Anthony File

Re: Monster AI when low.

Post by Anthony File »

Bump
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Eos wrote: August 14th, 2019, 11:49 pm The thread
Hi, have you got a chance to check out the details on this yet? I know it is super tedious and you are busy, so I'd understand, but for the sake of transparency, I ask.

If you could verify my finding concerning undead and blood elementals and implement those it would be a start. The whole AI needs reworked really, but alas we're running into the third-world-server problem of being so outdated that even the archaic systems we have are changing. I hope all is well with you and your's.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

The Silvertiger wrote: November 3rd, 2019, 1:18 pm
transparency

Black solen ants in Trammel and red solen ants in Felucca always try to flee from melee damage when low on hit points

There, one (2?) less to do

I will look into Ettins the next time I log into OSI
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Loler

Post by Loler »

Let's just make everything run at less then 99%
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Bama wrote: November 3rd, 2019, 1:53 pm
The Silvertiger wrote: November 3rd, 2019, 1:18 pm
transparency

Black solen ants in Trammel and red solen ants in Felucca always try to flee from melee damage when low on hit points

There, one (2?) less to do

I will look into Ettins the next time I log into OSI
OK
So far Ettins won't flee but I need to find a weaker weapon and test some more because..............

................Cyclopean Warriors
If they are low on HP they won't flee they will even walk to you if you step back so they don't flee but...........

..................whether they stand there or step towards you (if you step back and they are low on HP) if your next swing (the death blow) is a miss they will walk away from you

Titans flee

Corpsers don't flee (hehehehe)

Reapers don't flee on Demise because they are missing their special move "teleport"

Also my way back machine is still in the shop
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Shallan

Post by Shallan »

Reapers dont flee cause they dont have special move "legs" lol... the reaper on festival grounds "Tweeky terrible" or smth was pretty much movable :D

UABOF - Users against Bullshit on forum.
Anthony File

Post by Anthony File »

Bump
fluffhead321

Post by fluffhead321 »

Maybe it's an era thing, but I've been playing OSI, and, from what I cant tell, all mobs run when low...I've actually noticed that they run faster and further there then here.
An Elemental likes this.
Eos
Demise Administrator

Post by Eos »

This issue will be partially fixed as of tonight.

Some issues still remain, such as some monsters that should never flee, even after a period of not being attacked. (Which ones? It's not all undead, as ghouls flee on OSI.)
Eos
UOGDemise - Administrator

Please do not PM me for general support.
If you are experiencing game issues please send a help request in-game.

Thank you for your continued support of UOG: Demise.
Arden

Post by Arden »

Eos wrote: August 28th, 2020, 8:26 pm This issue will be partially fixed as of tonight.

Some issues still remain, such as some monsters that should never flee, even after a period of not being attacked. (Which ones? It's not all undead, as ghouls flee on OSI.)
It was originally based on int level (using eval int) and “human” like. Creatures - Efferets don’t flee but ghouls do. Alligators don’t but centaurs do etc.

Basically if it has a brain it ran. Some exceptions such as dragons drakes beetles etc also flee. It was intended to help tamers.

I wish you luck with this bc idiots will come flying in saying in wrong shortly but osi many if not most mobs flee even when reflagged. It was to left in prevent afk scripting too.
Eos and The Silvertiger like this.
The Silvertiger

First, I want to say I love the In Development tag. Very nice catch on the ghouls. I admitted my research was limited and you found the limits.😹
Arden wrote: August 28th, 2020, 10:07 pm It was originally based on int level (using eval int) and “human” like. Creatures - Efferets don’t flee but ghouls do. Alligators don’t but centaurs do etc.

Basically if it has a brain it ran. Some exceptions such as dragons drakes beetles etc also flee. It was intended to help tamers.

I wish you luck with this bc idiots will come flying in saying in wrong shortly but osi many if not most mobs flee even when reflagged. It was to left in prevent afk scripting too.
Thank you for developing your original post below into the post above. I don't know of it's accuracy, but as I stated somewhere, I won't be further testing this bug.
Arden wrote: August 12th, 2019, 11:03 pm On osi humanoids flees + dragons. Nothing else.

