Invalid Frenzied whirlwind

Closed bug reports will be moved here.
royal kapero2

Frenzied whirlwind

Post by royal kapero2 »

Why it was nerfed in RUN uo way.. No one uses it anymore. I think it was somewhat correct since I had ticks of 6 damage with 120 ninja, and 5 with 50.. Maybe it should have been scaled differently, but it has been totally nerfed.. I don't get it, we nerfed one thing because casting and mounts are broken. Any chance to revert this update?
Josh

Re: Frenzied whirlwind

Post by Josh »

Don’t revert it, if it’s wrong then correct it. I posted what it’s supposed to be in this era 20-50 physical damage based on skill of bushido or ninjitsu.
Also its supposed to be 2 consecutive strikes.
The previous runuo version had it as like what 10 strikes with 5-6 damage each (I dont remember exactly). 50 ninja/bush = 50 damage from the ability, 120 bush/ninja = 60 damage and you couldn’t cast for a few seconds which was cancer (unless you were in protection). It was absurdly dumb and broken even on osi casting, especially since dci and weapon skill had 0 effect on whether it hit or not.
I don’t know if the change they made is 100% accurate but you should not revert the nerf 100%.

120 wep 70 tactics and 50 ninja shouldnt = 50 damage, it’s dumb.
royal kapero2 likes this.
royal kapero2

Post by royal kapero2 »

I agree it was OP, but why it went from OP to a total nerf..
Josh

Post by Josh »

royal kapero2 wrote:I agree it was OP, but why it went from OP to a total nerf..
Might just be how osi has it back then, they mayve done more indeth research than I did.

I know 99% of the people who I talked to about it said frenzied whirlwind was trash back in ml.
Loler

Post by Loler »

There also wasn't steam perfect teleport scripts to put you in perfect spot to do 50 damage. And no one did the Cusidhe trick either but it was possible this whole time.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Josh

Post by Josh »

damage was 20-50 scaling with skill not 50-60 scaling with skill though
and it was 2 consecutive strikes not 10.
Those differences are pretty substantial.
Loler

Post by Loler »

I was talking about everyone saying. People didnt use this on osi back in the day. Excuse. Yeah people evovled over time stuff might not have been done because people didnt think about it or deem it worthy. Just because people evolve doesn't mean it wasnt possible. not specifically saying this about frenzied ww but the teleport script definetely made it more op. Not to many people cared about it at first when it was dexxers doing it but when anthony started teleporting it was a big issue.
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Josh

Post by Josh »

I just assumed u were talking about fww bc it's what the thread is about, but yea you're not wrong about scripts for sure.
Loler

Post by Loler »

I dont know how it worked back in the day. I know they revamped all the specials like 8 years ago or so and dont know if fww was changed or not.
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Josh

Post by Josh »

FWW got revamped during SA or High seas I think, but during ML (based on publishes I read) it did 2 consecutive strikes and 20-50 damage scaling physical damage, I'd have to go find those publishes again though to tell you which ones had it in them.
Loler

Post by Loler »

Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna