what do you think? (politicy stuff.. kinda)

Off-topic general discussion, for everything else.
Facko

Re: what do you think? (politicy stuff.. kinda)

Post by Facko »

Parler is a great example of exactly what I was talking about. That's why anti-trust laws are a thing. Internet providers are held to common carrier laws and not infringing on free speech or political ideals needs to be the standard for any company that does business with the us. Period. Dot dot dot...

ultio mea est
Calvin likes this.
Facko

Post by Facko »

ultio mea est
Calvin likes this.
Facko

Post by Facko »

Facko wrote: May 8th, 2021, 12:07 am
A lot of good stuff but 22 minutes or so in is about where a lot of Americans are. Violent and crazy? Maybe... but we are paying attention. Never thought that in my lifetime we would need to refresh the tree of liberty with the blood of tyrants but here we are... took one reality gameshow host to wake everyone up.
ultio mea est
Facko

Post by Facko »

Even the way things stand now with our nuetered enemies starting to push back... invading the states now would be a bloody war of attrition even in blue areas. There are a lot of legal guns and even more illegal guns (gun control laws only proliferate crime in a free society).
ultio mea est
Facko

Post by Facko »

Blue state refugees need to learn to drive on my interstate too. Huge influx of people with bad driving habits from NY, MI, WI, California, etc that need to be run off the road. Leave your bad habits back in the third world. You're among civilized folk now... bitches!
ultio mea est
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

makes me wonder about american history that video tbh.. like people go on about the nixon years and the reagan years - dont really know what that means.

*literally 3 mins later*
"A final thought: I think Johnson is the first Tory leader really to copy the GOP's style of Reaganesque optimism."

weird when things line up like that...
Facko likes this.
Facko

Post by Facko »

Calvin wrote: May 9th, 2021, 8:17 am makes me wonder about american history that video tbh.. like people go on about the nixon years and the reagan years - dont really know what that means.

*literally 3 mins later*
"A final thought: I think Johnson is the first Tory leader really to copy the GOP's style of Reaganesque optimism."

weird when things line up like that...
Your phone/tv/whatever else has cameras or mics are cia tools designed to spy on you!

Lol

Trump was just Reagan with a shitty mouth and a narcissistic streak a mile long. But I'd take it back in a heartbeat. My wallet is getting lighter under the new administration...
ultio mea est
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

he kinda was a modern Reagan looking at the little i do know... but the sad part it that modern = the same, minus the class
Facko likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

hmmm

but tbh, may was a far cry from thatcher

lol trump is jersey shore reagan

ya know.. on the one hand it's kinda bad that a lot of my political opinions and stuff are grounded in south park - a crass cartoon... but on the other hand, Trey Parker is a hands down, a once in a generation, genuine genius. South Park is actually one of the most intelligent shows ever made.

"Stańczyk
Main article: Stańczyk

Stańczyk, the male figure depicted in the painting, was the court jester when Poland was at the height of its political, economic and cultural power during the era of the Renaissance in Poland, during the reign of King Sigismund I the Old (reigned 1506–1548).[1][2] He was a popular figure; besides his fame as a jester he has been described as an eloquent, witty, and intelligent man, using satire to comment on the nation's past, present, and future.[1][2] Unlike jesters of other European courts, Stańczyk has always been considered as much more than a mere entertainer.[3] Stańczyk's fame and legend were strong in his own time and enjoyed a resurgence in the 19th century, and he remains well known to this day.[4]

Scarcity of sources gave rise to four distinct hypotheses about Stańczyk in the 19th century: that he was entirely invented by Jan Kochanowski and his colleagues, that he was "perhaps a typical jester dressed by his contemporaries in an Aesopian attire, perhaps a Shakespearean vision of 19th-century writers, or perhaps indeed a grey eminence of the societatis ioculatorum".[5] In any measure, consensus among modern scholars is that such a person indeed existed and even if he did not, the figure had a tremendous importance to Polish culture of later centuries, appearing in works of many artists of the 19th and 20th centuries.[5][2] He appears in a work of, among others, Julian Ursyn Niemcewicz (in Jan z Tęczna. Powieść historyczna, 1825)[6] and several works by Józef Ignacy Kraszewski (1839, 1841).[7] "
Facko

Post by Facko »

Tldr; fucking clown shoes!! Or maybe stand up philosopher.

Just as every cop is a criminal
And all the sinners saints
As heads is tails
Just call me Lucifer
'Cause I'm in need of some restraint!

Watched Beavis and Butt-Head a lot as a kid. Between the temporary return and rewatching old episodes, it's a lot smarter than most people realize. South park was a better version of that at one point. Feels like south park lost the plot along the way and started to get one sided... here lately.
ultio mea est
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Facko wrote: May 11th, 2021, 11:32 pm Tldr; fucking clown shoes!! Or maybe stand up philosopher.
or should be and ;)
not as different as you think :P
Facko

Post by Facko »

Just thinking... South park was a boon and a bane. Satire and ridiculousness can backfire in a big way. That's why Dave Chappell ran. Beavis and Butt-Head might have been more crude but it feels like a better creation for it's time. Mostly because it created the culture pushback generation x needed instead of reading to it. You could argue that's the reason for the violence now, but free speech and thought are a bitch...
ultio mea est
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

poetry, beamed covertly into your brain.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

today we are drinking wine. :lol:

Facko

Post by Facko »

Calvin wrote: May 12th, 2021, 1:03 am

poetry, beamed covertly into your brain.
Irony too. Just glad it's not enough to be crushed under like poor Patches O'Halloran. The latter one raged against the machine that wanted to let them say whatever the fuck they wanted. Lol
ultio mea est