I wish they would actually talk to osi players. That is my only request. Unless they are logging into an AOS/SE server they are doing us a disservice.

Do I like loler? Fuck no. But he knows at least as much as I do about osi. Yet we are constantly told we are wrong. Yet nearly every time we prove ourselves right with patch notes. Then ignored.

Anyways. Rant over.

Tldr Please consult top tier ex-osi players and work together to determine accuracy.
Concerning consulting OSI players, the problem stems from this very thread and it's duplicate. Loler stated that mobs do not flee ever under any circumstance [paraphrased.] When consulting other OSI vets in the past problems also arose. I like to talk about the iirc issue. It has been proven over time that memories get changed and even fake memories can be inserted. The person with these semi-pseudo memories and pseudo memories will swear with 100% conviction that they are true and really happened. That's why demise has relied so much on patch notes of systems that have changed and retail in-game testing of systems that there's no documentation of change.

/rant
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Eos likes this.
Arden

Post by Arden »

@silver there was a bug on osi that forced cus to Stand still on one tile. The cu could then be used to farm any mob that didn’t flee. Let’s just say I have extensive knowledge on what didn’t flee lol.

I’ll try and hunt down the old screenshots of using broken chairs to block spawn locations bc they never decay.
The Silvertiger

Arden wrote: August 30th, 2020, 11:34 pm Let’s just say I have extensive knowledge on what didn’t flee lol.
I just don't see that when I put your posts side by side with my video. I could be wrong, but I don't think llamas [0:31], giant spiders [not featured would have been between the Harpies and troll, but can sub it's cousin scorpion (17:59) if you'd like], and greater mongbats[11:10] would in any world be considered humanoid or of human like intelligence [minus aragog, but all of his children nah.] And on the same line why could I get fire elementals[9:26] and efreets[10:20] to flee, but not blood elementals. Surely the eval int gives a higher reading for blood eles. Going to the "it has a brain"... I'm sure plague beasts[12:30] have a brain in all that goo, but do they use it?

Unfortunately, the extended cut was on twitch and got deleted, but the YouTube video still works. When testing sometimes you have to wait like 30 seconds. I think the longest wait was that two brain punk ettin[4:57].
The Silvertiger wrote: June 15th, 2019, 6:19 am Here's part 2 of the extended cut: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/439169055

Here is an edited version: https://youtu.be/O2tPTlxiqtE

The list of mobs caught fleeing in part 1 & 2:
Great Hart
LLama
Imp
Harpy
Stone Harpy
Giant Spider
Troll
Drake
Air Elemental
Orc
Orcish Mage
Ratman archer
ratman
dire wolf
earth elemental
Blackthorn's Juggernaut
Fire Elemental
Enslaved Gargoyle
Lava Lizard
Sand Vortex
Efreet
Greater Mongbat
Bogling
Plague Beast
Kappa
Kraken
Lesser Hiryu
Oni
Hiryu
Elite Ninja [great ai report coming]
Lava Serpent
Tsuki Wolf
Wisp
Stone Gargoyle
Gargoyle

List of mobs I couldn't get to flee as much as I tried:
anything with less hp than a fireball
paragons
corpsers
BLOOD ELEMENTALS
UNDEAD [every undead I tried wouldn't flee]

List of mobs caught fleeing in between part 1 & 2:
Demon
Balron
hell cat predator
GL HF testing!

PS in editing to include timestamps, I noticed that Arden's developed post of eval int behavior and fleeing included a contrast to my video of efreet flee behavior.
Arden wrote: August 28th, 2020, 10:07 pmCreatures - Efferets don’t flee but ghouls do.

Moved due irrelevance: Concerning cu bugs... Demise used to have a bug where a cu wouldn't stand on the same tile as a revenant even if all other tiles around it were occupied. Made doing DF in gaunt very difficult.
Selling List & Vendor

Arden

Post by Arden »

I’ll find you screenshots Mobs def didn’t do that. We had 10-20 guys afk farming diff spots due to Mobs not running with Just the cu trick ( which is why I like mob flee)

The main spots for farming was efferts, dreads, ant lions, poisons. A stationary cu could farm for weeks, mobs never fled

- I am pro mobs fleeing btw. So even if I’m wrong on how it worked fleeing > not