Good Movies

Off-topic general discussion, for everything else.
Calvin

Re: Good Movies

Post by Calvin »

if watchmen is so good, and the tulsa scene is realistic: why does the solider give his rifle to the mum, and he then carries the child while she covers him?

does her girl power just makes her a crack shot with it.

gender roles aside, would it not make sense to have the mum carry the kid, and the soldier cover them? see, reality doesn't matter to these people.

it's all about optics, and im sick to death of it.

i swear they genuinely think that movies and tv shows are not depicting reality, but actually making reality, and what you show on screen, is what people become. well it's not true. all you've ended up with is a generation of deluded idiots.
Last edited by Calvin on November 27th, 2019, 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fluffhead321

Post by fluffhead321 »

Calvin wrote: November 27th, 2019, 8:01 pm
fluffhead321 wrote: November 27th, 2019, 7:42 pm So what happened in 1921 Tulsa?
basically a white woman accused a black man. #believeallwomen
so the black guy was arrested and found guilty.
then a bunch of black people turned up with some weapons and shit.
a bunch of white people got killed.
so they got a big buncha white people and went and attacked the black neighborhood to run em out of town.

im not 100% sure, but i am 100% sure it was aggravated, it was in retaliation, and it was nothing to do with the KKK.

i'll try to find you the video i watched. the guy brought up a lot of news paper articles and stuff. he says he literally did his history report on it.

gonna be hard to find now there's all the propaganda out about it.
so...just to be certain, your knowledge is based off only one source you dont remember too clearly, from a guy who "did a history report on it"? Dick Rowland was never found guilty actually, Sarah Page didnt press charges, there's no record of her even making a statement to the police, and he was exonerated.

Also that group of a couple hundred white people that showed up to the courthouse and tried to force their way in and "asked" the Sherriff to turn Dick Rowland over to them...We have term for those groups here in the states...They're called lynch mobs.
Last edited by fluffhead321 on November 27th, 2019, 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

lemme find the video. it's difficult with google and youtube censoring / promoting stuff. i remember it fine tbh, and there was plenty of evidence shown.

you basically have to watch things within a day or 2 of them being put up, before they're buried as not following the narrative.

it wasn't one of the regular popular youtubers, it was some random guy, and half the video was just about Tulsa, but he knew his stuff, that's why i watched it, and remember it.
Facko

Post by Facko »

Now I'm not sure where to start lol.

Everything about the new treks is fan service. Same with star wars. No one can seem to write anything new in either case. Pointing to some of the worst film creators of all time doesn't help you here lol. I'd like to see the, "truth" about the Tulsa stuff. Lol.

You pretty much contradicted yourself with it was aggravated. Plenty of Oklahomans today who have photos or other memorabilia from that time that says otherwise. I've seen photos of white families looking happy and normal with their children right in front of a tree they strung black folks up on. But I'm sure some British asshole across the globe knows much better. Lol.

Not sure how it got into feminism. Someone has a big chip. Lol, guess I'll counter with this Alan Moore photo. Even if it doesn't make sense.
Attachments
47683084_2536378489710538_1235003217306189824_o.jpg
47683084_2536378489710538_1235003217306189824_o.jpg (297.22 KiB) Viewed 5265 times
ultio mea est
Facko

Post by Facko »

What's the name of the girl that hurt you or tried to tell you what to do Calvin? Do you need a hug?

Seriously tho. You can get something (watchmen in this case) and still think it's ham fisted and stupid. Alan Moore thinks he's a wizard ffs...
Last edited by Facko on November 27th, 2019, 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ultio mea est
fluffhead321

Post by fluffhead321 »

btw the KKK was certainly involved...that's not even a factor that's under question...There were active, high ranking klan members who admit to being actively involved in the neighborhood being burned down, and tarring and feathering groups of men during the incident.

Whether it was some grand conspiracy directed by the klan? Who knows.

You've already said a few factually incorrect things here, so you either don't remember it "fine" or this "history report" had inaccurate information.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

im gonna have to do the research myself at this rate. but i will.
can i just clarify this point; are you saying it was one sided, and it was a white lynch mob attacking the peaceful and successful black people?
that's what you're going with?

Facko, who are the fans to you?!?? like... you think killing han is fan service? you think luke giving up and living on a rock drinking green beasty milk is fan service? what about spok having a love interest? there's so much..

like this is not fan service AT ALL. this is not what the fans want to see. this is people who are not fans, taking over the franchise to push an agenda that they want the fans to adopt.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

you get that the majority knows this right?

that it's why trump got elected, it's why brexit won, it's why ghost busters 2016 flopped, it's why STD is flopping, it's why bat woman and supergirl are flopping, it's why joker did so well.

and i kinda have a chip on my shoulder about the whole SJW culture that took over MY internet. is attacking my games, my movies. has been doing so for the last 10 years; systematically destroying and degrading them.

well it's over now. i was right all along. kicked off facebook and youtube for having a different opinion. well the tide has turned boys. it's time to reap the whirlwind.

it's a very nice feeling to know you stuck by your principles, and in the end they were right.

as for Tulsa, im not saying it was all black people's fault, and im not saying it was all white people's fault. im sure there was bad actors on both sides. but the media, has an agenda, and they'll only show you one side.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

also the british owe nothing to racial stuff. we abolished slavery. in all our colonies. including the ones in africa where slavery had been practiced for thousands of years before we even got there.

we never would have genocided the indians, it wasn't until you kicked us out that you were free to do that.

we never had slavery like yours in britain.

