Good Movies

Off-topic general discussion, for everything else.
Facko

Re: Good Movies

Post by Facko »

Calvin wrote: August 25th, 2020, 12:18 pm well if that Shadowgate documentary thing is right, then they're not looking up what you have previously looked up and giving you more of the same; they're looking up what you previously looked up, building you a profile, then sending you what they think will manipulate you... :S
If true it has the opposite effect on me. Unless their trying to get me to NOT consume their products.
ultio mea est
Calvin likes this.
Facko

Post by Facko »

ultio mea est
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

^that's a great film

"this fucking jap doesn't understand a word we're saying."
*BANG BANG*
"i understand 'fucking jap' you asshole"

you know the guy is Takeshi Kitano, he's literally the guy Takeshi's Castle is named after. he's like a national treasure for japan.

on wikipedia he's listed as a comedian, television presenter, actor, filmmaker, and author.
but he writes, directs, acts, produces, sings, runs a talent agency, designs, he does everything.
Facko likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Facko wrote: August 26th, 2020, 7:29 am You're probably right but I don't care to find out.

I got tired of seeing feminist stories in my news feed about how important wonder woman was because women are never leads in movies. You know that's bullshit. Or the stories about how gal gadot was wonder woman in real life. Etc... Not just one or twice but like 20+ stories a day. Probably because I deigned to watch a batman v superman review once...

Basically they wore me out on the movie before I even had a chance to see even a trailer. That with the dcu movies just being, "meh" at best... I was out.
to be fair there's a couple of decent DC films... Aquaman was good, though it has enough content for like 3 films. err Batfleck was good, but yeah the film wasn't.. and the entire justice league thing is lame..

tbh i was watching this:

and it did occur to me that it was terrible... like compared to all the comparable things; Marvel, Watchmen, Manga stuff, Afro Samurai type stuff, Mortal Kombat animes, Ghibli stuff, Pixar stuff, Dreamworks stuff, Animatrix-y stuff... there really is loads these days, and DC is really the worst of them.

it's just interesting with Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman, because they have two very different ideas of feminism. Wonder Woman would be a TERF lol

tbh i agree with them, i dont think chopping a guys knob off and putting him in a dress makes him a woman.
there's just sort of more to it than that.
i also dont think liking flowers and stuff makes them women either, it doesn't even necessarily make them gay.
people are very confused these days. i honestly have no idea how humanity survives in such a messed up state.

end of the day, it seems to me.... they're just into freaky sex. all this shit's just an excuse/attempt to justify it.

which is kinda funny, cos i dont give a shit if people are into freaky sex. do whatever you want with your genitals, i really could not care less. just dont go trying to destroy society so you dont feel guilty about it.

my point of view is that it's not my business, and it has no bearing on the things that are my business. so why the hell should i care what sexuality people are?

+
lol just watching the video explaining what a TERF is. i'd love to sit these people down and explain stuff to them, but you'd never be able to, they'd start shouting and throwing things because...
Last edited by Calvin on August 27th, 2020, 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

this is a good documentary.

R.I.P Aaron Swartz

*sigh*

oh cool, whole thing is up on youtube:
Facko

Post by Facko »

Calvin wrote: August 27th, 2020, 1:04 pm ^that's a great film

"this fucking jap doesn't understand a word we're saying."
*BANG BANG*
"i understand 'fucking jap' you asshole"

you know the guy is Takeshi Kitano, he's literally the guy Takeshi's Castle is named after. he's like a national treasure for japan.

on wikipedia he's listed as a comedian, television presenter, actor, filmmaker, and author.
but he writes, directs, acts, produces, sings, runs a talent agency, designs, he does everything.
I was about to turn it off until that scene lol
ultio mea est
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

:lol:
Facko likes this.
Facko

Post by Facko »

Calvin wrote: August 27th, 2020, 4:40 pm

:lol:
Used to walk past this in my old video stores b movie wall a lot. Gonna hafta watch it when I get the chance. Bill and Ted 3 might take priority this weekend tho, it's out tomorrow I hear.
ultio mea est
Facko

Post by Facko »

@calvin

In the middle of bill and ted 3. So far so good. I'd say they gender swapped their kids but I don't think it's meant to come off that way. They found a way to make that work with the stupidity of the characters so I hope you don't discount it right away. Fun so far and different in the way 2 was from the first. I won't post any specifics but I'll say later if I thought it was good or not.

