Stay safe - stay home!

Off-topic general discussion, for everything else.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Re: Stay safe - stay home!

Post by Bama »

Day 20

I’m wondering how me and Emma have both lost weight and yet hubby has gained 8 pounds.
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Bug

Post by Bug »

I have been on the road for over two weeks now living out of my semi truck.

About ten days ago I got to feeling really bad. Face was flushed, coughing a few times, bit of a fever even, and I was about five hundred miles from home. I just stopped driving in the middle of the day and went to sleep.

Figured ah crap I finally got caught the virus. We truckers are not all that hygienic so it was no surprise. Felt so crappy I did not even bother logging onto demise.

I was out for nearly ten hours. When I wake up and eat a can of spaghetti and meatballs, it feels like the illness had never even happened. Back to completely normal.

Boss called up a bit later that day asking why the hell I was just sitting around and not driving. Did not want to tell him about being sick and all but I did tell my wife and now she would rather I stay out until the official All Clear is sounded from the feds.

It might actually be the right thing. That girl of mine is fragile and I know that if she got it it would be a lot harder on her. It has been years since I have ever gotten sick but this thing slammed me hard for a good 12 hours at least. I have heard a lot about the frightening hospital bills people get for treatment of this thing and I know she would shoot it way up there and cost us the house itself.

Not sure if it was The Virus or not, maybe if I can get tested someday I will finally get to go home. Just in case I am contagious somehow still I have been wearing a mask to keep the few folks I interact with safe, though they probably have it already anyways.

So now I am stuck on the road and wondering if the cats at the house will even remember me when I do return someday.
kentares and Calvin like this.
Gargl Kark

Post by Gargl Kark »

Bug wrote: March 31st, 2020, 2:53 am about the virus
mate - stay strong!
a friend just outlived the virus, she had this to say about it:
* dry cough, slow growing fever. chances are it's not the virus if this is not the case, or if you start with high fever. unfortunately there is no guarantee that these symptoms are always there.
* her doctor treated her with anitbiotics (to stop other sicknesses developing) and cortison.
* if resting, don't lay down. the thing is to keep your lungs open and avoid pneumonia. so you don't want to have too much of this f$cker run down there.
* hot drinks help somewhat
* approx day 10 after infection was peak day.

try to get tested somewhere though. maybe you live in isolation for nothing.
Whammy | Timezone: GMT+2

2020-09-17: SALE | Jewels List
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Bug wrote: March 31st, 2020, 2:53 am I was out for nearly ten hours. When I wake up and eat a can of spaghetti and meatballs, it feels like the illness had never even happened. Back to completely normal.
bro you probably ate a bad burrito, it's not like all other illnesses have called a ceasefire while corona's about.

or maybe spaghetti and meatballs are the cure
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

kentares

Post by kentares »

Bama wrote: March 26th, 2020, 4:09 pm Day 16
Husband just found 300 episodes of The Red Green Show to watch.............

....... this might not end well
How did I ever forget about this wonderful series!! :o :shock:
An Elemental and Bama like this.
kentares

Post by kentares »

Bama wrote: March 30th, 2020, 9:55 pm Day 20

I’m wondering how me and Emma have both lost weight and yet hubby has gained 8 pounds.
Probably: https://www.healthline.com/health/stres ... ss-happens (for the ladies of the house) (pooping a lot)

Probably: https://www.healthline.com/health/stres ... eight-gain (for the gentlemen of the house) (eating a lot)

I know I am eating a lot; these Pop-Tarts won't eat themselves. Carmen on the other hand is constantly doing the other thing. :?
Bama likes this.
Bug

Post by Bug »

Calvin wrote: March 31st, 2020, 12:53 pm
Bug wrote: March 31st, 2020, 2:53 am I was out for nearly ten hours. When I wake up and eat a can of spaghetti and meatballs, it feels like the illness had never even happened. Back to completely normal.
bro you probably ate a bad burrito, it's not like all other illnesses have called a ceasefire while corona's about.

or maybe spaghetti and meatballs are the cure
Could likely be, that's what makes it even worse knowing that but having to stay away.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

have they not got testing things?

the problem is the places they are testing and stuff are the most likely places for you to catch it..

--

i've been eating a lot actually... dont feel that stressed tho..

Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

kentares wrote: March 31st, 2020, 1:59 pm
Bama wrote: March 30th, 2020, 9:55 pm Day 20

Probably: https://www.healthline.com/health/stres ... ss-happens (for the ladies of the house) (pooping a lot)

Probably: https://www.healthline.com/health/stres ... eight-gain (for the gentlemen of the house) (eating a lot)

I know I am eating a lot; these Pop-Tarts won't eat themselves. Carmen on the other hand is constantly doing the other thing. :?
Hmmm

I was thinking that Anthony’s weight gain had something to do with the fact that he started taking the dogs outside about 8 times a day. He along with the 3 dogs come back into the house smelling like 1 of the 4 of them was smoking dope. I’m betting it is not any of the dogs.

I gave the new dog the name Remmy. Anthony is helping me help the dog learn it’s new name.

When I call out the name Remmy a few things happen.

1) Rexx comes running to me. Rexx will run to me when he hears me call out any name. Rexx is not that bright but he is mine

2) Reno will lift his head turn It towards me give the look of “ good she wasn’t calling me “ and put his head back down.

3) Anthony will nudge Remmy and say “ hey you, go”

4) Remmy answers to the name Hey You
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
kentares likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

hey you.... hei yu? chinese dog!

:beathorse:

Bama likes this.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

My friends had a dog named you.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Gargl Kark likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Corona-chan has made it to Madagascar.

Ominous...
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Bama
Bug Hunter