Completed Making your pet follow you again without taming.

Post your Demise bug reports here!
Josh

Re: Making your pet follow you again without taming.

Post by Josh »

Anthony File wrote: August 31st, 2019, 2:28 am Hmm, I’m not a fan of this change.

Dismounts will be an almost guaranteed death sentence every time.

People complain about peace templates every week, this implementation would give the same effect without having to invest skill points.

Something else for KvG to cry about I guess.
Kvg says "hey this isn't osi specific, lets change it"
Hz cries "YALL ARE CRYING"

Imagine being this pathetic Anthony.

I've had this conversation a million times and have never had a semi-good response:

1. Dismounts are already super effective, riding swipe + mortal spam = no pet, the counter is to teleport away, get on mount if they dont target or prot/invis/ethy (until they fix this). Since most of you don't have the cognitive ability to understand what purpose this argument serves. It's saying dismounting is already pretty damning regardless of pet health.

2. When the dismounter has to ride a weaker pet they become more vulnerable. Currently, they are not vulnerable bc they all ride cu's. Meaning there is a lot less risk and a lot of reward for dismounting. Now if we made them ride less healthy pets, they would be more vulnerable so there'd be more of a risk associated with trying to dismount.

Combine those two arguments - Dismounting will still hurt about the same considering there are many methods to prevent remounting (e.g. by Anthony, peace + invis). But the change makes Dismounters more vulnerable, meaning this is more balanced because it's no longer low risk/high reward, now it's high risk/high reward.

TLDR - Dismounters aren't very vulnerable with riding cu's, there's many methods for remount prevention already. Change would make dismounters more vulnerable bc weak pet, same amount of remount prevention will exist. Makes dismounting riskier overall.
Last edited by Josh on August 31st, 2019, 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Anthony File wrote: August 31st, 2019, 2:28 am Hmm, I’m not a fan of this change.

Dismounts will be an almost guaranteed death sentence every time.

People complain about peace templates every week, this implementation would give the same effect without having to invest skill points.

Something else for KvG to cry about I guess.
Imagine that Hz cries that the server is trying to become more osi-like. Classic.
Anthony File

Post by Anthony File »

This change would make it impossible to dodge dismounts as your pet will instantly be flagged by a script.

It also would make no-dachi and bard PvP templates useless as you’ll no longer need the skill investment for a forced dismount without any ability for the target to remount.

Remember when you could insta-bola everyone on screen? This is going to be essentially just as bad, Hz will exploit this change by forcing all enemies to dismount. KvG and company will cry and beg staff to change something else.

I can imagine it now, your friends will be complaining in Discord how we dismounted everyone and spammed winds and lightning arrow.

TLDR;

Like OSI but better. Leave it alone.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Anthony File wrote: August 31st, 2019, 5:56 am This change would make it impossible to dodge dismounts as your pet will instantly be flagged by a script.

It also would make no-dachi and bard PvP templates useless as you’ll no longer need the skill investment for a forced dismount without any ability for the target to remount.

Remember when you could insta-bola everyone on screen? This is going to be essentially just as bad, Hz will exploit this change by forcing all enemies to dismount. KvG and company will cry and beg staff to change something else.

I can imagine it now, your friends will be complaining in Discord how we dismounted everyone and spammed winds and lightning arrow.

TLDR;

Like OSI but better. Leave it alone.
Nah you’re wrong. Archers will go ninja form so they’ll be fine. Mages will have teleport which what you do anyhow. Bush chars have lesser hiryus which are basically nightmares hp. Literally the only people who are more vulnerable are people who don’t adapt, which is their fault for playing glass cannon characters. Tamer pvpers will be strong too (analcleta)

No dachis will still be useful, especially for hiryu users or tamers. Peacing doesn’t work correctly anyhow, it was never intended to be used for invis pets, also there are other applications of peacing that can be useful that you guys don’t utilize.

Dismounters will be more vulnerable as well.

We had a few weeks where everyone ran swampies and war horses. Dismounting occurred but it wasn’t significantly harder to remount than it is now. Our warhorses survived most the time. My swampy stays alive most the time. Also fun fact I can have 5 pet balls to pet ball other pets to me, which is why I’d tele/invis offscreen.

I’ve dodged dismounters when I was on a swampy/warhorse, it wasn’t any worse than it is with current pets.

It’s not better than osi. It’s significantly worse because now we have to deal with retarded cu’s That attack us in choke fights (which is intended but wouldn’t be a problem if it were disadvantageous to ride cu’s, meaning this change would fix that problem). And dismounters dismount with impunity.
isterico likes this.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Let the dismounting begin! Show me your dodging abilities!

Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
patla

Post by patla »

Remove cusidhe/nightmares on pvpers and remove bolas so the fight will be balanced

Because if you remove cusidhes/nightmare pets
Many ppl will use bola and you have more chance to die easy because swamp dragon/grizzle mare dies fast

So i think to remove bolas aswell

If you need to dismouth players must use WEPS ONLY

Like old demise

If this happened like what i am saying ppl will start going factions to use war horse and demise have to fix the skill loss aswell must be 5 mins not 20 mins..........
Josh

Post by Josh »

patla wrote: August 31st, 2019, 5:02 pm Remove cusidhe/nightmares on pvpers and remove bolas so the fight will be balanced

Because if you remove cusidhes/nightmare pets
Many ppl will use bola and you have more chance to die easy because swamp dragon/grizzle mare dies fast

So i think to remove bolas aswell

If you need to dismouth players must use WEPS ONLY

Like old demise

If this happened like what i am saying ppl will start going factions to use war horse and demise have to fix the skill loss aswell must be 5 mins not 20 mins..........
I disagree, I think bolas are fairly easy to dodge. However I do think they need to fix the mounting issue on bolas (that’s primary reason they’re so rough nowadays). Also I think it has too far of a range on demise to hit after swing (have to verify) but if they make it more accurate I think it should be much better.

I’ll do some research on bolas and make a post in the near future.
Anthony File

Post by Anthony File »

You literally cannot dodge dismounts anymore if this change is implemented. Your pets will be auto-flagged.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Anthony File wrote: August 31st, 2019, 9:15 pm You literally cannot dodge dismounts anymore if this change is implemented. Your pets will be auto-flagged.
You're factually wrong. I've dodged bolas when everyone was riding war horses/swampies. read above I said that already. Stop making repeat myself.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Anthony File wrote: August 31st, 2019, 5:56 am ......................script.......................

Interesting
You seem to have a problem with other players not investing skill points with that

But
You don’t like having to invest points in taming to be able to mount your pet if it is fighting.

Do I have this right?
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Anthony File

Post by Anthony File »

Bama wrote: August 31st, 2019, 10:36 pm
Anthony File wrote: August 31st, 2019, 5:56 am ......................script.......................

Interesting
You seem to have a problem with other players not investing skill points with that

But
You don’t like having to invest points in taming to be able to mount your pet if it is fighting.

Do I have this right?

Majority of my PvPs are on Swamp Dragons / Grizzled Mares. I guess I’ve misunderstood some things here but wouldn’t all flagged pets be unable to be mounted, or just those that require taming skill which you don’t have?
Last edited by Anthony File on August 31st, 2019, 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Anthony File wrote: August 31st, 2019, 10:37 pm
Bama wrote: August 31st, 2019, 10:36 pm

Interesting

But

Do I have this right?

Majority of my PvPs are on Swamp Dragons / Grizzled Mares. I guess I’ve misunderstood some things here but wouldn’t all flagged pets be unable to be mounted, or just those that require taming skill which you don’t have?
Oh thats what u meant. No it's pets u dont meet the control requirements is what I think she said.
Bama wrote: August 30th, 2019, 10:04 pm
But because I like you Anthony............
If you hide/invis you always break agro between you and your pet
If I am attacking your pet you can hide/invis all you want but it won't break the agro between me and your pet and you can't mount it without the skills to control the pet

I don't know about the confusion blast
The Silvertiger and Bama like this.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

As far as I know you don't need taming and lore to control a swamp dragon or the grizzled mare

This report I believe (without it being mentioned ) is about Cu's and mares and unicorns and ki-rins and any other pet that requires taming and lore to control.

On OSI you can not mount a pet that is fighting you or someone else or a mongbat unless you have the skills to control the pet

Teleport
Teleport
Teleport
Teleport
Hide/Inviz
Logout
Login
Mount pet

Teleport
Teleport
Teleport
Teleport
Pet Ball (2.5 second delay) and you reveal if you are hidden
Mount pet

There is a bug though where if you are hidden and your pet dies you are revealed
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Complains about how op archers are, says kvg is crying when we propose a way to fix them. Nice Anthony
Josh likes this.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

File is a retard, the only time kvg has said anything about dismount is when we have 4v8 type fights and hz start spamming dismount with their double numbers. Even tho we still end up killing hz more often than not, so honestly im not worried about some shit guild that has fallen apart spamming dismount on us.
Josh likes this.