One specific tho... theremin throat music! Ftw!
ultio mea est
Facko

Post by Facko »

Facko wrote: August 28th, 2020, 11:36 pm @calvin

In the middle of bill and ted 3. So far so good. I'd say they gender swapped their kids but I don't think it's meant to come off that way. They found a way to make that work with the stupidity of the characters so I hope you don't discount it right away. Fun so far and different in the way 2 was from the first. I won't post any specifics but I'll say later if I thought it was good or not.

One specific tho... theremin throat music! Ftw!
Enjoyable. Smarter than it needed to be but so were the first 2 if you think about it. Paradoxes and causality loops and alla that. Comedy terminator concept.
ultio mea est
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Facko wrote: August 29th, 2020, 12:32 am Enjoyable. Smarter than it needed to be but so were the first 2 if you think about it. Paradoxes and causality loops and alla that. Comedy terminator concept.
urg it was watchable, but i dunno about enjoyable.. they still shittin on 80s heroes for no apparent reason

still old failure white guys with girls & black guys replacing them.

still the hollywood liberal agenda. i laughed once at dennis, but that was literally it.

still retconned it to be about their bs instead of being about questionable youths growing up into responsible adults.

"oh no, han solo isn't actually a badass rogue that always escapes. oh no, luke doesn't actually bring balance to the force or rebuild the jedi order. oh no, wolverine isn't actually immortal. oh no, bill and ted aren't actually the great ones. oh no, john connar was never really the leader of the rebellion."

gettin kinda sick of their shit tbh.

retcon
[ˈrɛtkɒn]
NOUN
(in a film, television series, or other fictional work) a piece of new information that imposes a different interpretation on previously described events, typically used to facilitate a dramatic plot shift or account for an inconsistency.
"we're given a retcon for Wilf's absence from Donna's wedding in ‘The Runaway Bride’: he had Spanish Flu"
VERB
revise (an aspect of a fictional work) retrospectively, typically by introducing a piece of new information that imposes a different interpretation on previously described events.
"I think fans get more upset when characters act blatantly out of established type, or when things get retconned"
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

wonder what they're planning to rape next

oh it'll be james bond wont it.
then probably dune.

tbh it's kind of a good thing cos this whole generation of films is gonna be like quarantined as trash, and the classics will become immortalized

and on the bright side, there's not really anything left for them to ruin.
wonder what they'll do when they're out of IP's to destroy

kids in the future are gonna see the 'modern' versions, then watch the 80's versions and be like snuffles watching the 'evolution' of the dog. (1:40)

Facko

Post by Facko »

I guess I just saw the comedy and sci-fi angle more than anything else. I get where you're coming from. I really do. But it has to be really heavy handed for it to bother me. Like Picard.
ultio mea est
Facko

Post by Facko »

My expectations weren't very high for bill and ted 3 either tho. That probably helped me enjoy it for what it was. Stupid fun. The B plot with their kids was what brought the movie down a notch or two for me. They should have solved the problem themselves after falling to steal their song from themselves. But I enjoyed the Sci fi aspect with the causality loop thing.

They already raped James Bond. Here's what I see in Daniel Craig's bond.
Attachments
craig_e_newman3.jpg
craig_e_newman3.jpg (89.26 KiB) Viewed 3405 times
ultio mea est
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

its a passable film. some of them are, like django unchained... but they are still eeeeevil lol.

retcon shit in ways you dont even realize.

i just dunno why they have to make all the happy ending 80s films into miserable futures instead of extending the awesomeness. why not have badass bill and ted? why make them losers in the first place?

There is literally a 'sjw propaganda' genre.

like the whole point of the original film was that they learn stuff and grow up, so like they can be cool and then become responsible. what is this new one saying? cool people are losers, but their female versions are geniuses? i mean what?

but yeah, it was good seeing death again.. they all played the old characters well.. the storyline was terrible. the robot was good. the future was terrible. the time travel...? was none existent really? what did we see... cave.. smokey pub... corridor.. street. terrible future world briefly.

the other us's were all cool though.

+
Death
Acting
Other Us's
Robot
Hell
Female versions well done
Missy lol

-
Politics
General storyline