Stay safe - stay home!

Off-topic general discussion, for everything else.
Facko

Re: Stay safe - stay home!

Post by Facko »

The Silvertiger wrote: May 3rd, 2020, 9:10 am
Facko wrote: May 3rd, 2020, 3:08 am Lol, what part of I'm lazy didn't you get? :)

Thought about imgur or something but I don't wanna sign up for more stuff...
That's why I used discord... because I was too lazy to use Dropbox or any of these other sites. It's so easy a silver tiger can do it...
That's an install I can do without right now :)
ultio mea est
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Again I get my information right from the person who said it
Excorsion wrote: March 27th, 2020, 2:38 pm
as to why i pointed out CNN and the times... they are real big on spreading panic with misinformation. you can't really take anything that is said on those networks as the facts.

News: Do you believe corona was man-made?

Pompeo: yes it was

News: but your office says it wasn’t

Pompeo: They're correct. I have no reason to disagree with that

I Love this White House and the Administration
Come on Trump 2020
Keep the jokes coming
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
kentares

Post by kentares »

Lockdown Productivity: Spaceship You
Bama likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

kentares wrote: May 5th, 2020, 2:43 am
Lockdown Productivity: Spaceship You
you're doing it wrong.

i've been enjoying it tbh.. like aside from the people dying and the financial stuff.. it's kinda nice to have people spending more time at home.
i think a lot of interesting stuff has happened because of it, like changes in lifestyle. changes in people's mentalities.

i pretty much did this already anyway cos i've pretty much been an internet hermit since i was a teenager anyway, so doesn't bother me at all. but i think it's interesting seeing how it's effecting other people.

im normal now haha :lol:
or rather to me, everyone else is becoming normal.

like they are complaining businesses are suffering and stuff.. but what, cos people aren't getting as many take aways, or spending $100's on meals or visits to the cinema?
cook some proper food, it's not that expensive. sort income inequality out so stuff doesn't cost $100s... enjoy your home and your family. appreciate the value of having one.

honestly.. it seems to me like people are just addicted to consumerism, and this whole thing is withdrawal.
too many fake people with fake lives...
Gargl Kark

Post by Gargl Kark »

Calvin wrote: May 5th, 2020, 3:25 am a lot of true things but some oversimplified stuff too
I agree with most things, the only point you may want to give a second thought is the thing about the industry going down.
No people working means shortage of supplies in every regard, hence everything (and I really mean it) gets a shortage. Some businesses will not recover, with people losing their jobs and their livelihoods.
So it's important to open up again, and at the same time it's very challenging to find the right balance between the risk of people dying from Covid-19 and the risk of people dying from a bad economy.
On an important footnote, the whole thing could have been avoided if all the world had drawn their lessons from MERS and SARS some years ago. It was all there, plain and clear. But in reality people were like "oh, the far east, this can never happen here, because [put some shitty excuse here]".

Also, the other day for some reason I imagined Calvin's voice to sound like Venom (no, not the band - the movie :D ).
Whammy | Timezone: GMT+2

2020-09-17: SALE | Jewels List
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i sound like this:
https://streamable.com/omfu1a
how adorable is my lil half sister ^.^
or was anyway... teenager now...

and i know what you're saying Gargl, but they shoulda modernized the infrastructure to require less workers a long time ago.. mechanized stuff. the economic side they need to sort out to fit that as well, but they've needed to change that for the last 100 years.
Gargl Kark likes this.
Gargl Kark

Post by Gargl Kark »

Calvin wrote: May 5th, 2020, 3:11 pm i sound like this:
https://streamable.com/omfu1a
how adorable is my lil half sister ^.^
or was anyway... teenager now...

and i know what you're saying Gargl, but they shoulda modernized the infrastructure to require less workers a long time ago.. mechanized stuff. the economic side they need to sort out to fit that as well, but they've needed to change that for the last 100 years.
In germany we don't say "automatisation", we call it "bedingungsloses grundeinkommen", and i think it's beautfiull and equally useless.

:)
Whammy | Timezone: GMT+2

2020-09-17: SALE | Jewels List
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i think commuting is messed up anyway, that needs to stop... especially with privatized trains
Gargl Kark likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

hmm

https://youtu.be/I-PNVczw4II

im not big fan of this guy, but he does have some good sources sent to him
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

1:55
*is from Barrow-in-Furness*
they too relaxed... not taking it seriously >.<
it's like The Shire but working class... urg..
they have a fkin good hospital, but that's probably why, people being taken there from other places

a lot of old people...
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

kentares likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

*on phone to mum*

"where's my.. you wont have any idea where my phone is will you?"
"no mum im not there am i... .... hang on i just phoned you on it, is it in your hand?"
"oh yes!"

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

was in the kitchen before talking to one of the other people in the house; he was saying how Aldi has no ques and is fully stocked, i was saying how most supermarkets are, the shortages didn't really happen. except bizarrely for cucumbers, everywhere is sold out of cucumbers... took a moment to realize why. ;)
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Again I get my information right from the person who said it
Excorsion wrote: March 27th, 2020, 2:38 pm
as to why i pointed out CNN and the times... they are real big on spreading panic with misinformation. you can't really take anything that is said on those networks as the facts.

Trump on coronavirus: "If we stop testing right now, we'd have very few cases, if any"

I’m guessing that response was to back what the Gov. of Florida said about the sudden rise in COVID-19 cases when he said........

“ The cases are up because we are doing more testing “

I Love this White House and the Administration and his buddies
Come on Trump 2020
Keep the jokes coming
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
An Elemental likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

ya know in my day carrying protection was a condom; not mask, gloves, and tazer.