Invalid Huge bug fix now please

Closed bug reports will be moved here.
The Silvertiger

Re: Huge bug fix now please

Post by The Silvertiger »

Bad Religion wrote:
Vitek- wrote:
Bad Religion wrote:you're right that doesnt help me. On osi you kill a blue over and over and he can count you over and over assuming you havnt flagged to him or gone criminal.
No. 5 min timer
Nope that's not era accurate. they changed it to that.
Vitek- wrote:I remember trying to go red this way on siege as a kid during SE and it wouldn't work due to needing to wait 5 mins. Can you cite a pub?
Loler wrote:I can't site a pub but can confirm there was no 5 min timer. The "bug" in now was a change to stop the old bug. It's not a bug but an intended change probably based off the 5 minute timer maybe taken from osi during or passed cut off.
The Silvertiger wrote:I will search for the publish
The only thing I found that could be even remotely related is a brief line in Publish 35, but it's without explanation: "Fixed a bug allowing players to manipulate murder counts"

Past that there are no mentions of an addition, fix, or anything concerning murder counts. Maybe something about NPC murder counts, but nothing that would indicate a change to how they are received. So if they did add a timer, my bet would be it was here at pub 35, but I wouldn't make a change based on that. I was informed that this Publish 35 notation could be related to factions, but there's no proof either way. If OSI currently has a 5 min timer, I would leave demise at that. Kinda like a play stands because of not enough evidence.

We cannot have anything implemented or changed based on "that's how I remember it." First off, we have an issue of time. It's been almost 10 years since the last ML publish. There are many studies that have proven that the mind remembers things different than reality. Note: "The Good Ole Days" Secondly, what if the person who is "remembering" is deliberately trying to sabotage? Lastly, there were a lot of implementations that were based on remembrance. These later had to be changed when documentation proved that these "remembrances" were wrong.

Edit: Also found the paralyze aggressive action leading to a murder count update. Nothing concerning other harmful non-damaging spells or effects.

References:
https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/ ... th-august/
http://www.uoguide.com/Publish_35
https://www.uogdemise.com/community/vie ... p?f=14&t=9
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Bama likes this.
Vitek-

Post by Vitek- »

That's all I found when I looked, too.
Discord: Critical#2911
fish, bass
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

same
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

I could be wrong, but I believe this is the timer:
Timer.DelayCall(TimeSpan.FromMinutes(10), new TimerStateCallback(ReportedListExpiry_Callback), new object[] { from, killer });
}

It is found in
Scripts\Gumps\ReportMurderer.cs
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Legacy

Post by Legacy »

Bama wrote:
Bad Religion wrote:A blue attacked my blue, I counted him. I ressed and he res killed me and I couldnt count him again. He was 100% criminal and flagging by attacking me. Fix this asap
This might not help you but ......

The players that have been here a while remember the old bug

A blue attacks another player
The blue kills the player
The blue is now criminal grey
The victim reports the blue
The victim resurrects while the blue who is now grey is still criminal
The victim suicides and is able to report the blue who is criminal
Rinse repeat the blue stays criminal
The blue becomes red

I am so glad they fixed that ……… sarcasm needs it’s own font

The sad part is and again the players that have been here a long time will remember this. The Admin at the time asked over and over for the flagging/criminal code to be tested. They went as far as delaying updates until that was tested.
I remember turning a whole guild red with this and forcing them into Red PvP. That was a blast.
Lucifall
Bama likes this.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Legacy wrote:
Bama wrote:
Bad Religion wrote:A blue attacked my blue, I counted him. I ressed and he res killed me and I couldnt count him again. He was 100% criminal and flagging by attacking me. Fix this asap
This might not help you but ......

The players that have been here a while remember the old bug

A blue attacks another player
The blue kills the player
The blue is now criminal grey
The victim reports the blue
The victim resurrects while the blue who is now grey is still criminal
The victim suicides and is able to report the blue who is criminal
Rinse repeat the blue stays criminal
The blue becomes red

I am so glad they fixed that ……… sarcasm needs it’s own font

The sad part is and again the players that have been here a long time will remember this. The Admin at the time asked over and over for the flagging/criminal code to be tested. They went as far as delaying updates until that was tested.
I remember turning a whole guild red with this and forcing them into Red PvP. That was a blast.

Good times Brunus thanks for that. Good times lol
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Legacy likes this.