Scatman - banned

Off-topic general discussion, for everything else.
Anthony File

Re: Scatman - banned

Post by Anthony File »

fluffhead321 wrote:Isnt this a legal issue? Like, neither we, nor UOG actually owns the rights to any of this stuff, its owned by EA or Broadsword (whoever currently owns UO). Couldn't people selling items for IRL cause legal issues for the individual, and the server, potentially leading to a shut down?
Newsflash, Demises uses code with copyrighted names/content and is played by using third-party clients that can only run while using EA game clients, which are advertised here on how to obtain.

Many people also use modified EA game clients which I’m sure is also against end user ToS to manipulate their client in any way.

Ultimately I’m pretty sure EA could wipe face with all private server communities if they wanted. Some have a way larger population than Demise and still openly generate profits.
fluffhead321

Post by fluffhead321 »

Anthony File wrote:
fluffhead321 wrote:Isnt this a legal issue? Like, neither we, nor UOG actually owns the rights to any of this stuff, its owned by EA or Broadsword (whoever currently owns UO). Couldn't people selling items for IRL cause legal issues for the individual, and the server, potentially leading to a shut down?
Newsflash, Demises uses code with copyrighted names/content and is played by using third-party clients that can only run while using EA game clients, which are advertised here on how to obtain.

Many people also use modified EA game clients which I’m sure is also against end user ToS to manipulate their client in any way.

Ultimately I’m pretty sure EA could wipe face with all private server communities if they wanted. Some have a way larger population than Demise and still openly generate profits.
Isn’t the only reason we don’t have a donation store because there were legal issues regarding it?
Anthony File

Post by Anthony File »

fluffhead321 wrote:Isn’t the only reason we don’t have a donation store because there were legal issues regarding it?
That has never been stated officially and would be news to me and many others.
As I was saying though, there are quite bigger fish to fry than Demise when it comes to legal recourse. Nothing about the Demise project or any of the UO Private Server communities is legal and EA could very well put an end to it all if they were so inclined.

Anways, our Demise staff team should still not get involved when it comes to player RWT transactions.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Anthony File wrote:staff have made very clear at this point that the donation store isn’t coming back.
Oh yeah? Where did they make this clear?
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
fluffhead321

Post by fluffhead321 »

Anthony File wrote:
fluffhead321 wrote:Isn’t the only reason we don’t have a donation store because there were legal issues regarding it?
That has never been stated officially and would be news to me and many others.
As I was saying though, there are quite bigger fish to fry than Demise when it comes to legal recourse. Nothing about the Demise project or any of the UO Private Server communities is legal and EA could very well put an end to it all if they were so inclined.

Anways, our Demise staff team should still not get involved when it comes to player RWT transactions.

Even outside the legal issue, if they allowed people to trade/sell for RL currency, it would encourage more then 4 accounts, resulting in more people using VPNs to run tons of accounts. As a result things like gold farming etc, would sky rocket, and farming spots are finite.

I think it would quickly turn into an imposition on those people actually trying to play the game, vs VPN armies monopolizing farming spots/resources.

allowing this could ruin the server permanently
Ajani, Mister Pink and Selene like this.
The Silvertiger

fluffhead321 wrote: Even outside the legal issue, if they allowed people to trade/sell for RL currency, it would encourage more then 4 accounts, resulting in more people using VPNs to run tons of accounts. As a result things like gold farming etc, would sky rocket, and farming spots are finite.

I think it would quickly turn into an imposition on those people actually trying to play the game, vs VPN armies monopolizing farming spots/resources.

Even though Selene perhaps agrees with you, I submit a counter: Tycho.
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
fluffhead321

Post by fluffhead321 »

The Silvertiger wrote:
fluffhead321 wrote: Even outside the legal issue, if they allowed people to trade/sell for RL currency, it would encourage more then 4 accounts, resulting in more people using VPNs to run tons of accounts. As a result things like gold farming etc, would sky rocket, and farming spots are finite.

