UOSteam Error

Off-topic general discussion, for everything else.
kentares

Re: UOSteam Error

Post by kentares »

Good evening hibbigibbi,

That may the problem too.

Uninstall anything NVIDIA related from Add / Remove programs in the Control Panel. Restart. Re-run the latest NVIDIA installer for the new NVIDIA Graphics Card. Select Custom. Click Next. Select Clean Installation and complete the installation. Restart again. Try UOSteam.

Hope this helps,

kentares
Phylor

Post by Phylor »

I've wanted to try UOS for awhile now, but everytime I open it I get "Not Enough Virtual Memory"

I've uninstalled, reinstalled, tried to open it with literally zero other programs open, tried to increase my virtual memory, run it in compatibility mode, run as administrator...all to no avail. I have no flippin clue what's going on.

I have 32GB of ram with 28GB available... Anyone have a clue as to what's going on with this?
kentares

Post by kentares »

Good evening Phylor,

I believe this may be the problem:

http://superuser.com/questions/943175/w ... -available
https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/ ... ual-memory

Essentially both links suggest manually setting the page file size; tread carefully doing this.

While modifying the page file, you are a naked miner in a Felluca mine / dungeon without detect hidden. :geek:

Hope this helps,

kentares
D-nox

Post by D-nox »

Just fyi i have the same error and im running a i5 with windows 10 and no gpu.
So the problem must related to Intel Integrated Graphics OpenGL, not the GPU.
I havent figured out how to fix it thou.
hibbigibbi

Post by hibbigibbi »

Thanks for the input D-nox. I still monitor this post now and again to see if there are more suggestions. I'm glad I'm not an isolated case at least, hah.
Maksim70

Post by Maksim70 »

Good afternoon! After installing windows 10 with new drivers, I had the same problem ... I do not have a graphics card, only the integrated intel graphics 630. The processor is i7,7700. The clean client and the razor is working without problems. There were no problems on 7, but there were old drivers on the integrated video.
From the error log

The name of the failed application: client.exe, version: 7.0.52.2, timestamp: 0x57aa268f
The name of the failed module: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Error offset: 0x60aed4a1
Id of the failed process: 0x15d8
The time to start the failed application: 0x01d298f4231b2b05
The path of the failed application: D: \ UO2D \ client.exe
Path of the failed module: unknown
Report ID: 833cd270-19ae-48bc-b60e-b952a524d8ff
The full name of the failed package:
The code of the application associated with the failed package:
Maligant

Post by Maligant »

I've been glancing at this thread from time to time, and I figure it's about time I add to it.

My wife has the same OpenGL error on her PC, and cannot use UO Steam. She and I both have HP computers and are each using exactly the same model of GeForce graphics cards. We are both using Windows 10, and yet I don't have the problem on my machine.

My PC is an HP Pavillion p7-1534 and is a couple of years old now. It was originally Windows 8, but I have since upgraded to windows 10.

Hers is an HP Envy 750-414, which is natively Windows 10.

Both her machine and mine have a Geforce GTX 660 TI graphics card installed.

After we originally purchased her HP machine in early 2017 and set it up for the first time, UOSteam worked perfectly. But at some point Windows Update ran, and a driver update for the onboard Intel Graphics chip was installed. Immediately after that update was applied, her UOSteam stopped working, and the OpenGL error message described by the OP ensued.

My UOSteam however, continues to work. And I believe I know why. When I originally installed the Geforce graphics card in my machine, I manually disabled the onboard graphics chip. It doesn't even appear in the device manager list anymore. Because of this, the Intel graphics driver update was never downloaded by Windows Update on my machine. When we installed the same model of Geforce graphics card in her machine however, I did not disable the onboard graphics chip. Her onboard graphics chip is still operating, and thus, the update was downloaded and applied.

Traditionally, installing a 3D graphics card would automatically disable the onboard graphics, but apparently these days, that no-longer happens. Newer computers are designed to use both the onboard graphics and a 3D card together to share the load. But, as I recently found out, the graphics card both my wife and I are using is considered a legacy graphics card, and is not intended to work in conjunction with onboard graphics. Since her onboard graphics chip is still functioning, the updated intel driver is still in control - so even though the Geforce graphics card is installed correctly and the Geforce drivers are up to date, the intel chip is determining compatibility and is rejecting UOSteam.

