Event of the day! April 28th

Off-topic general discussion, for everything else.
Made In Quebec

Event of the day! April 28th

Post by Made In Quebec »

Did you know that,

148 years ago, chinese and irish workers from the Central Pacific Railroad, managed to lay down 10 miles of railroad in just one day? That feat has never been matched to this day.

Impressive don't you think?

History, needs never be forgotten!
kentares, Bama and Retartifact like this.
Souced

Re: Event of the day! April 28th

Post by Souced »

you would be correct in the fact now do you know the reason they laid so much track in just that one day?
My parents said I could be anything when I grew up, I picked Asshole! How am I doing?
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Souced wrote: do you know the reason they laid so much track in just that one day?
No text messages to interrupt them while they worked?

Am I right?
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Souced

Post by Souced »

lol close very close
My parents said I could be anything when I grew up, I picked Asshole! How am I doing?
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Souced wrote:you would be correct in the fact now do you know the reason they laid so much track in just that one day?
Wasn't it over a bet or something like that?
They were to extend their rails to join with the Pacific Union rail somewhere in one of those rectangle States I'm thinking it was Utah

Where is Lead44 when you need him.....................

.....................probably doing his air guitar to Sharp Dressed Man
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Souced

Post by Souced »

oh very close it was actually near the completion of the railway system connection the 2 together but the specifics were not actually laid out of how to do it so the 2 seperate contracters passed each other and kept going and seeing as the company and the men were paid by the mile of track laid they laid a bunch because their job was over since the 2 tracks are very close together for this stretch of track laid. they did actually pass each other and laid double track for a number of miles one from each company
Bama likes this.
Gargl Kark

Post by Gargl Kark »

AND: April 28th is world motörhead day!
Whammy | Timezone: GMT+2

2020-09-17: SALE | Jewels List
Bama likes this.