OSI Casting On Demise

Closed bug reports will be moved here.
Arden

Re: OSI Casting On Demise

Post by Arden »

Anthony File wrote:
TLDR; Fix casting, diminishing return on mortals, and lower apple timer.
And fix Cus

Fixing Cus will fix archers. Dismount archer, dead archer. Mages will still be able to escape if they choose with teleport.

Demise is so ass backwards. No DR on mortal. AND longest apple timer in the UO universe. PLEASE put someone on staff that knows how to pvp. MB obviously doesnt.
Vitek-

Post by Vitek- »

Well, the reason conc was fixed is because it increases damage when your health and Mana are spread apart, so all of a sudden you're ghealing from ~30 to ~60 as the fight wears on and your Mana diminishes.

Also default runuo (at least like, 10 years ago) didn't allow stacking 70 so unless that was specifically coded here it doesn't actually do anything. I went through this on rw:resurrected and the dev confirmed it was "if dci >=45, then dci=45" by default. May have been implemented here but I never bothered to slap it together.

Def gonna see Parry though no doubt.
Discord: Critical#2911
fish, bass
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

http://www.uoguide.com/Publish_71

Enchanted Apples:

Cool-down Increased to 30
They now have a chance to fail depending on the level and number of curses applied to the user.
Failure does not invoke the cool-down period.
Petals/Poison Immunity:

Deadly poison and stronger now have a 25% chance to break the poison immunity granted by orange petals.

That kind of tells me that the cool down timer was shorter than 30 seconds prior to this publish
I don't know if there was a publish regarding this item before that publish but I didn't check

I know the publish is past the Demise cut off but so were the:
Garbs but we have them
I was told by Eos that we can't have an extra 50 luck because it is past the cut off

Garbs a month and a half past cut off yes
An extra 50 luck 15 days past the cut off no

It is kind of hit and miss so I guess if we throw enough shit against the wall something will stick
Bama wrote:
Eos wrote:The bonus is 200 plus 50 for each veteran age "year" (so every 90 days on Demise), though we capped it at 750 due to that being the maximum bonus during Mondain's Legacy on OSI.

For the maximum bonus your account would have to be 990 days old.

15 days short for another 50 luck?

UO Sept/24/97
UO SA Sept/9/09
Eos wrote:
Bama wrote:15 days short for another 50 luck?

UO Sept/24/97
UO SA Sept/9/09
That is correct. ;)
But I did get a wink and that made it so much better
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Anthony File

Post by Anthony File »

Vitek- wrote:Well, the reason conc was fixed is because it increases damage when your health and Mana are spread apart, so all of a sudden you're ghealing from ~30 to ~60 as the fight wears on and your Mana diminishes.

Also default runuo (at least like, 10 years ago) didn't allow stacking 70 so unless that was specifically coded here it doesn't actually do anything. I went through this on rw:resurrected and the dev confirmed it was "if dci >=45, then dci=45" by default. May have been implemented here but I never bothered to slap it together.

Stacking 70 DCI on here allows you to counter the effect of Hit Lower Defense.
I’m not sure if it’s OSI accurate, on Demise if you’re stacked to 70 DCI you will remain at 45 DCI when under the effect of HLD (-25 DCI). So while your DCI never really goes above true 45, stacking above 45 and up to 70 will counter Hit Lower Defense.

Anyways, bump - fix casting.
Arden

Post by Arden »

Vitek- wrote:Well, the reason conc was fixed is because it increases damage when your health and Mana are spread apart, so all of a sudden you're ghealing from ~30 to ~60 as the fight wears on and your Mana diminishes.

Depends on the code used.

Yes it does stare if dci>45, dci =45

But Lower defense is calculated else where. It depends what version of runuo Demise is running
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Anthony File wrote:
Vitek- wrote:Tbf it will make it hard af to fight archers current state that's why I kept saying it should be a comprehensive patch. Conc is OP, frenzied is fucked and weap switching ruins swing timers. Mana leech is wrong too but that's not quite as important - nobody runs hml weaps in PvP on OSI it's a wasted mod

The biggest issue would be consecutive mortal strikes which could be countered with diminishing returns and lowered apple timers.

Concussion blow is strong but can be greater healed between swings while running solo, and with good cross healers it shouldn’t be much of an issue in group fights.

Alchemy archers will dominate against solo mages with paralyze/conflags, that shouldn’t be an issue at all as 1v1s are usually agreed upon. I doubt many mages are going to 1v1 against archers and anyone that mains one is likely going to be laughed at for being a one key warrior after a casting change.

