Stay safe - stay home!

Off-topic general discussion, for everything else.
Facko

Re: Stay safe - stay home!

Post by Facko »

It's just the digital equivalent of book burning
ultio mea est
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i guess we will see where it goes.. probably not exactly to either of those things.

but to something similar :/

or maybe that's actually this that we have now... maybe there's something on the other side of it ;)
it does feel like although we're going back to military industrial overlords.. people's view of it has somewhat changed.
Facko

Post by Facko »

Based on what I'm seeing it reminds me of the nazi regime and their media campaign against the Jewish people. I never thought I'd see free speech under such assault in America so I'm hoping I'm just being an alarmist but all the red flags are going off...
ultio mea est
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i think maybe even the people that supported biden in an anti-trump capacity have kinda looked at it and gone "holy shit, we did actually rig an election" and now they are seeing what they have enabled.. i think that's kinda what the time magazine article is, like actually a confession of it.

it's pretty obvious to anyone paying attention to the stories as they come out and develop, how things have actually been, and what trump was actually representing.. stuff like non-interference in other countries, america first and looking ro fix things internally, stopping outsourcing and rampant consumerism that just leeches wealth from the nation.. basically letting the country rest and heal instead of continuing to change in the favour of corporations.

i honestly think they just made trump such a dislikable character, that people were convinced he was in it for himself, the people that were convinced i mean. even if they weren't the majority, they wanted to get rid of trump by any means.. and i think it's enabled a lot of dangerous stuff to be consented to.

i dunno tho, at the same time a lot of issues have been raised and gotten attention... so maybe they wont be completely ignored and censored out

it's kinda funny that it's an alliance of business titans and activists.. cos like, have you ever heard of a more 'master and minions' thing...

... people that beleive in freedom make rubbish minions.
Facko

Post by Facko »

5th generational warfare is fucked. Looking for an excuse to travel. Pretty much have the job skills to go wherever... but the disinformation is hard to pin down. In the dead center of the country it isn't so bad but it'll come to my door eventually.

Should I stay or should I go now?
If I go, there will be trouble
And if I stay it will be double
So come on and let me know...
Should I stay or should I go?

Whiskey ftw!

You can take that time article a few ways today in this disinformation age... I won't post my drunken rantings here tho...

Ok... maybe I will! I'm bored! I personally took it like a serial killer returning to the scene of a crime or the confession of a sociopath. They need you to know what they did.

Another take is that it's propaganda on its face. They want another reaction like the capitol riot and that's a pretty good way to provoke it.

I can't come up with a positive take on it. Anyone who reads it should be pissed just at the complete loss of journalistic integrity across the board.
ultio mea est
Facko

Post by Facko »

Looking forward to visiting the Google arcology one day!

https://apnews.com/article/legislature- ... 02e8a0e5f0
ultio mea est
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Disney already kinda have that.. and the Vatican...

its less far fetched than you think :/
Facko

Post by Facko »

Calvin wrote: February 15th, 2021, 12:53 pm Disney already kinda have that.. and the Vatican...

its less far fetched than you think :/
Dunno about the Vatican but is Disney allowed to provide government services, form courts and school districts?
ultio mea est
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

honestly.. i cant believe how much shit hasn't changed..

thought the same when i was watching this

same issues, same arguments :S
Facko

Post by Facko »

Maybe I'm just not as used to freedom hating assholes and my naivete is just showing. Wtf country are you in?

Snow has me shut in and drunk asf...
ultio mea est
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

im English. i just know a lot of history, and think it's pretty mental the way stuff is often the same but different.
history does repeat itself..

Facko

Post by Facko »

Calvin wrote: February 16th, 2021, 2:29 am im English. i just know a lot of history, and think it's pretty mental the way stuff is often the same but different. history does repeat itself..
When even the old have been brainwashed and should know better though... what do you do? Buy a gun?
ultio mea est
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Facko

Post by Facko »

I'm not that drunk yet... yet!
ultio mea est