New Mortal Strike Delay PLZ

Post your Demise bug reports here!
laughingman

Mortal Strike Delay PLZ

Post by laughingman »

Mortal Strike should have a 8 seconds delay just like paralyze. Otherwise archers are just chaining mortal strike over and over again and never have a chance to heal.

- Mortal Strike done to a target that is currently under the effects of mortal or immune will do 130% of normal damage and will no longer reset the mortal duration.

- The duration of Mortal strike attacks done using ranged weapons will be halved.

- An 8 second immunity timer is granted once Mortal is removed.
Skrillex

Re: Mortal Strike Delay PLZ

Post by Skrillex »

fix poisoning
Skrillex#5409

The Boy Who Shattered Time
3dot

Post by 3dot »

It's right that something is wrong...

Apple = 120s
Custom Cast Osi-like
Mortal = Stack (in row)

Suggestion: U could do mortal as parablow or should try to reduce apple time. ( based on osi )
Dysis
Demise Staff Member

Post by Dysis »

Greetings players, We're currently discussing how to balance mortal strike, since changes done to this particular skill were post ML.
Dysis
UO Demise - Game Master

PM me for general support.
If you are experiencing game issues please page for a staff member in-game.

Thank you for your continued support of UO: Demise.

Shard Rules - Last Publish - F.A.Q
mguerine

Post by mguerine »

Mortal spam is a thing to be changed since archers can have infinite mana with this HML formula. Maybe adding a 8s cooldown would be fair, just as parablow mechanism. Dont think that would be a drastically meta change, but pretty sure it will help to balance pvp. You guys from staff could make this change to the test server so players can test and decide upon it. :)
“Men fight wars. Women win them.”
Bad Seed likes this.
DG

Post by DG »

I have been an archer for years.Now I main a mage. From my experience and understanding of the game,mages are no underdogs compared to archers under current game mechanics. You should play tactic mages in order to compete with archers,especially in 1 on 1 scenarios.

Chaining mortal is for sure annoying.But after the mount change,most archers are ninja archers and mainly use a yumi. Chaining mortal + moving shot is a deadly weapon for alchemy archers. Its just not easy for ninja archers to do enough damage with a bow to chain mortal effectively. For alchemy archers,they are now pretty weak to dismounting.

There is certainly something needs to be done to balance archers. However I don't think it's a perfect timing to nerf every thing in PvP right now. Maybe come up with something to buff mages.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

DG wrote: November 8th, 2021, 4:13 pm I have been an archer for years.Now I main a mage. From my experience and understanding of the game,mages are no underdogs compared to archers under current game mechanics. You should play tactic mages in order to compete with archers,especially in 1 on 1 scenarios.

Chaining mortal is for sure annoying.But after the mount change,most archers are ninja archers and mainly use a yumi. Chaining mortal + moving shot is a deadly weapon for alchemy archers. Its just not easy for ninja archers to do enough damage with a bow to chain mortal effectively. For alchemy archers,they are now pretty weak to dismounting.

There is certainly something needs to be done to balance archers. However I don't think it's a perfect timing to nerf every thing in PvP right now. Maybe come up with something to buff mages.

Would you please explain this I don’t quite understand.

Archers are playing with crutches.

Ranged weapons should only leech half of the mana

Hit mana leech on weapons ( ex. 40% mana leech ) should not leech 40% every time it fires. It should be a number between 0% and 40 %

Mana leeching should also be tied to swing speed. The faster you swing the lower the amount you leech

https://www.uoguide.com/Hit_Mana_Leech
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Cunnana

Post by Cunnana »

laughingman wrote: August 15th, 2021, 4:43 pm Mortal Strike should have a 8 seconds delay just like paralyze. Otherwise archers are just chaining mortal strike over and over again and never have a chance to heal.

- Mortal Strike done to a target that is currently under the effects of mortal or immune will do 130% of normal damage and will no longer reset the mortal duration.

- The duration of Mortal strike attacks done using ranged weapons will be halved.

- An 8 second immunity timer is granted once Mortal is removed.

This publish is far far way from when Demise stopped....