Anyways, after the update you’ll see a lot more parry based builds as well which when coupled with 70 DCI is going to neuter archers offensive ability.

I can't really see a need for a change that hasn't already been implemented. The only reason I see a change needed was in duels, but we have that option. The only reason it is useful outside of duels would be a zergs inability to kill a single target which in turn gives players the option to run solo.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Josh

Post by Josh »

The Silvertiger wrote:
Anthony File wrote:
Vitek- wrote:Tbf it will make it hard af to fight archers current state that's why I kept saying it should be a comprehensive patch. Conc is OP, frenzied is fucked and weap switching ruins swing timers. Mana leech is wrong too but that's not quite as important - nobody runs hml weaps in PvP on OSI it's a wasted mod

The biggest issue would be consecutive mortal strikes which could be countered with diminishing returns and lowered apple timers.

Concussion blow is strong but can be greater healed between swings while running solo, and with good cross healers it shouldn’t be much of an issue in group fights.

Alchemy archers will dominate against solo mages with paralyze/conflags, that shouldn’t be an issue at all as 1v1s are usually agreed upon. I doubt many mages are going to 1v1 against archers and anyone that mains one is likely going to be laughed at for being a one key warrior after a casting change.

Anyways, after the update you’ll see a lot more parry based builds as well which when coupled with 70 DCI is going to neuter archers offensive ability.

I can't really see a need for a change that hasn't already been implemented. The only reason I see a change needed was in duels, but we have that option. The only reason it is useful outside of duels would be a zergs inability to kill a single target which in turn gives players the option to run solo.
YoTeleporting faster than dexxers is a major problem exploited by people who zerg and are getting zerged. Miniheal spamming teammates is a problem in teamfights even numbered, outnumbered, undernumbered. These are very annoying and automated primarily and casting change would fix them.
Both are huge reasons why casting needs to change in field fights in particular.
DG

Post by DG »

When lower defense takes effect,DCI cap wont be taken into account.For example,you current DCI is 51,which is beyond 45 DCI cap.but when you have lower defense effect on you,your DCI will be 51-25=26,not 45-25=20.It is without a doubt.You can verify that on Demise.

DCI means a lot when facing non-magical templates.If your mage has a hard time against archers,upgrade your gear first.With garb implemented,mages can easily get a DCI above 50.Garb can be considered as a buff to mages.

Fixing casting wont lead to imbalance between mages and archers.Mages advantages are so obvious and so huge that not a single low ping player will main archer,especially in group fights.With ping 200+,i still have to play an mage in group fights after two years of playing archers.Archers have way too many limitations.Adding a 0.25 delay between each spells,really is no big deal.

Believe me,even after osi casting is implemented,you still can energy bolt any archer to make them flee;you still can xfield and kill any archer when 1 on 1.

Fix casting!

At least begin it with fixing teleport.
Alvin likes this.
Josh

Post by Josh »

uhm we say fix casting, mortal and cu's. Archers will be fine with the casting change too. @kapero
Alvin

Post by Alvin »

Please lets change casting so that Ajani quits the server !

"To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost."
~Gustave Flaubert
Shallan, Josh and Ajani like this.
Ajani

Post by Ajani »

Alvin dropping the f bomb.png
Alvin dropping the f bomb.png (8.2 KiB) Viewed 3824 times
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's.

I find this quite entertaining.
Casting is shit
Josh, Alvin and Maloskies like this.
Arden

Post by Arden »

DG wrote:When lower defense takes effect,DCI cap wont be taken into account.For example,you current DCI is 51,which is beyond 45 DCI cap.but when you have lower defense effect on you,your DCI will be 51-25=26,not 45-25=20.It is without a doubt.You can verify that on Demise.
Where can you verify this? Please post code
Shallan

Post by Shallan »

Alvin wrote:Please lets change casting so that Ajani quits the server !

I aprove this!!111

UABOF - Users against Bullshit on forum.
DG

Post by DG »

Arden wrote:
Where can you verify this? Please post code
Its not by checking the code.Do a small test in game,and look at your status panel...
Bama likes this.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Josh wrote: teleporting faster than dexxers is a major problem exploited by people who zerg and are getting zerged. Miniheal spamming teammates is a problem in teamfights even numbered, outnumbered, undernumbered. These are very annoying and automated primarily and casting change would fix them.
Both are huge reasons why casting needs to change in field fights in particular.
My friend Jose told me that GHeal is far superior. ;)

Teleport can be fixed with a range change just as the fields should be fixed.

GL HF getting casting nerfed!
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."