Scatman - banned

Off-topic general discussion, for everything else.
Shallan

Re: Scatman - banned

Post by Shallan »

Arden wrote:Anyone else notice...
Mention cocosas and Anthony disappears ....
Yep...

$#^%#$%#^$ David Copperfield lol :D

UABOF - Users against Bullshit on forum.
Llama Vortex

Post by Llama Vortex »

Can someone explain why staff would care about people selling in-game items? Does it have something to do with fear from an EA lawsuit or something? Because other than that I can't think of a reason to give a rats ass about it.

Moreover, a lot of people do this, as proven by Anthony. Either ban everyone or just shut the hell up.

Due process is not one of Demise's strengths.
LEAD and scatman like this.
Ajani

Post by Ajani »

Llama Vortex wrote:Can someone explain why staff would care about people selling in-game items? Does it have something to do with fear from an EA lawsuit or something? Because other than that I can't think of a reason to give a rats ass about it.

Moreover, a lot of people do this, as proven by Anthony. Either ban everyone or just shut the hell up.

Due process is not one of Demise's strengths.
punish everyone who gets caught but discord messages can be faked
skype messages can be faked
how does stadff know that those accounts are real? i mean unless people come out and start saying "I have done these trades ban me or unban him" well congrats no one is willing to put their pixels in danger for another player.
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's.

I find this quite entertaining.
Casting is shit
Anonymous Group and LEAD like this.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Ajani wrote:well congrats no one is willing to put their pixels in danger for another player.
Slaughter put his pixels in danger as he posted the name(s) of people he sold and/or tried to sell to. One of those names admitted to what Slaughter claimed putting his pixels in danger and took his ban.
Slaughter didn't lose anything did he?
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Ajani

Post by Ajani »

Bama wrote:
Ajani wrote:well congrats no one is willing to put their pixels in danger for another player.
Slaughter put his pixels in danger as he posted the name(s) of people he sold and/or tried to sell to. One of those names admitted to what Slaughter claimed putting his pixels in danger and took his ban.
Sluaghter has been banned multiple times
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's.

Casting is shit
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Ajani wrote:
Bama wrote:
Sluaghter has been banned multiple times
He never lost anything
The person who admitted to (but didn't get the item) paying cash for items from Slaughter did not lose anything either
Though they both put their pixels in danger
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
LEAD

Post by LEAD »

To clarify this lil discusion about SGT..... i payd for the item/gold..he didnt give item/gold...i posted on forums that he was a scammer,but i didnt give details untill multiple people asked what happend and then SGT piped up and said "yes lead please tell me how i scammed you" (hedidnt think i had the balls to blast it all) HE WAS WRONG...but the only reason i made the post was because he was tryn to do the same shit to another person if could find one.....i didnt want that to happen...so i made the post on forums..his account got a perm ban and i got all4 of my accounts and forum access banned for 2 weeks....jus to clarify
LEAD

Post by LEAD »

But this entire section has gotte. well out of hand...everyone is throwin shade on eachother and thats dumb...whats gonna end up happening is a buncha bans and then everyone gonna cry that theres no population....hmmm pretty smart if ya ask me
Cruzen likes this.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Ajani wrote: no one is willing to put their pixels in danger for another player.
LEAD wrote:but the only reason i made the post was because he was tryn to do the same shit to another person if could find one.....i didnt want that to happen...so i made the post on forums..his account got a perm ban and i got all4 of my accounts and forum access banned for 2 weeks....jus to clarify
There you have it Ajani,Lead was willing to put his pixels in danger for another player.

I knew it was you Lead I didn’t want to say it.
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Anthony File

Post by Anthony File »

Llama Vortex wrote:Can someone explain why staff would care about people selling in-game items? Does it have something to do with fear from an EA lawsuit or something? Because other than that I can't think of a reason to give a rats ass about it.
The rules need seriously revised, this just being one of them. There isn’t any reason for staff to get involved with this aspect of player to player interactions anymore.

You can quite literally scam freely and even send malicious scripts that drop the recipient’s whole suit and face no repercussions. Try and legitimately make some money or buy your way through the grind and get caught, well there goes your accounts.

Players should be able to own the financial risk of RWT and currently there isn’t any reason that our staff should get involved. When we had a Donation store this rule could be defended as it cut into the financial profits of Demise however, staff have made very clear at this point that the donation store isn’t coming back.

