Why are you here ?

Off-topic general discussion, for everything else.
Lomita

Why are you here ?

Post by Lomita »

Which i always wanted to know.
Most of you played on OSI,why did you stop there and why did you choose Demise ?
(Player from Germany)
Vote for Demise: https://www.uogateway.com/shard.php?id=980&act=vote
april0395 and Alvin like this.
The Silvertiger

Re: Why are you here ?

Post by The Silvertiger »

I actually started on free servers. Played OSI like 3 months in 2011 or 12. I came to Demise after the custom server I was playing shut down. Fell in love with the community and haven't left since except for bannings and brief breaks.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Lomita, Galder and Bama like this.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

The Silvertiger wrote: haven't left since except for bannings

.....-..jpg
.....-..jpg (13.29 KiB) Viewed 6411 times
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Duque

Post by Duque »

Because is the best server i have ever played....the unpaid and generous work of gms have given a unique personality to this server geting a vintage condition.....THIS IS DEMISE!!!!!!!
"Los que no aprenden de la historia estan condenados a repetirla"
"Who don't learn from history is condemn to repeat it"

Demise' Discord channel
Duque#6737
Vitek-

Post by Vitek- »

Demise is like arcade style UO it's very fun fast paced PvP.

OSI is terrible now with the bugs, crashing and lag. They also caused a savage imbalance between EC and CC. EC is basically a legal speed hack with it's own scripting feature (still crashes). Everyone uses enhanced razor on OSI with CC to keep up because UOA has so little features and steam hardly works.

Also they made lockable house walls that can't be seen through with circletrans so now you have to run a memory hack called UOBuddy on top of cheat engine and FPS (lag combatants and offsetting EC speeds) to make walls invisible if you want to see. It's so bad.
Discord: Critical#2911
fish, bass
Lomita

Post by Lomita »

I don't think anybody wants to answer anymore,so I'll go.
I quit OSI because of SA and because all my friends left.
And the flood with items on OSI is no longer bearable.
I don't have any friends on Demise *g* but I don't have SA here.
The skill Imbuing broke UO for me.

(hopefully someone will understand my perfect english :D )
(Player from Germany)
Vote for Demise: https://www.uogateway.com/shard.php?id=980&act=vote
Alvin

Post by Alvin »

When the polish server that most of the polish player used to play started falling apart people offered me to farm items on Demise and later trade them for the items on the polish shard with a good profit.

I logged in Demise and was stunned - never seen so many people... the atmosphere of chaos in luna, tons of people moving around (on the polish server we all knew each other)...I trained my chars on Demise... then... went to doom... started farming... and... got my orny in the first month of playing (with my 80 lrc, 1/5 casting suit) ! I (incidentally) met Magnetra, who gave me the most valuable thing i could ask for... me... the inquis thief... and he thinking im just another new player that comes and goes gave me the spawn timer. And... I deicided I am not moving away, I am staying ! In the secound month of playing I was lucky to place a luna house - my brother did... pinging... 500+...

Polish players were disappointed I wont be trading the items with them. It was a great decision: polish server went down couple months later, and my brother started playing full-time on Demise with me.
Last edited by Alvin on February 1st, 2019, 2:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost."
~Gustave Flaubert
Anthony File

Post by Anthony File »

Bored of MMORPGs I was playing at the time (Runescape primarily), I started looking around for free games to play. Eventually I stumbled across Demise, I had seen a bit of Ultima Online played through people around me early in my life when I was a young kid and figured I’d try it out for myself.

Knowing literally nothing about the game, my first few days into grinding were terribly inefficient Zombie/Skeleton killing sprees in New Haven while training my skills. I picked up literally everything and sold to various NPCs so I could save up gold, for what? I didn’t know.. I would eventually spend quite a bit of time researching on UO Guide/Stratics for new content and places to roam.

A real life friend of mine who played Ultima Online years ago saw that I was playing and instantly wanted in on it as well, so we partnered up and started grinding together. He ended up teaching me some things, but his knowledge was vastly outdated and looking back there was also a lot of exaggerated information being fed to me.

After a week or two I had ended up meeting a player (I don’t remember his name) at Honesty and we talked quite a bit and he ended up introducing me and my friend to Indika / L%C. They took us in and ended up teaching us about Sampires, we both ended up making really horrible builds and kept grinding.

I eventually saw how ‘tanky’ Greater Dragons and Cu Sidhes were and thought of all the strong monsters and new content I could access if I had a necromage tamer. Thus I made a new character (Inator Elif) and literally spent 12-16 hours over the course of two days taming creatures by hand.

