what do you think? (politicy stuff.. kinda)

Off-topic general discussion, for everything else.
Calvin

Re: what do you think? (politicy stuff.. kinda)

Post by Calvin »

right they keep bringing this bus up:

does that say they're going to spend the whole 350 million on the NHS to you?

they keep bringing it up as an example of how the leave campaign lied. fake news.

to me it's just an exmaple slogan, could be anything:
> lets build more schools instead
> lets fix the roads instead
> lets hire more police instead
> etc

but they use it as a gotcha: "so where's this 350m for the NHS? YOU LIED!" :roll:
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

lol wtf is goin on with Tim these days..

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

lmao

... she is a tubby princess tho :lol:
Facko likes this.
Facko

Post by Facko »

Calvin wrote: June 8th, 2021, 12:41 am lol wtf is goin on with Tim these days..

I think Tim is going nuts walking the youtube line. He really wants to stay monetized.
ultio mea est
Calvin likes this.
Facko

Post by Facko »

Calvin wrote: June 8th, 2021, 12:32 am right they keep bringing this bus up:

they keep bringing it up as an example of how the leave campaign lied. fake news.

> etc

but they use it as a gotcha: "so where's this 350m for the NHS? YOU LIED!" :roll:
Someone's paycheck took a 350m hit. They aren't happy. Lol
ultio mea est
Calvin likes this.
Facko

Post by Facko »

Now when will the rest of the world wise up and ban twitter?
ultio mea est
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Facko wrote: June 8th, 2021, 10:53 am
Calvin wrote: June 8th, 2021, 12:32 am right they keep bringing this bus up:

> etc

Someone's paycheck took a 350m hit. They aren't happy. Lol
well it's not 1 person, it's all of them. the EU place in Brussels is an ivory tower. we're not paying for twats to live in an ivory tower lording it over us. i mean, we're british, we did that for years lol
Facko likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Facko wrote: June 8th, 2021, 10:56 am

this is actually a legit point, Twitter is not too big to fail, it's not a necessary service; it is just a sewer. it is blocking politicians, and i dont think there would be any significant outcry from anyone except the journalists, if the politicians blocked twitter in return.

questions is, does the government in these western nations, actually have as much internal power as the nigerian gov?
i would not be suprised if the answer is no. they've been siphoning off power from the democratic gov for decades.

glad to see you're enjoying the quartering vids tho :)
it's just a lot less militant lol. same points, but a lot more relaxed. he's good friends with tim actually. it's just nice that he keeps it fun and doesn't get too serious.

i honestly think Ted Cruz is onto a winner tho, going after big tech. i reckon that'll be the next important issue, and he's setting himself up for a republican nomination. media will be sniping at him all the time tho, so we'll see if he makes it ;P probably some scandal to be uncovered, and if not they'll try to invent one. will have to see if it sticks or not.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

oooh...

+
ahh kk.. i get it. he's jealous lol
he's too famous to pull these stunts anymore.
he now has too much to lose, to be 'brave'.

++
i think tim's having a bit of a mid-life crisis sorta thing tbh. cos he's gone from a 'nothing to lose', action journo type, to a sit in a mansion and read other peoples stories type.

he's not angry at andy, he's angry at himself, cos he's changed.

this is one of those things where people act like they're trying to convince you, but they're actually trying to convince themselves.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

holy shit, a paragon mum has entered the battle:

Facko likes this.
Facko

Post by Facko »

Calvin wrote: June 8th, 2021, 1:06 pm
Facko wrote: June 8th, 2021, 10:56 am

this is actually a legit point, Twitter is not too big to fail, it's not a necessary service; it is just a sewer. it is blocking politicians, and i dont think there would be any significant outcry from anyone except the journalists, if the politicians blocked twitter in return.

questions is, does the government in these western nations, actually have as much internal power as the nigerian gov?
i would not be suprised if the answer is no. they've been siphoning off power from the democratic gov for decades.

glad to see you're enjoying the quartering vids tho :)
it's just a lot less militant lol. same points, but a lot more relaxed. he's good friends with tim actually. it's just nice that he keeps it fun and doesn't get too serious.

i honestly think Ted Cruz is onto a winner tho, going after big tech. i reckon that'll be the next important issue, and he's setting himself up for a republican nomination. media will be sniping at him all the time tho, so we'll see if he makes it ;P probably some scandal to be uncovered, and if not they'll try to invent one. will have to see if it sticks or not.
I watch the quartering like I watch tim pool. Hear most of what they have to say then I'm out. Usually with the quartering I skip ahead 2-3 minutes lol. Tim starts repeating himself about halfway thru.

Crowder isn't militant imo. Just another shock jock. But his viewpoints put him under a lot of scrutiny and he has to do research just to tell his jokes. Lol.

You should have seen the, now removed I think, Vegas voter live streams. Voter rolls got changed the day after the first steam. Great piece of actual investigative journalism tbh.

Edit: I was wrong

This one he just went thru the voter rolls to find fake addresses. Looked em all up on Google earth. Lawyer tells him he has to go there physically with today's paper and take a photo. Only does 20 or so addresses out of thousands he says.

This was the follow up where he talks to the election official about the changed voter rolls.

Last edited by Facko on June 8th, 2021, 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ultio mea est
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

yeah i only watch about a min or 2 of tims videos now cos he just goes into ranting after that
Quartering tho... i like him, i dont watch it loads cos its all a bit trivial at times, and it goes on and on endlessly, but when i want a take on something, or to check out if anything new is going on - he really is a good source. good variety as well. the guy is a workaholic, he posts like 3 or 4 times a day.

crowder.. i just cant stand jocks tbh

they just think everything is funny, and are kinda smug.. i just, dont like em lol, im allowed a personal opinion as well lol

im not saying he's a bad person or anything, not at all. i just... it's like white noise to me. constantly annoying.

like.. they're always with mates, and it's always like a one upping eachother thing. it does my head in.

always taking the piss out of people as well, to make themselves look better, i hate that. then like looking to mates for approval.. argh... just... no thx.

i find them immature. that's the best way to put it.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i'll.. watch it..
Facko likes this.
Facko

Post by Facko »

Lol I meant shock jock in the same way Howard Stern was considered a shock jock.
ultio mea est