Moreover, not only should they do away with this silly rule but they should also take a look into revising ALL of the rules at this point as they are all outdated and written by staff members who no longer are actively part of the Demise team. I do feel it’s time we also start seeing staff clarification on presented bug reports and changes that the community wants as a whole, constant silence and being left in the dark is not good enough anymore.

Eos and Selene are on these forums almost on a daily basis, they know the concerns we have and they know what changes we’d like to see. There is of course always going to be a lot of garbage to sift through on here, but we as a community share interest in many of these topics and we deserve some sort of staff interaction on pressing matters.
Last edited by Anthony File on January 29th, 2019, 9:31 pm, edited 5 times in total.
scatman and LEAD like this.
Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

LEAD wrote:To clarify this lil discusion about SGT..... i payd for the item/gold..he didnt give item/gold...i posted on forums that he was a scammer,but i didnt give details untill multiple people asked what happend and then SGT piped up and said "yes lead please tell me how i scammed you" (hedidnt think i had the balls to blast it all) HE WAS WRONG...but the only reason i made the post was because he was tryn to do the same shit to another person if could find one.....i didnt want that to happen...so i made the post on forums..his account got a perm ban and i got all4 of my accounts and forum access banned for 2 weeks....jus to clarify
You need to change your name, to "Lead the Benevolent"

Willing to sacrifice, all of your pixels, for one other random player's well being.

That is truly virtuous my friend, I salute you, and will sacrifice 3 school girls tonight in your honour!

May it calm your fury, and make your compassion stronger!
The Silvertiger and Bama like this.
Arden

Post by Arden »

Anthony File wrote:
The rules need seriously revised, this just being one of them. There isn’t any reason for staff to get involved with this aspect of player to player interactions anymore.

You can quite literally scam freely and even send malicious scripts that drop the recipient’s whole suit and face no repercussions. Try and legitimately make some money or buy your way through the grind and get caught, well there goes your accounts.

Players should be able to own the financial risk of RWT as currently there isn’t any reason that our staff should get involved. When we had a Donation store this rule could be defended as it cut into the financial profits of Demise however, staff have made very clear at this point that the donation store isn’t coming back.

Moreover, not only should they do away with this silly rule but they should also take a look into revising ALL of the rules at this point as they are all outdated and written by staff members who no longer are actively part of the Demise team. I do feel it’s time we also start seeing staff clarification on presented bug reports and changes that the community wants as a whole, constant silence and being left in the dark is not good enough anymore.

Eos and Selene are on these forums almost on a daily basis, they know the concerns we have and they know what changes we’d like to see. There is of course always going to be a lot of garbage to sift through on here, but we as a community share interest in many of these topics and we deserve some sort of staff interaction on pressing matters.
Is this your app for staff?? No response to you buying items ???

Hypocrisy at its best! To Anthony the next staff member!

BUT I do agree staff being so silent other than tycho banning people and mb being shady. Nothing else is ever said.
Ajani

Post by Ajani »

so lets say staff did remove the rule and then a player sends someone $300 for a luck garb and the guy says piss off...... someone will want that player banned but that player did not break any rules

Casting is shit
fluffhead321

Post by fluffhead321 »

Isnt this a legal issue? Like, neither we, nor UOG actually owns the rights to any of this stuff, its owned by EA or Broadsword (whoever currently owns UO). Couldn't people selling items for IRL cause legal issues for the individual, and the server, potentially leading to a shut down?
Anthony File

Post by Anthony File »

Ajani wrote:so lets say staff did remove the rule and then a player sends someone $300 for a luck garb and the guy says piss off...... someone will want that player banned but that player did not break any rules
As it stands, scamming is currently allowed within the rules. I could ask to borrow your items and tell you to ‘piss off’ right after you hand them to me. I could also tell you about this new script I made that does EVERYTHING and as soon as you play it, your suit drops to the floor in which I quickly scavenge your items and again tell you to piss off.

Players should be able to own the risk of RWT just the same as they own the risk of being scammed within the game. Nothing ingame forces you to be scammed, just as nothing would force you to RWT with another player.

Chargebacks and people not giving the agreed upon items are are obviously a risk that people will have to be cautious of, nothing forces anyone to buy/sell anything with real currency though. There would be reputable buyers/sellers just as there would be scammers, it shouldn’t be any concern of the Demise Staff though.