New Enchanted Apples & Essence of Wind

Post your Demise bug reports here!
Anthony File

Enchanted Apples & Essence of Wind

Post by Anthony File »

UOGuide first mentions that Enchanted Apples have a cool-down of 30 seconds on January, 2012.

"Enchanted apples have a cool-down period of 30 seconds. They have a chance to fail depending on the level and number of curses applied to the user. Failure does not invoke the cool-down period." - https://www.uoguide.com/index.php?title ... on=history

None of the previous revisions before that state anything about a cool-down timer, it also states that they have a chance to fail based on level and number of active de-buffs.

Is there anyone here that is savvy with the OSI during the ML expansion and can verify whether apples had a cool-down during this era? Even if they had a cool-down, 30 seconds is a lot less punishing than the 120 second cool-down currently in place and would bring back some balance for mages.

_

The Essence of Wind de-buff on Demise had a custom change years back which gave the player under the negative effect of Essence of Wind a one-minute immunity if the de-buff were to naturally wear off (Immunity is not given if Remove Curse or Enchanted Apple is used).

This custom one-minute immunity (which is not OSI accurate) could be removed if the cool-down on Enchanted Apples was either lowered or removed entirely, which would promote further template diversity in PvP.
atomic chicken

Re: Enchanted Apples & Essence of Wind

Post by atomic chicken »

Anthony File wrote: June 11th, 2020, 5:28 am UOGuide first mentions that Enchanted Apples have a cool-down of 30 seconds on January, 2012.

"Enchanted apples have a cool-down period of 30 seconds. They have a chance to fail depending on the level and number of curses applied to the user. Failure does not invoke the cool-down period." - https://www.uoguide.com/index.php?title ... on=history

None of the previous revisions before that state anything about a cool-down timer, it also states that they have a chance to fail based on level and number of active de-buffs.

Is there anyone here that is savvy with the OSI during the ML expansion and can verify whether apples had a cool-down during this era? Even if they had a cool-down, 30 seconds is a lot less punishing than the 120 second cool-down currently in place and would bring back some balance for mages.

_

The Essence of Wind de-buff on Demise had a custom change years back which gave the player under the negative effect of Essence of Wind a one-minute immunity if the de-buff were to naturally wear off (Immunity is not given if Remove Curse or Enchanted Apple is used).

This custom one-minute immunity (which is not OSI accurate) could be removed if the cool-down on Enchanted Apples was either lowered or removed entirely, which would promote further template diversity in PvP.
I think I looked it up on uo.com, one of the patches mentions enchanted apples are 2 minutes during ML era. Although 30s apples would be cool.

I personally like the wind immunity, it makes timing wind way more valuable, rather than just wind spamming, that’s one custom change I do like. Although I wouldn’t Care if it was reverted to osi.
Loler

Post by Loler »

I think up to pub 45 apples had 0 CD but would fill your hunger up eating them. Essentially capping the amount you could eat in a short period. Candy food like candy canes and such could also be eaten at this time and for some reason added hunger to your character. I believe pub 45 added the 2 minute timer ill go check and see if its listed when I'm at my comp.

Wind is 100% custom change.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Anthony File likes this.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

https://www.uoguide.com/Publish_46

Enchanted Apples and Grapes of Wrath will now only be edible once every 120 seconds. The Grapes of Wrath will now have a duration of 20 seconds.

https://www.uoguide.com/Publish_71

Enchanted Apples:
Cool-down Increased to 30 ( is the word “increased“ a typo? )
They now have a chance to fail depending on the level and number of curses applied to the user.
Failure does not invoke the cool-down period.

So this tells me that there was a change somewhere between
2007 before the Demise cutoff
And
2011 after the Demise cutoff

Between ML launch and the 2007 publish 46 the timer was less than 2 minutes

To recap
Under 2 minutes ( I don’t remember them having a timer )

2 minutes

? to 2011
less than 30 seconds ( I don’t think this is right )

30 seconds

I can’t find it but I remember they made it so when eaten they don’t affect your hunger

I also remember doing the research on this many years ago. Many years ago.
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
MMMartin

Post by MMMartin »

here was much talk about wind in past, it was problem because resistant spell not give imunity again it and all was just loop wind and nothing else, so they make this change,

this was true for wildfire, they stack 10 wildfire with 10 player make 100 wildfire in 10x10 DEATH AREA

if we talk about hunger, why dont we add poitions in hunger area, eat 10x reflesh stamina poiton make you full, you know it can completly change all PVP xD, finaly make space for necromacy with stamina base damage and blocking system work efectivly
Loler

Post by Loler »

I was not talking about custom mechanics. I was talking about mechanics that were in the game before.

The original limitation to using unlimited apples when apples had no CD was the apples filled your hunger. When you were full you couldn't consume anymore. When they added the 2 minute Cool down they removed the hunger part of it.

Candy canes were also in limited supply back then as they were given out as Xmas rewards. I don't even know if it was an intended side effect or just one of the things that was put in people noticed it and used it for certain 1 v 1 fights.

Wildfire was changed because it wasn't accurate. I don't even know if the changed they made is accurate.

The wind change is purely a custom change. It was an intentional change but it is not OSI like.

Resist didn't give immunity to wind on osi. Just if you passed your resist check u didnt get the debuff. Kind of how like if you pass resist check on the poison spell u aren't poisoned. This is how it worked on OSI and u can resist the effect on demise too.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
MMMartin

Post by MMMartin »

yeap, it was make this way because before it was owerpowered and was definitle good fix
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Anthony File wrote: June 11th, 2020, 5:28 am UOGuide first mentions that Enchanted Apples have a cool-down of 30 seconds on January, 2012.

https://www.uogamers.com/community/thre ... ay.551091/
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