Would you mind elaborating, I don’t follow what you mean
Anthony File

Post by Anthony File »

RWT is going to continue to happen regardless of what the rules state, people aren't even discrete about it as you've seen with my earlier posts. They're using their known aliases and being blatantly obvious of their dealings. I don't think it's had a negative impact on the server at all, in fact I believe it's solely been a reason why some people are still playing the game. There is always going to be people who want to make a profit off their time invested, just as there is going to be players who want to buy gold/items rather than invest the time it takes to acquire them.

As for VPN farms, these are already easily traced back to the main accounts and from what I've heard action has been taken against some of these players already. I know for certain that a majority of our players have already been at the mercy of Tycho and the other upcoming GM's in one way or another with all of the complaints that I've been seeing for months now. So long as the GM's continue what they're doing, we won't have issues with VPN/AFK farmers.

Staff no longer have an obvious incentive to enforce the rules against RWT and at this point should just turn a blind eye just as they do when it comes to allowing scamming, let the people play how they want so long as it's not directly effecting the well-being of the server.
Llama Vortex

Post by Llama Vortex »

Ajani wrote:so lets say staff did remove the rule and then a player sends someone $300 for a luck garb and the guy says piss off...... someone will want that player banned but that player did not break any rules
Rule: You a free to sell/buy pixel shit, but do it at your own risk. Life is hard, no bitching allowed.

Well, to be fair it could be written in a more formal way, but the idea is there.
LEAD likes this.
The Silvertiger

fluffhead321 wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote:

Would you mind elaborating, I don’t follow what you mean
Anthony File wrote:As for VPN farms, these are already easily traced back to the main accounts and from what I've heard action has been taken against some of these players already. I know for certain that a majority of our players have already been at the mercy of Tycho and the other upcoming GM's in one way or another with all of the complaints that I've been seeing for months now. So long as the GM's continue what they're doing, we won't have issues with VPN/AFK farmers.
Selling List & Vendor

fluffhead321

Post by fluffhead321 »

Anthony File wrote:
RWT is going to continue to happen regardless of what the rules state, people aren't even discrete about it as you've seen with my earlier posts. They're using their known aliases and being blatantly obvious of their dealings. I don't think it's had a negative impact on the server at all, in fact I believe it's solely been a reason why some people are still playing the game. There is always going to be people who want to make a profit off their time invested, just as there is going to be players who want to buy gold/items rather than invest the time it takes to acquire them.

As for VPN farms, these are already easily traced back to the main accounts and from what I've heard action has been taken against some of these players already. I know for certain that a majority of our players have already been at the mercy of Tycho and the other upcoming GM's in one way or another with all of the complaints that I've been seeing for months now. So long as the GM's continue what they're doing, we won't have issues with VPN/AFK farmers.

Staff no longer have an obvious incentive to enforce the rules against RWT and at this point should just turn a blind eye just as they do when it comes to allowing scamming, let the people play how they want so long as it's not directly effecting the well-being of the server.
I’ll have to say about that is theyre doing it wrong. I can think of at least three people I know with over eight accounts using VPN’s For the better part of a decade without having been caught.

Can you completely stop it from happening? No. But the risk and diss incentivizing it does keep it more under control then it would be. I got my fingers crossed that the GM’s don’t agree with you, and not only maintain bans Put actively seek out people who do it. Pay to win has ended better games than this one
Last edited by fluffhead321 on January 30th, 2019, 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Ajani wrote:Hmm KvG doesnt believe in demises rules i.e. unattended gathering,trading demise items for items not on demise exaples cash,legos,items on different games and servers. yall bitches whine way to dam much
This describe 90% of the server. Req, loop, chn, hz, kvg, msby, that sampire guild everyone is in, etc. I won't name specific names or specific rules each and every person I know about from each of those guilds breaking those rules. kvg just wants a server that isn't complete dogshit. But you've been fed that your entire uo career, so i guess you like that taste.

fix casting.
Anonymous Group

Post by Anonymous Group »

Josh wrote:
fix casting.
go ahead and make it your signature :D
Silvertiger trolls kids like you for breakfast. - anonymous

Money for revenge, man that's hardly an expense

Make the candles balanced
Arden likes this.
Josh