Thats way players on demise need to stop playing same build on pvp.....When I stated at demise, u saw lots of builds on pvp.. chival warriors, necro warriors, all types on mages even players with taming on pvp.....Now everyone is parrying or bushido mage or archery and problems like that need to be discusse....
DG

Post by DG »

Bama wrote: November 8th, 2021, 6:29 pm
My argument purely comes from my own pvp experience.I have almost fought every active pvp archer on this shard as a mage.Before that,i mained an archer for years,got many wins on it.My conclusion so far is that mages are capable of handling archers in 1v1 scenarios.if you know what ur doing,chaining mortals is not that lethal to mages.

I dont think archers rely on Mana leech to pvp.The truth is you are going to run out of mana very quickly if holding down your mortal hotkey,even if your bow has 50% mana leech.Furthermore,no archer could mortal ppl to death.Ppl run in field fights.The killer combo is mortal + move shot.Current mana leech mechanic benefits archers?Yes.Make archers unstoppable?I doubt it.

Im not saying right now mages are stronger than archers in pvp.I do think archers need to be tweaked.Their defensive abilities seems too strong.You just cant only cast spells to do enough damage to them.Thats why i say tactic mages are better for fighting archers.

However,i dont think its good to tweak archers right now.Nerf everything will make pvp more inactive.What we need now,i think,is to provide new objectives for pvp.If coon drops trinkets,its very likely there are going to be a lot pvp in deceit.Just an example.

So thats why i dont think changing mortal or mana leech is a good idea to balance archers,especially its a custom change which is past our cutoff...
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

DG wrote: November 9th, 2021, 10:48 am
Bama wrote: November 8th, 2021, 6:29 pm
My argument purely comes from my own pvp experience.I have almost fought every active pvp archer on this shard as a mage.Before that,i mained an archer for years,got many wins on it.My conclusion so far is that mages are capable of handling archers in 1v1 scenarios.if you know what ur doing,chaining mortals is not that lethal to mages.

I dont think archers rely on Mana leech to pvp.The truth is you are going to run out of mana very quickly if holding down your mortal hotkey,even if your bow has 50% mana leech.Furthermore,no archer could mortal ppl to death.Ppl run in field fights.The killer combo is mortal + move shot.Current mana leech mechanic benefits archers?Yes.Make archers unstoppable?I doubt it.

Im not saying right now mages are stronger than archers in pvp.I do think archers need to be tweaked.Their defensive abilities seems too strong.You just cant only cast spells to do enough damage to them.Thats why i say tactic mages are better for fighting archers.

However,i dont think its good to tweak archers right now.Nerf everything will make pvp more inactive.What we need now,i think,is to provide new objectives for pvp.If coon drops trinkets,its very likely there are going to be a lot pvp in deceit.Just an example.

So thats why i dont think changing mortal or mana leech is a good idea to balance archers,especially its a custom change which is past our cutoff...
Thank you

I don’t believe the “ past our cutoff “ is a valid point anymore as the Staff has shown that the cut off point can be moved when they feel like moving it and if they feel like moving it.

But yes, mortal change is “ past the cutoff “ though mana leeching isn’t.

Glittering prizes
And endless compromises
Shatter the illusion
Of integrity
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
sayago

Post by sayago »

the idea of inputing a delay on mortal strike is very good imo, but i don't think it should be implemented at the moment because that envolves archers and meele users, although we mainly see archers on pvp scene. i'm not saying to stop looking at this change, but i don't think its viable right now, it will make the last small remainder of pvprs that are still playing take a break or leave the server.

instead I would suggest to keep this discussion here but maybe create another topic suggesting some sort of change that benefits everyone at the pvp scene, otherwise if we start debuffing templates, people are probaly going to leave. again don't get me wrong I just don't think its the right move at the moment we are where we only have a few groups of pvp

maybe changing the faction cooldown could bring some players back or at least instigate the current people to change their templates, like DG said, a lot of people are running specific templates just because of the mount, if the faction becomes more attractive, people can start trying different templates when in faction, since u can have a war horse and res it easily, and this will at least maybe rotate some templates on the field and get some diversity, or even switch from the old faction to the vvv vice vs virtue system adapted to our era, i.e removing faction traps and faction artifacts that comes included
Last edited by sayago on November 9th, 2021, 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cunnana

Post by Cunnana »

Demise need to fix explo pots delay