I then had purchased 2-3 mod LRC armor from JusSmithing’s (made friends with him as well) vendor mall with all of my hard earned gold from Ettins and finished the character. After the character was finished I was shown how to abuse honor to tame creatures and ended up taming and bonding (with a purchased PBD, remember the donation store??) a Greater Dragon.

After farming all sorts of locations with my newly acquired dragon (primarily Miasma), I was finally ready to take on Doom. My first artifact ended up being an Ornament of the Magician. I was stoked and kept grinding for a few more weeks but was eventually forced to a halt when I had real life obligations and couldn’t continue to play.

I didn’t touch UO for around two years after that point. When I finally decided to play again, I got my friend back into it with me and we continued where we left off.

We continued to grind the gauntlet which eventually became a stale grind after a few more weeks, we decided to up the ante and try out Barracoon. Knowing how ‘dangerous’ it was, we would try to sneak them in late in the evenings and we actually started making really good profit. We became overly confident though and started getting raided constantly by every major PvP guild at the time (Hz/KvG/Loop/Qing) and we would melt just like butter. We knew nothing about PvP and the continuous raids went on for weeks, until KvG eventually felt bad and decided to recruit us.

After that point Zulu and Servos spent a lot of one on one time with me teaching me how to PvP. I loved learning UO PvP mechanics and putting them to practice on the field. I was a quick learner and always had my mind set on improving. From there on, most of you know the path I’ve paved on Demise.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

You don't choose demise, it chooses you.
Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

I have been involved with UOGamers since 2007, at various different level.

At first I was a hardcore hybrid player and then decided to come visit Demise every now and then for a change of air.

One day, a guy that scammed me 100+ mil sandals on hybrid asked me to log on Demise, I did so and he gave me a house loaded of artifact. It was in Fel Moonglow close to the fence. I started making a suit with that and selling some high end artifact at dirt cheap price, because honestly at that point, I did not give much of a fuck it was just for shit and giggles.

When a friend from hybrid that Bama will remember who decide to come and join me, I started taking it more seriously, and as things go I saw the stability of Demise at the same time that I could see the downfall of Hybrid, and stuck to it ever since.

Unfortunately, the core of UOGamers has somewhat vanish, and Demise is by far the best that's left from this wonderful legacy.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Made In Quebec wrote:
When a friend from hybrid that Bama will remember
Bama remembers

Did MiQ forget the houses and items Bama gave him and the friend when they came over?
Hmmmmm?
Well?
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Ajani likes this.
Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

Bama wrote:
Made In Quebec wrote:
When a friend from hybrid that Bama will remember
Bama remembers

Did MiQ forget the houses and items Bama gave him and the friend when they came over?
Hmmmmm?
Well?
Absolutely not, but that was a bit later, I did not want to make the story too long so I kept it short.

I kept that as a cherished personal memory that I desired to keep in my secret dreams ;)
Bama likes this.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Anthony File wrote:After that point Zulu and Servos spent a lot of one on one time with me teaching me how to PvP. I loved learning UO PvP mechanics and putting them to practice on the field. I was a quick learner and always had my mind set on improving. From there on, most of you know the path I’ve paved on Demise.
Nice loyalty
Anthony File likes this.
april0395

Post by april0395 »

I played OSI from around 1999-2003. Being a kid (I wasn't even a teenager yet) I played the game ignorantly, but I still put a lot of time in. My very first time playing OSI, I was running around, somehow ended up in T2A, and tried to say hello to a savage. He killed me and I was quite upset. I cried. :lol:

I eventually moved to free servers, mostly very custom places in order to try new things. I moved around a lot. I made a UOGamers forum account in 2006, but I didn't start playing Hybrid until 2011. I played a couple months there, but someone convinced me to try Demise. I was pretty happy with the Demise community, set up my potion shop in 2012 and Demise is now my home.

For shits and giggles, I decided to log onto my OSI account when they had the FTP. Looking at my characters, it was such an embarrassment. They had basic equipment with no mods whatsoever, and my template on one particular character was tamer/fencer/mage/scribe. :lol:
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's and not mine, and I will not judge them.
Ajani, Lomita, Duque and 2 others like this.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

april0395 wrote:I played OSI from around 1999-2003.

For shits and giggles, I decided to log onto my OSI account when they had the FTP. Looking at my characters, it was such an embarrassment. They had basic equipment with no mods whatsoever,
We all had basic armor until Age of Shadows launched (2003)
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