Really?

Off-topic general discussion, for everything else.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Re: Really?

Post by Bama »

There is

"hell" in hello

"good" in goodbye

"lie" in believe

"over" in lover

"end" in friend

"ex" in "next"

"if" in life
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

there is no I in team. but there is an "m" and an "e"....
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Bama wrote: April 11th, 2020, 11:58 pm In the original story of Snow White, the evil Queen is punished for her crimes by being forced to wear red-hot iron shoes and dance until she dies.
that's like Hercules. the way Hera finally kills him is to give him a shirt of infinite itchiness!
it doesn't sound that bad, but his own super strength makes him rip all the flesh from his bones :o

myths are brutal.. this is a funny one, people have often heard about Prometheus stealing fire from the gods, and about Pandora having a box, but they might not know they are actually the same story. it's actually part of the greek genesis myth (ancient greece predates ancient rome if you didn't know. Alexander the Great is the model that the Roman Empire was built on, when he conquered the Persian Empire, who were pretty much the first proper empire).

So the myth goes like this: the current generation of man is not the first, i cant remember exactly, but i think first there were men of gold, who were immortal and stuff, then men of bronze, etc, then eventually men of iron: that's us. Prometheus steals fire from the gods and gives it to the men of iron, and to punish him, he is sentenced to be trapped under a mountain, and have his liver eaten every day by a bird.. i think it's a crow, then it regenerates for the next day because he's a god. meanwhile, to punish man... they send Pandora, the first woman, who comes with a box of all the evils of the world :lol:

i bet the dude was just trolling his wife when he wrote it :mrgreen:
Bama likes this.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Wonderlic scores for QBs entering the 2020 draft
• Jake Fromm: 35
• Joe Burrow: 34
• Jordan Love: 27
• Justin Herbert: 25
• Anthony Gordon: 25
• Jacob Eason: 23
• James Morgan: 23
• Jalen Hurts: 18
• Tua Tagovailoa: 13

Hmmm
Look at the scores from the 2 QB’s that graduated from.........

....... where Nick Sabin coaches football

To be fair It consists of 50 multiple choice questions to be answered in 12 minutes
The score is calculated as the number of correct answers given in the allotted time. A score of 20 is intended to indicate average intelligence.

The average score of an NFL player according to position is the following:

Offensive tackle – 26
Center – 25
Quarterback – 24
Guard – 23
Tight end – 22
Safety – 19
Linebacker – 19
Cornerback – 18
Wide receiver – 17
Fullback – 17
Halfback – 16
An average football player usually scores around 20 points. Quarterbacks and offensive linemen usually have higher scores. Most teams want at least 21 for a quarterback
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Men have nipples because everyone is a female until the Y chromosome kicks in. You were all girl embryos.
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Facko likes this.
Facko

Post by Facko »

Bama wrote: April 20th, 2020, 9:26 pm 420
Dunno what time zone your in but you were 6 minutes late for 4-20-2020 4:20.

ultio mea est
Bama likes this.
Facko

Post by Facko »

Or maybe 12 hours and 6 minutes late. I'm high.
ultio mea est
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

... just a funny thought...

this is Douglas Adams, one of the best authors ever imo, talking about atheism.

so he's basically saying that evolution works by the thing that works best, surviving, and so being the thing that exists. then theism works by the thing that survived going "oh wow this all fits me so well, it must have been made for me!" - hence the belief in a creator.

... now here is the funny thought... is that what patriarchy is? does society not just kinda evolve without a mastermind creator? are the conspiracies not just kind of a modern theism? just a really unimaginative one...

i am forever vexed by people contradicting themselves.. from accepting complex systems arise through trial and error, but also that they require a creator. to accepting men and women are the same and gender roles are made up, but believing someone can be born the wrong gender because it doesn't fit their personality. to demanding the freedom to practice oppressive religions... to wanting a global multicultural society, but also expecting everyone to hold the same values... to demanding equal representation because of equal capability, but also demanding extra facilities to equalize capability...

people live so many contradictions.. it's no wonder they're all crazy :|

this is why i think ancient people were actually kinda smarter than modern people.. at least they understood what they believed and were consistent about it.
The Silvertiger and Bama like this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Bama wrote: April 17th, 2020, 11:16 pm Men have nipples because everyone is a female until the Y chromosome kicks in. You were all girl embryos.
women are at war with themselves on a cellular level :lol:

Bama likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

... i reckon society is just hap-hazardly evolved through the success of what works, the same way people are.. and by extension, getting mad at the injustices of society is kinda like getting mad at humans being human.. like not having wings, aging and dying, etc.

there's not really anyone to blame for it not being perfect, society is a work in progress, it gets generally better over time as it continues evolving, but there is no quick fix.. just a natural progression.

social engineering is akin to genetic engineering... it's trying to control something which is insanely complex, and you just dont know what the results will be.

.... i suppose if 'the west' were personified, it would be a mad scientist, experimenting on himself...

Bama likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Bama likes this.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Yes everyone where a banana

6D4E99B3-2415-484D-9404-89AFCAC24536.jpeg
6D4E99B3-2415-484D-9404-89AFCAC24536.jpeg (124.37 KiB) Viewed 4782 times
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

reminds me of this

:lol:
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

... ya know bananas are trippy...

for two reasons... one is because United Fruit are a very evil company, like one of the worst globalist companies on the planet, and they basically rose to power all because of the banana.

the other.. im not sure about, but it's something along the lines of every banana is from the same original plant, it's all propagated through cloning - the same is true for apples, but where there are many types of apple, and the clones are only for that type, ALL bananas are from the same plant.

now i cant remember if it's that something wiped them all out because they were the same, and what we eat now is not the same banana as people 50 years ago. or if it's that the banana we know now *will* be wiped out soon.. it's one or the other. maybe both...

i think it's the second one...
https://www.wired.com/2017/03/humans-ma ... itll-gone/

another interesting one though - you can graft a branch from a different species of apple tree, to an existing apple tree, and that branch will grow different apples to the rest of the tree.
(my dad actually has a tree that grows 4 different types of apple in his allotment)

*edit*
"A new strain of Panama disease has sprung up in the past decade or so and is already affecting Cavendish crops in Asia, Africa and Australia. Because they don't grow from seeds, all bananas are essentially clones. That means there isn't any genetic diversity that could produce resistant crops.3 Dec 2015"

Why does artificial banana not taste like banana?
Artificial banana flavor doesn't taste much like actual bananas. ... The story goes that the difference in flavors came about because the artificial flavor was developed from an old variety of bananas called the Gros Michel. However, the Gros Michel succumbed to a fungus and ceased to be commercially produced.4 Sep 2014

if i remember right, artificial strawberry doesn't taste anything like strawberry either.. it tastes like something else that has become commonly accepted as "strawberry flavour".

apparently it's also made from beaver anus.
"Decades ago, scientists used compounds extracted from a gland in a beaver's tush to help create strawberry and raspberry flavorings or enhance vanilla substitutes. ... It's in cheap sorts of strawberry syrups and vanilla ice cream." In the food flavoring world, the truth can be stranger than fiction.26 Mar 2014"

but the point is that while many artificial flavours do taste like their real counterpart, strawberry flavour does not taste anything like real strawberry, and they know it. apparently it's because they cant replicate the smell.
i just think it's amazing that if you asked someone what strawberry tastes like, they will tell you that, when it's a completely different taste. the only reason it's named strawberry, is because they cant replicate the real strawberry flavour.
(real strawberries contain between 98-350 chemical ingredients, the artificial flavour contains 49 compounds, while many other flavours are just one single compound)
Bama likes this.