Accepted OSI x Demise a few inaccuracies

Post your Demise bug reports here!
Grifo

OSI x Demise a few inaccuracies

Post by Grifo »

I decided that I will test some things on OSI (Atlantic or TestCenter) and post results with video here. I'll show you how it works there, if anyone wants to: compare the videos with demise. THEORIES WILL BE DISCARDED ONLY VIDEOS WILL BE DISCUSSED.

I initially chose 4 simple bugs due to lack of time this week.

1- Fields and a bit OSI CASTING
https://vimeo.com/331241432

2- Flood Bombs
https://vimeo.com/331241325

3- Nerve Strike
https://vimeo.com/331241624

4- Teleport / Shadow Jump near houses.
https://vimeo.com/331241849
Josh and Tagima like this.
Josh

Re: OSI x Demise

Post by Josh »

“Corrected damage calculation of special move: Nerve Strike damage is now a little more variable with a chance for zero to ten less damage” - publish 69
I think they nerfed nerve strike during Stygian abyss, that’s why it’s like that on Osi. I think nerve strike is accurate to osi during the ML cutoff.

Note: publish 46 has same note about 0-10 less damage but I’m not sure if they’re both additive, meaning it was 0-10 less from SE nerve strike (which was a shit ton) then 0-10 less from ML nerve strike (in the SA change) or if they mean the same from modifying the SE nerve strike.

Edit: Also, there’s no talk of changing the formula, but in pub 46, it talks about bushido scaling the damage of nerve strike, and your video shows no scaling of damage, I’m not sure if the nerve strike you’re talking about is only SA specific or if ML in included, I think the nerve strike is correct for osi ML.

If someone finds different inform us please.
Josh

Post by Josh »

I support the other changes besides nerve strike Bc idk if that’s how ML was on nerve and I’ve seen things that may conflict with current osi.

Also, break the throw pots from ground script! That shit is garbage and nullifies alchys in the chokepoint.
Grifo

Post by Grifo »

Since its origin in the OSI, the damage of the STRIKE NERVE is variable according to base-skill of bushido. What in Demise does not appear this variation, that is, following information: with 50 of bushido the damage is even 120.

We need to stop thinking about what is right for ERA ML and yes for what is right to balance the game at this point. ML version ended since 2008, there were not so many assists (Razor, EUO, UOS, ORION) and abusive macros. The game needs to be balanced by the current 2019 scenario. My suggestion is to use OSI-balanced balances and test results here.

it is interesting to remember that if we are to consider the current version of Demise many things that exist should not exist, using from argument.

Other point,
Just as MY suggestion: Just as the nerve is calculated based on actual bushido skill, the double-shot (yumi) should have the calculated damage based on bushido / ninjitsu. In MY conception would be the fair for all skills that need ninjitsu or bushido.

Some balancing needs to be done, blocking features of assists programs will not result in a solution, it will only limit access to fewer users since it is still possible to use other programs to develop more elaborate macros and that few will have access, in the EUO, slower than the UOS? yes, but functional and will only be restricted access, thus reducing competitiveness. Updates need to focus on PVP balancing through results and experiences. It is based on the OSI it is interesting that there is a test team, a discussion forum and an analysis of results per implementation, but some updates need to be done in favor of demise. PVP in demise differs in many ways from the OSI basically by the interface of the emulator (runUO)
Josh

Post by Josh »

Grifo wrote:Since its origin in the OSI, the damage of the STRIKE NERVE is variable according to base-skill of bushido. What in Demise does not appear this variation, that is, following information: with 50 of bushido the damage is even 120.
Maybe I misunderstood, you're saying nerve strike damage with 50 bushido is even with 120 bushido on demise or the damage is the same on osi?
As per yumi, I always thought that was interesting too.
Grifo

Post by Grifo »

Josh wrote:
Grifo wrote:Since its origin in the OSI, the damage of the STRIKE NERVE is variable according to base-skill of bushido. What in Demise does not appear this variation, that is, following information: with 50 of bushido the damage is even 120.
Maybe I misunderstood, you're saying nerve strike damage with 50 bushido is even with 120 bushido on demise or the damage is the same on osi?

I need test but my friends said nerve strike in demise hit 0-25 with 50 skill bushido. When 50 skill the damage is 0-15, 0-25 is 120 skill in real cap. Can record video testing damage in demise?
Josh

Post by Josh »

Grifo wrote:
Josh wrote:

I need test but my friends said nerve strike in demise hit 0-25 with 50 skill bushido. When 50 skill the damage is 0-15, 0-25 is 120 skill in real cap. Can record video testing damage in demise?
I misunderstood originally, my fault.
But I can video it sometime in the next week
Josh

Post by Josh »

Grifo wrote:
Josh wrote:

I did a test, 120 skill is 15-25, 50 skill is 0-10, everytime.
And 120 skill is supposed to be 15-25 according to the formula.

So as far as I know the only inaccuracy of nerve strike is when someone is paralyzed you can't hit them with the special a 2nd time (with the damage not the stun part).
Grifo

Post by Grifo »

Good! need test sucess % parablow considering skill. But damage formula correct sounds (very) good!
Loler

Post by Loler »

When nerve strike was initially introduced it was like this. The only way to get the extra damage when someone was paralyzed was if your hit spell (light or harm only) went off first which disrupted the cast before the nerve hit allowing the nerve strike (25 damage always at 120 at the time) to go off. When they changed it in pub 46 or we they made it so u get the damage bonus always but gave the damage range. They also took away the 2 second full stun which couldn't be broken by damage. I think they did that earlier then pub 46 but i don't remember. It should be documented in a publish archives.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.