what do you think? (politicy stuff.. kinda)

Off-topic general discussion, for everything else.
Calvin

Re: what do you think? (politicy stuff.. kinda)

Post by Calvin »

oooh noes

(*grumble* mallrats > clerks... clerks is good but more artsy than entertainment. it kinda annoys me that KS prefers Clerks)

(it's like strike back is what he thinks mallrats is... Strike Back is meh, it's not J&SB that make mallrats good.. they are just part of the mix)

hmm....
Mallrats
Director:Kevin Smith
Produced by:Sean Daniel, James Jacks, Scott Mosier
Writer(s):Kevin Smith

James Jacks (I) (1947–2014)
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0413208/
Village of the Damned (co-executive producer)

Village of the Damned (1995)
Director: John Carpenter

:3
i love the internet.
Facko likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

oh wow, superman is in it

aww.. this just makes me sad lol
look at him..all.. walking around and stuff..
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

"Cal Hackit
2 weeks ago
but those ones are white and the others aren't, doesn't that mean the poor ones are way more privileged than the syrian ones?

Sailor of the Internet
5 hours ago
wtf? no

Cal Hackit
4 minutes ago (edited)
@Sailor of the Internet you need to do more critical race theory. everyone knows the only thing that actually matters is a persons race. All white people are privileged oppressors, and all non-white people are oppressed victims.

it's no big deal that you dont understand racism, cos we are teaching it in schools now, and your kids will.

dont try to argue about it, or we'll riot and burn your house down. "

lets see if i can get him to defend the right opinion ;P
the riot bit might be a bit too obvious :lol:

oooh i'll change it to protest! hahah
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Sailor of the Internet
7 minutes ago (edited)
@Cal Hackit "you need to do more critical race theory" no, I think I'll graciously decline that offer. Are you being sarcastic because at this point its hard to tell

Cal Hackit
1 second ago
@Sailor of the Internet maybe ;)

lol damn he beat me to it :P
Facko likes this.
Facko

Post by Facko »

Calvin wrote: June 12th, 2021, 2:33 pm Sailor of the Internet
7 minutes ago (edited)
@Cal Hackit "you need to do more critical race theory" no, I think I'll graciously decline that offer. Are you being sarcastic because at this point its hard to tell

Cal Hackit
1 second ago
@Sailor of the Internet maybe ;)

lol damn he beat me to it :P
Even with the extreme riot joke he still had to ask.

ultio mea est
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

you'd be amazed how many people cant recognise sarcasm... in fact not being able to recognise it, is actually an early symptom of brain disease :S

i'll try to remember to call the riots, protests next time lol, see if we can get a bit further ;P

see this is the thing.. violence should never be allowed in politics, it defeats the purpose. the state is supposed to have a monopoly on violence.. america has problems with this because it is founded on the population overthrowing that monopoly.. then the modern world also has problems with it, because the public square is now online, and while violence and intimidation dont work, actually just killing people and removing them completely, does work - mao kinda proved that. they cant argue back, or point out the hypocracy of your violence, when they are dead. cancel culture is pretty much the same as just shooting people.

this is where all the double think from 1984 comes in as well.. freedom is slavery, war is peace, ignorance is strength.

have you heard the phrase "silence is violence?"

apparnetly now not being violent, is violence.. and attacking people/burning down buildings is.. what? justice?

apparently the media decides now.

if "no justice, no peace" - then justice = peace?
so if justice = violence, then violence = peace, and silence = violence lol
ingsoc.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

just looking for a nice V clip to put against the insoc stuff :P

found this instead..

Calvin wrote: June 7th, 2021, 6:48 am
this is my problem with these people tbh, you cant fix them without first breaking them. who the fk wants to go around breaking people? that's not cool.
see what i mean? not cool bro... effective.. but not cool.

good film that.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

that's the one :)

im not worried really :P

i suppose the problem is changing the meaning of the words tho, and framing the narratives, it would be fair to say the january 6th thing was kind of an attempt at this.

thing is i saw this coming like 10 years ago, so i've been talking about it for a looong time.. perhaps not as completely, but still. things now are a lot better than they were then, in terms of now being what happens in the next 10 years.

like, a lot of stuff that was not in the public sphere, now totally is, and that is awesome.
Facko

Post by Facko »

Calvin wrote: June 11th, 2021, 8:31 pm lmao i dont know what's going on here but it looks like fun :D

+
rofl @ how much he's playing with his hair. this is why ponytail. :D
Not a regular Rogan fan but I'll just say... if it'd been me in Cena's place being forced to apologize... I'd act like I'd be going along then flip the whole thing. Fuck it. Flapping dickey and buck teeth with a racist accent.

Start off with me Chinese! Me play joke! Me put peepee in your coke! Me so sowwy! Me help you crush Taiwan! They owe me tikky for rondree! Then drop all that shit and walk off middle finger raised. Behind me there'd be a lil picture of whinnie the pooh you can see once I'm off camera.
ultio mea est
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

lol dude.. chinese communist party is bad and most of the country is indoctrinated... but that's not exactly constructive criticism.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i know he's japanese and not chinese, but this is a weird one - have you ever heard mr.miyagi's real voice?

well, of japanese descent i should probably say, he's clearly american.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

oh what a massive surprise. -_-
(not)

seriously, the number of conservative MPs that were backstabbing their own party when they were trying to do brexit, was insane.
Facko

Post by Facko »

It'll be childish but I want to see it. The violence is normal now so things feel slow. Didn't take long. Thank God I'm surrounded by free alcohol.
ultio mea est