"We have no slaves at home – Then why abroad?
Slaves cannot breathe in England; if their lungs
Receive our air, that moment they are free.
They touch our country, and their shackles fall.
That's noble, and bespeaks a nation proud.
And jealous of the blessing. Spread it then,
And let it circulate through every vein."

we've nothing to be ashamed of.

PS. you're all welcome. it's nice that you're all so grateful. #sarcasm

PPS. stop using google. use bing.
Last edited by Calvin on November 27th, 2019, 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Facko

Post by Facko »

Damn it. Forum ate my post because you can't shut up and I'm on my phone lol.

Fan service is putting in things that don't need to be there from past movies or shows because you can't come up with anything new. New treks are awful for this reason too. Trek has already proven that with a good cast you can do whatever you want in that universe. But no, they feel like they need spock and pike...ffs. Picard is going to be awful.

Harrison Ford has wanted for Han to die since empire. Fuck the falcon. Make something new ffs.

Everything Alan Moore had ever made has been ham fisted and obvious. It's time you hear the truth. :P
ultio mea est
fluffhead321

Post by fluffhead321 »

Calvin wrote: November 27th, 2019, 8:54 pm you get that the majority knows this right?

that it's why trump got elected, it's why brexit won, it's why ghost busters 2016 flopped, it's why STD is flopping, it's why bat woman and supergirl are flopping, it's why joker did so well.

as for Tulsa, im not saying it was all black people's fault, and im not saying it was all white people's fault. im sure there was bad actors on both sides. but the media, has an agenda, and they'll only show you one side.
I dunno where you're going with the TV show stuff, i don't watch any of those, the writing and acting is atrocious.

As for "what I'm saying", I haven't said much, I'm just calling bullshit and misinformation when I see it.

I'd suggest some extensive research regarding the matter that stretches beyond some dudes "history report". Then we can have an informed discussion regarding the subject.

And from what I've seen allowed on youtube and facebook, I cant imagine what you'd have to have said to get banned.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

you're on about retconning.

where they go back and change stuff from the original movies that people loved. like terminator dark fate. did you think john connor stopped skynet at the end T2? wrong! 10 mins after the film wrapped they got him.

they are not putting it in as fan service, they are putting it in so they can corrupt and change it retrospectively. so they can make luke not a hero. so they can make han not pro. so they can make spok not logically dispassionate.

im lost for words that you have so misunderstood what they are doing. the whole point is to bring down the old characters, to lower the bar, and to bring in new characters to take over the franchise. preaching a new message and theme, carried by the fandom of the original message and theme.

luckily people are not that stupid... most people anyway.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

fluffhead321 wrote: November 27th, 2019, 9:23 pm And from what I've seen allowed on youtube and facebook, I cant imagine what you'd have to have said to get banned.
it depends when you are on about. i was in the first wave of the ideological purge. since then they've been up infront of congress and stuff for banning and silencing conservatives. the irony is im not actually that conservative, just the left went sooooo far left it's insane. like giving hormones to kids and absolute benevolent racism. see i argue for equality, but i also argue against affirmative action. because i think it assumes a lower bar is necessary. which to me is racist. or sexist.

either we're the same or we're not. if we're the same then lets treat everyone equally and not let people get away with shit using their race/gender as an excuse.
Last edited by Calvin on November 27th, 2019, 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Facko

Post by Facko »

fluffhead321 wrote: November 27th, 2019, 9:23 pm
Calvin wrote: November 27th, 2019, 8:54 pm you get that the majority knows this right?

I dunno where you're going with the TV show stuff, i don't watch any of those, the writing and acting is atrocious.

As for "what I'm saying", I haven't said much, I'm just calling bullshit and misinformation when I see it.

I'd suggest some extensive research regarding the matter that stretches beyond some dudes "history report". Then we can have an informed discussion regarding the subject.

And from what I've seen allowed on youtube and facebook, I cant imagine what you'd have to have said to get banned.
What he said. Never bothered with STD beyond the first episode. I've seen stuff here in Oklahoma that would appall you to your very core. Not in museums, but in people's homes. Living with rednecks would give you some perspective.
ultio mea est
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Facko wrote: November 27th, 2019, 9:30 pm Living with rednecks would give you some perspective.
there are people like that on BOTH sides.