Completed Bolas

Post your Demise bug reports here!
3dot

Bolas

Post by 3dot »

Today:
U can trigger bolas, target enemy, ride on pet and run until range is good and take throw timer(bola throw timer)...
bolas throw range is higher too...

Ok it always worked on this way, but u cant read player journal, pets doesnt follow, players are using pet attack bug (using cushide,nm, other pets that u cant control) today. Ahhh, and today, cast is osi-eos accuracy, teleport cant work on house near, wall stone can be used til 15 range ...

Probably, this shouldnt work like it for new demise mechanic pvp.

Suggestion:
Bola throw range should be reviewed and if u want to dismount with bolas, u should stay on ground til take bolas throw timer. In other words, u will lose bola throw timer when u ride on pet.
isterico and tank like this.
Skrillex

Re: Bolas

Post by Skrillex »

Yesterday i got dismounted like that, a guy dismounted, cast bola, ride again , and when he wass on range, dismount and trow bola to me, but, i never saw that before, i mean, is that always worked like that? I dont think so, in others shards iv played, you had to stay on foot all the casting time
Skrillex#5409

The Boy Who Shattered Time
royal kapero2

Bolas, relation between the timer and the mount.

Post by royal kapero2 »

The bolas throwing timer does not reset when you are getting mounted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfv0WVz3S7k
Eos
Demise Administrator

Re: Bolas

Post by Eos »

The bola target should be getting cancelled as soon as you mount a pet, cast an ethereal or go into animal form. If you are in the process of casting an ethereal, clicking a bola will not work. (This has been fixed since 2015.)

However, it is possible to target someone, then remount during the 3 seconds it takes for the bola to be thrown. You will have to be unmounted again before the 3 seconds are up, or the bola will not work. (I believe this is how it worked on OSI when we looked at this last in 2015, but I cannot be sure as no publish notes mention changes to this specifically.)

On OSI today, the 10-second mount block is set on the thrower as soon as they target, so there is no way to ride a mount during those 3 seconds waiting for the throw. This does, however, allow the thrower to remount again sooner than the target.

Edit: Merged Royal Kapero's bug report with this one.
Eos
UOGDemise - Administrator

Please do not PM me for general support.
If you are experiencing game issues please send a help request in-game.

Thank you for your continued support of UOG: Demise.