Good Movies

Off-topic general discussion, for everything else.
Facko

Re: Good Movies

Post by Facko »

https://youtu.be/vnBKhFiXFss

Outside of that... I haven't seen anyone recommend Dolemite is my name. You're missing out if you're a Rudy Ray Moore fan and you should eat out more often...
ultio mea est
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

john carpenter is the best
Facko likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

check out all this propaganda :/

they are supposed to be impartial and just report the facts lol
totally telling people what to think and giving leading statements :?

i love the way they make bold statements, then at the end put '(says this guy)'. :lol:

UK workers = lazy good for nothings, Iranians tho, artists mate!
'dont try to come after us for our savill pedo ring!'
'wamen still getting raw deal in partiarchy'
'corbyn will do as we say' lol

urgh. so bad.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

oh and look, the youtube algorithms are after me, great...
Suggested Video:

yeah, the modern world is great lol
i just love it when stuff tries to socially engineer me.

what can ya do but laugh really.

such a good film.
Facko

Post by Facko »

I know it's not a movie but I think everyone should watch The Boys. It's a dark satirical take on the justice league... sorta, but it's better than that. Cobra Kai has been great too.

ultio mea est
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

The Mandalorian has been pretty good so far, nice to see a Starwars that feels like Starwars.
Facko

Post by Facko »

Since I think Zach Snyder and Alan moore are both useless hacks, it was hard for me to give the Watchmen show a chance. It's been exceptional however. Largely because neither of those two useless hipster fucks are involved. Think I gave it a shot because it's set in Tulsa Oklahoma (I live in norman OK with family in Tulsa). If you're an Alan Moore fan... eat me. The original watchmen comic and the movie are pretty mediocre. Guess that's why people love it. Mediocrity is the new good...

/rant
Last edited by Facko on November 27th, 2019, 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ultio mea est
Facko

Post by Facko »

Calvin wrote: November 23rd, 2019, 5:48 pm The Mandalorian has been pretty good so far, nice to see a Starwars that feels like Starwars.
I was going to give this show a shot until my girl started squee-ing about baby Yoda. Lost all interest immediately. It might be better than that but I've been sick of fan service since trek 09.

Probably still gonna watch it tho. :x
ultio mea est
Facko

Post by Facko »

Where south park got the cripple fight from...

It's too bad I never saw rowdy roddy piper in anything else outside of the highlander tv show and the outer limits (the 90s version). He could have done so much great action schlock.
ultio mea est
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Facko wrote: November 27th, 2019, 1:22 am Since I think Zach Snyder and Alan moore are both useless hacks, it was hard for me to give the Watchmen show a chance. It's been exceptional however. Largely because neither of those two useless hipster fucks are involved. Think I gave it a shot because it's set in Tulsa Oklahoma (I live in norman OK with family in Tulsa). If you're an Alan Moore fan... eat me. The original watchmen comic and the movie are pretty mediocre. Guess that's why people love it. Mediocrity is the new good...

/rant
:?

watchmen comic and original film are great. the new series is travesty.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Facko wrote: November 27th, 2019, 1:27 am
Calvin wrote: November 23rd, 2019, 5:48 pm The Mandalorian has been pretty good so far, nice to see a Starwars that feels like Starwars.
I was going to give this show a shot until my girl started squee-ing about baby Yoda. Lost all interest immediately. It might be better than that but I've been sick of fan service since trek 09.

Probably still gonna watch it tho. :x
what is wrong with you :P

what is fan service to you?
what do you mean you're sick of fan service? they've been shitting on the fans for the last 10 years. including 09 trek!

baby yoda put you off? wtf? your girl likes it? wtf? fan service in 09 trek? wtf?

the latest starwars have been terrible. just some mary sue that found a light sabre and is now like "this is easy"
>beats sith lord
>beats luke
>kills han
>blows up millennium falcon

who knew that girl power was so much more powerful than anything else in the entire star wars universe?

all people want is a space western.

the wokemen is just an absolute disgrace! the original comic is awesome because it shows the moral complexity of utilitarianism and the ironic reality of 'super heroes'. Rorschach is the only one that will not compromise and commit an evil for a greater good, and he dies for it. now he's some kinda KKK leader? wtf?
the depiction of Tulsa is TERRIBLE. it's the worst re-writing of history, that is not what happened, at all. never mind the fact it's an alternative history. even the director has come out and said he knows he messed up, and he's made the worst mistake of his life making it.

i was so hyped for that series. i watched the first 3 eps, ended up skipping through the 4th. not bothered with it since.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

ya know where stuff went wrong?

here:

when no six foot wide door-man picked them up and threw their asses out.
now we have an entire generation that thinks this is how it works.

we now have a bunch of skanks metaphorically doing exactly this to our games and movies.

need to stop letting them get away with it.

im all for more women in industries, but these aren't women. they're skanks. ya cant just be a total ass and blame your gender, it's such a disservice to actual decent women. stop lettin skanks and beta boys that bend over for the skanks decide stuff. being female is not some kinda excuse, it should be insulting to women to say it is. these people are self centered assholes.
fluffhead321

Post by fluffhead321 »

So what happened in 1921 Tulsa?
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

right check this out:

and now look at your writer for wokemen compared to your original writer of watchmen:

i swear he has a legit point.

here's the star trek discovery writer:

here's your bat woman creator:

here's your supergirl creator:

here's your 2016 ghost busters creator:

i wish i were making this shit up.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

fluffhead321 wrote: November 27th, 2019, 7:42 pm So what happened in 1921 Tulsa?
basically a white woman accused a black man. #believeallwomen
so the black guy was arrested and found guilty.
then a bunch of black people turned up with some weapons and shit.
a bunch of white people got killed.
so they got a big buncha white people and went and attacked the black neighborhood to run em out of town.

im not 100% sure, but i am 100% sure it was aggravated, it was in retaliation, and it was nothing to do with the KKK.

i'll try to find you the video i watched. the guy brought up a lot of news paper articles and stuff. he says he literally did his history report on it.

gonna be hard to find now there's all the propaganda out about it.