Working As Intended trap crates

Closed bug reports will be moved here.
Bad Religion

trap crates

Post by Bad Religion »

trap crates dont behave here like they are supposed to and always have on osi. Very important mechanic for pvp.
Josh likes this.
The Silvertiger

Re: trap crates

Post by The Silvertiger »

Works in a non bug like fashion as intended just like explo pots.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Josh

Post by Josh »

The Silvertiger wrote:Works in a non bug like fashion as intended just like explo pots.
except explo pots were noted as a bug on osi's publish where they changed them. Trap crates have never been flagged as a bug nor changed and are very well known.
Bad Religion likes this.
The Silvertiger

Josh wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote:Works in a non bug like fashion as intended just like explo pots.
except explo pots were noted as a bug on osi's publish where they changed them. Trap crates have never been flagged as a bug nor changed and are very well known.
So being a bug for over 10 years vs being a bug for 20 years, I'm not satisfied. At one point it was stated that there were over 1100 bugs on the official servers not fixed nor in the process of being fixed.

I don't really care either way, but I get tired of seeing bumps and reposts. Yes, I have bumped a few myself, but I have seen the error of my ways. Also, I could be wrong, but I think Eos has started her vacay.
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Josh

Post by Josh »

The Silvertiger wrote:
Josh wrote:
So being a bug for over 10 years vs being a bug for 20 years, I'm not satisfied. At one point it was stated that there were over 1100 bugs on the official servers not fixed nor in the process of being fixed.

I don't really care either way, but I get tired of seeing bumps and reposts. Yes, I have bumped a few myself, but I have seen the error of my ways. Also, I could be wrong, but I think Eos has started her vacay.
Well, no my point wasn’t longevity of said bug my point was they probably don’t have intent to fix the bug Bc it is well-liked and well-known, I believe osi staff has been 100% aware of this trap crate for a very long time and think that if indeed is a bug, it’s benign. However, tracking explode pots were not considered benign.

As per bumping posts who cares? They can just ignore it if they don’t want it.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

They balanced the game using this "bug"
DG

Post by DG »

It seems that PvP on OSI doesn't need para blow a lot.There are splintering weapons to slow ppl down.It may be why OSI leaves trapped crates alone.
Grifo

Post by Grifo »

DG wrote:It seems that PvP on OSI doesn't need para blow a lot.There are splintering weapons to slow ppl down.It may be why OSI leaves trapped crates alone.
Perfect!
They are using Splintering and sleep for slow.
Josh

Post by Josh »

DG wrote:It seems that PvP on OSI doesn't need para blow a lot.There are splintering weapons to slow ppl down.It may be why OSI leaves trapped crates alone.
Dart boxes were around a lot longer than high seas and splintering wep/sleep.
DG

Post by DG »

Splintering property seems to be implemented since SA according to uoguide.The trapped crates bug may exist before SA.But I have no idea when it was discovered and became popular.

Imo,these trapped crates of low damage and infinite use will definitely ruin Para blow.Since Demise has no splintering weapons,PvP especially 1 on 1 would be boring if we had this,because you almost have no other way to slow down your opponent.
Vitek- likes this.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Trap crates I’m pretty sure we’re well known throughout all of ML, but you would had to ask others who played during that time.

Still begs the question why should parablow be so powerful? Why should it be 14-60 damage not including the dump? I’m all for a middle ground but 14-60 damages for trap pouches is retarded.

And splintering weapon/sleep are dumb.
Loler

Post by Loler »

There was a time you could use a poisoned trap crate to lower the poison level u had. So u get lethal poisoned and use poison crate (infinite charge) then you were lesser poisoned and ur vamp form would remove the poison. They knew about the crate at this time but instead of removing trap crates or changing them they made it so you couldn't lower your poison level by being poisoned again. This was around pub 35 or something
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Bad Religion and Josh like this.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Yah I remember this, it worked with spell poison and poison potions as well iirc.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

still not fixed, going on 5 years since first reported.
The Silvertiger

Closer to 15 years. You weren't the first. ;)
Selling List & Vendor