what do you think? (politicy stuff.. kinda)

Off-topic general discussion, for everything else.
Facko

Re: what do you think? (politicy stuff.. kinda)

Post by Facko »

Calvin wrote: June 22nd, 2023, 5:22 am ya know the new ai's, like chatgpt - they aren't actually ai, they're not general intelligence.. but, they are like a very advanced version of a script bot on uo.. like one that can interpret language and write script basically

it's actually kinda scary.. i mean we know how effective bots are, never resting, never stopping, industrializing repetitive task, etc.. that's what is loose on the internet basically.. and this is like a bot that makes bots.
I was telling someone I work with something similar. Said it was just a predictive algorithm with a huge database and internet access.
ultio mea est
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

its a lot less scary to think what it will do on it's own... but it's actually kinda more scary, when you consider what it will allow normal people to do at scale..
Facko

Post by Facko »

https://twitter.com/lindayacc/status/16 ... 1101479936

Scroll down just a bit. Twitter has not changed since Elon bought it. It might actually be worse.

At least I have an avenue to do something about it through the legal system since I'm in Oklahoma. Social media laws here say you can sue if they force you to delete political opinions.

Edit: maybe you won't see it... I can already tell some replies have been hidden or deleted.
ultio mea est
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i dunno man, it seems better to me... at least a bit more reasonable, but i dont think i've stepped on the wrong toes yet, so i guess we'll see..
Facko

Post by Facko »

Calvin wrote: July 28th, 2023, 12:46 am i dunno man, it seems better to me... at least a bit more reasonable, but i dont think i've stepped on the wrong toes yet, so i guess we'll see..
https://youtu.be/Pv6dMYta3XM

There's a thread in the comments with a lot of other folks having the exact same issue. Just like there was in that twitter thread... gone on twitter tho...

Don't think it's really about stepping on toes. They've been censoring much worse than old twitter or Facebook ever has.

Might not bother me so much if a lot of people weren't taking a guy buying a 44 billion message board as a win for free speech even after getting in bed with the wef
ultio mea est
Facko

Post by Facko »

Lawful but awful.... freedom of speech not reach!

From Elon Musks biggest shill!
ultio mea est