Good Movies

Off-topic general discussion, for everything else.
Calvin

Re: Good Movies

Post by Calvin »

yeah what you believe is just as valid as what i believe.
that's why Hillary was 99% sure to win the election.
unfortunately there actually IS a reality that exists aside from opinion, and some people's opinions reflect reality.

what you dont get tho, is that the delusional people are actually the lucky ones. they basically live in the matrix, while the rest of us try to keep the world on track.
Facko

Post by Facko »

I've already tried to get you to stop and chill but you just keep letting me troll you and I'm getting bored..
ultio mea est
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Facko wrote: November 27th, 2019, 1:22 am Since I think Zach Snyder and Alan moore are both useless hacks, it was hard for me to give the Watchmen show a chance. It's been exceptional however. Largely because neither of those two useless hipster fucks are involved. Think I gave it a shot because it's set in Tulsa Oklahoma (I live in norman OK with family in Tulsa). If you're an Alan Moore fan... eat me. The original watchmen comic and the movie are pretty mediocre. Guess that's why people love it. Mediocrity is the new good...
:stick:
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

it is a weird thing though, because the show is made for people like you, not people like me; fans of the original.

i just dont understand why they would use an existing IP to do this?
why not make a new IP that has these politics and themes?

it's exactly the same thing with like the ghost busters reboot, the new star wars films, the new star trek.. i genuinely dont understand why they would do this, unless they genuinely dont understand why the fans like those shows in the first place. OR, that it's a totally malicious attempt at social engineering. OR, i suppose, just a cash grab to exploit the name.

I think they dont understand it.
the prevailing view is that it's a cash grab.
and the conspiracy theory is that it's intentional.

i think the world is now basically full of educated idiots, that dont know they're idiots..

also just out of curiosity... do you have thick black rimmed glasses?

see, this is why i got banned from facebook, i didn't actually do anything wrong at all, but people dont like losing arguments, and for a while there; enough people not liking you was enough to have you virtually shot, even without committing any crime.
Last edited by Calvin on November 28th, 2019, 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Facko

Post by Facko »

I'd love to see your reaction to the 6th episode. The origins of the hooded justice.

The reason for using the same IP is the same with the mandalorian. No one would give it a chance otherwise.

And no lol. Are you a fat or ugly guy that women won't touch?
ultio mea est
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

oh lemme guess. he's actually a transgender nazi eskimo.

of course people would give it a chance, they just wouldn't continue watching it afterwards, and it wouldn't become a serial IP. but that's the point, the exact same has happened with these IPs, all they have done is ruin the name, and not get the product assessed on it's own merits.

and nah im a sexy beast that has to avoid women because they always try it on with me, and usually they are terrible people.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

seriously, what is it with the fkin glasses?!?!

it's getting really bad, because im starting to really believe i know this persons opinions, just looking at them. that is not good!
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

oh i watched a film i wouldn't usually bother with actually, and it was really good.

actually dont watch the trailer, man what a lot of spoilers.

my mate said it's part of a series, so i should check out the earlier ones i guess. but putting it on not knowing anything about it was great.

^there's probably some irony in there lol
Facko

Post by Facko »

Let's be honest. No one would have interest in space bounty hunter. Too niche to get a real following. Attach it to star wars and whether it's good or not people would at least give it a chance because of the brand. If discovery didn't have star trek in its name it'd be canceled already.
ultio mea est
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

discovery should be cancelled..

"space bounty hunter"
what a combo of words! it does not get better than that!

"i come in peace!"

star wars is a good setting for that, and it's a good story for the setting. it's a match made in heaven.

i could not say the same thing for like "girl-power, progressive, social commentary"
Facko likes this.
Facko

Post by Facko »

Lmao, I remember seeing I come in peace on HBO. That's probably why you don't see the dream on guy in anything nowadays lol. I think space drug dealer is more accurate tho.

I loved firefly and serenity but almost no one has heard of it.
ultio mea est
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

yeah but you could say the cop one is like a bounty hunter ;)

firefly was really good, see, that had the politics and that, that was it's own IP, but it wasn't over the top. it's Joss whedon that, the guy that made buffy the vampire slayer, so it is a bit sorta light hearted. but it is still really good.

the film kinda ruined it, it was a mess.. cashed in like 6 seasons worth of storyline in 2 hours >.<

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

actually killjoys is basically the girl power progressive space bounty hunter one.

it's not terrible.. it's better than the other one.... errr what was it called... Dark matter.

actually maybe the same... neither are as good as The Expanse though.
Facko

Post by Facko »

You don't dis by boy Shep Ramsey! Lol

I'm sure some of those shows you posted are fine but probably go largely unwatched if they resemble real scifi at all.

Wish I had time to watch more stuff but the only reason I have time to argue is cuz I have the holidays off. :)

Everyone should watch Sliders, John Rhys Davies is the man! Turned to shit after the 3rd season tho.

ultio mea est
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

sliders is good. suburban commando is good.

but this new generation of shit, is shit.