Anyway, I've been extremely tempted to disable the onboard graphics on my wife's machine and see if that solves her problem with UOSteam, but I'm concerned it could equally screw things up, which is why I haven't tried it yet. If it doesn't solve the problem, I wouldn't know how to re-enable the onboard graphics if I need to. As I mentioned, after disabling it on my machine, it doesn't appear on the device manager list.

If anyone can offer any suggestions on how to re-enable onboard graphics should things go south, then I would gladly try.
cosima

Post by cosima »

Try in BIOS Switch onboard Grafik off.or at my Laptop i can Switch betwen onboard or nividia Grafik in the nividia Menü
Maligant

Post by Maligant »

Woohoo! I solved the problem, but not in the way I expected.

I tried looking in BIOS, but it was already set to use the Nvidia card. The problem is, I hadn't installed the 3D card until after the Windows Update had already run, because at the time, there was no reason to - my wife wasn't using her PC for playing anything other than UO. I had thought that by installing the Nvidia card, it would force the PC to ignore the intel chip issue, but it didn't. So, the "Can't find the name of the intel opengl driver" persisted.

One google search suggested downloading an older intel driver from the intel website, but installing it prompted system warnings about compatibility issues, since my wife's HP system apparently uses a custom version of the intel driver. So that didn't pan out.

Another google search suggested going into the device manager, clicking on the display adaptors, looking at the properties for the intel chip, and rolling back the driver - but this didn't help either. The problem persisted.

So with all hope lost, I thought "screw it" and clicked on the "update driver" button for the intel chip. After installing the driver, I noticed the release date was only a little while ago - 6/2/17. The driver that screwed up UO Steam was dated in January. So, I held my breath and tried UO Steam - AND IT WORKS!!!!!!
capalbo

Post by capalbo »

Maligant wrote:Woohoo! I solved the problem, but not in the way I expected.

I tried looking in BIOS, but it was already set to use the Nvidia card. The problem is, I hadn't installed the 3D card until after the Windows Update had already run, because at the time, there was no reason to - my wife wasn't using her PC for playing anything other than UO. I had thought that by installing the Nvidia card, it would force the PC to ignore the intel chip issue, but it didn't. So, the "Can't find the name of the intel opengl driver" persisted.

One google search suggested downloading an older intel driver from the intel website, but installing it prompted system warnings about compatibility issues, since my wife's HP system apparently uses a custom version of the intel driver. So that didn't pan out.

Another google search suggested going into the device manager, clicking on the display adaptors, looking at the properties for the intel chip, and rolling back the driver - but this didn't help either. The problem persisted.

So with all hope lost, I thought "screw it" and clicked on the "update driver" button for the intel chip. After installing the driver, I noticed the release date was only a little while ago - 6/2/17. The driver that screwed up UO Steam was dated in January. So, I held my breath and tried UO Steam - AND IT WORKS!!!!!!
I am having the same issue. The moment I get home I will try it.

You updated in the Windows Update system or in the Intel HD software?
AR9221

Post by AR9221 »

I had this issue with an Intel IGP, fixed it overwriting manufacturer driver with the one provided by MS via Windows Update
Kush Tailored

Post by Kush Tailored »

I had this problem and ended up having to reset the windows and put a clean version of win10 on after downloading an older driver from the internet. Just be sure to make it so windows does NOT automatically update your driver once you fix the problem or you'll get another headache.
Discord: Kain#3638
Maligant

Post by Maligant »

capalbo wrote:

I fixed it from the Device Manager in the control panel. Expand the display adaptors subgroup, find your intel GPU listed there, view the properties, and click on the drivers tab. Click the "update driver" button to get the latest (6/2/17) driver.

Theoretically windows update should download the same driver, but I hate windows update, and don't trust it. That's my one major beef with Windows 10 since there's no way to disable it.
capalbo

Post by capalbo »

Maligant wrote:
capalbo wrote:

I fixed it from the Device Manager in the control panel. Expand the display adaptors subgroup, find your intel GPU listed there, view the properties, and click on the drivers tab. Click the "update driver" button to get the latest (6/2/17) driver.

Theoretically windows update should download the same driver, but I hate windows update, and don't trust it. That's my one major beef with Windows 10 since there's no way to disable it.
I tried the way you told, but it says I already have the last driver version. It still not working at all, don't know what else can I do about :(
Sebold

Post by Sebold »

I had the same problem