facko »

Picard was star wars bad to me. Just stretched into 10(ish) hours. I can't even remember the name of the last star wars movie right now. It's that forgettable...

These days... fuck I feel old.
ultio mea est
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

its not like stuff has moved on that much really.. people have just gotten dumber