Verification Needed Blood Oath

Post your Demise bug reports here!
Vitek-

Blood Oath

Post by Vitek- »

Requesting that in the OSI casting areas, blood oath also work properly. Really hamstrings necro effectiveness not having it.

It's supposed to be a static effect where resisting spells only affects duration. The effect is - the caster
takes something like 115% damage while the enemy takes 100% damage

Here I'm not sure how it works but it's totally useless because the damage returned is really low.
Discord: Critical#2911
fish, bass
Vitek-

Re: [NEW] Blood Oath

Post by Vitek- »

P.S. I wrote the wrong thing in notepad. Oathed damage done was 21/27 not 18/27 (just woke up sry)

This from pub48 is a lie unless it only affects pvm.

Resisting Spells now reduces a percentage of Blood Oath damage by the following formula:
((Resisting Spells Skill x 10) / 20) + 10 = percentage of damage resisted.
fish, bass
Llama Vortex likes this.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Vitek- wrote:

P.S. I wrote the wrong thing in notepad. Oathed damage done was 21/27 not 18/27 (just woke up sry)

This from pub48 is a lie unless it only affects pvm.

Resisting Spells now reduces a percentage of Blood Oath damage by the following formula:
((Resisting Spells Skill x 10) / 20) + 10 = percentage of damage resisted.
Which publish did they change blood oath? And do you Have an example of how it worked before the patch?
Vitek-

Post by Vitek- »

From my experience blood oath in PvP has never changed since I used it first in 2005. It's always worked as depicted in my video up through today.

Pub48 is where it's claimed to have changed but it's either not true at all or only affected PvM.
Last edited by Vitek- on March 2nd, 2019, 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fish, bass
Josh

Post by Josh »

Vitek- wrote:From my experience blood oath in PvP has never changed since I used it first in 2005. It's always worked as depicted in my video up until today.

Pub48 is where it's claimed to have changed but it's either not true at all or only affected PvM.
Are you sure? This would've been during ML. Idk when did you stop playing osi? I think they changed it back during some necro buffs after mysticism came around. (like high seas time)

These are genuine questions, I never have played osi, so idk if that is what it was like during Ml or not.
Vitek-

Post by Vitek- »

I played 2005 to 2019 without too big of a break anywhere in between. nothing longer than a year.

Totally sure. The necro buffs were for "focus" spec and had more to do with corpse skin than anything.
fish, bass
Josh

Post by Josh »

Vitek- wrote:I played 2005 to 2019 without too big of a break anywhere in between. nothing longer than a year.

Totally sure. The necro buffs were for "focus" spec and had more to do with corpse skin than anything.
I think the best evidence would be trying to find some pvp video from before SA and within that timeframe where they used Blood Oath honestly. I'll try to look for some.
The problem is they're not all first person :[
Vitek-

Post by Vitek- »

https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/ ... ecromancy/

The website has that mechanic defined today for blood oath but it clearly doesn't work that way in PvP based on the video. Duration is all I've ever known Resisting Spells to affect with the exception of any RunUO shard I've played (including RW - was broken there too)

People didn't really record that much back then so it might be tough.
fish, bass
Josh

Post by Josh »

here's a 2008 description on uoguide - seems to suggest the resist worked on it. Idk how accurate uoguide is for this though.
http://www.uoguide.com/index.php?title= ... ldid=13442
Josh

Post by Josh »

Vitek- wrote:https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/ ... ecromancy/

The website has that mechanic defined today for blood oath but it clearly doesn't work that way in PvP based on the video. Duration is all I've ever known Resisting Spells to affect with the exception of any RunUO shard I've played (including RW - was broken there too)

People didn't really record that much back then so it might be tough.
Mmm, can u test it without resist and with resist, see the difference if there is any? Because you're right about the way describe it doesnt match the video.
Vitek-

Post by Vitek- »

Sure. Give me a min.
fish, bass
Vitek-

Post by Vitek- »

Always a little variance on spell damage but it's the same.
fish, bass
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Bama, could you test this please
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

The Silvertiger wrote:Bama, could you test this please

Why?
What is wrong with Vitek's tests?
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Bama wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote:Bama, could you test this please

Why?
What is wrong with Vitek's tests?
You tell me... after testing, of course.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."