Event of the day! May 8th

Off-topic general discussion, for everything else.
Made In Quebec

Event of the day! May 8th

Post by Made In Quebec »

Did you know that,

37 years ago, the World Health Organisation annouced the complete eradication of smallpox? Smallpox was an infectious disease causing severe rashes and eventually evolved to a bunch of blisters all over the body. It could cause death in serious cases, and for a long time it has been the cause of 1/3 of blindness case in Europe. Mass vaccination we done in the 19th and 20th century to eventually manage to get completely rid of this terrible disease.

History, needs never be forgotten!
Bama and Gündüz like this.
april0395

Re: Event of the day! May 8th

Post by april0395 »

Kind of curious, how can they be absolutely positive it's not still around in places like North Korea or such? Kind of cool how they were able to rid the world of the spread. :)
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's and not mine, and I will not judge them.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

If exposed to the world today it would be another major outbreak in those under the age of 40. They actually found 2 vials of the live virus in 2014. There's probably still vials of the live virus in Germany, Russia, and various Arabic countries.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
april0395

Post by april0395 »

More Quite Interesting information from QI! ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_U7Ms4aKts
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's and not mine, and I will not judge them.