TC Update June 18, 2017 - OSI Casting

All discussion regarding the Demise Test Center shard.
desalonne

Re: TC Update June 18, 2017 - OSI Casting

Post by desalonne »

Actually necrodog even if you adjust them they won't be truly effective on this casting. The thing that makes scripts on demise so broken is your casting speed is so insanely quick it's near impossible to out play the speed at which steam will cast as opposed to what a person can do.

But on TC casting your scripts won't do anything. It won't be so soammable it can't be outplayed. If you would like your more than welcome edit your scripts and fight me on TC. I'll gladly make you look silly.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

atomic chicken wrote:
Tempest wrote:
Necrodog wrote:
Yes, it's not very good. They should have just slowed down recovery instead of purposefully introducing this "dropped spell" thing, which Eos claims is accurate.

Sounds like someone has his dick in a wad.

Just because you have never played with "True" casting, doesn't mean you have to hate on it. You holding down a button is the reason why you suck at this game, and you should be happy if this goes through instead of complaining.

P.S. - Your arsenal of game-breaking scripts that MB has issued will be unusable with this casting, perhaps this is the reason for your valiant efforts of bashing this topic.

Necrodog says "just increase the recovery" but homie that's what it is, it does it however long your spell was, that's how it is supposed to be, it incentivizes being smart with spells, allows recovering in a fight, while simply "adding recovery time" isnt enough, bc it still incentivizes spamming, which is what i think we should avoid, ask any of the people i've dueled, spamming is not the route to go, which is 90% of demise mage duels right now, which is boring and gross. While this casting rewards prediction, timing and holding spells (the third one i know some of you dont know what that is, it's when you cast a spell and dont use it until they cast something you want to disrupt). This casting is one of the closest interpretations of what osi casting is like. Many veteran players would flock to this server to play it if there was osi casting.
Also, status quo archers are hard hitters sure, I think malo is right that we need this casting and then address archers. I personally dont have that rough of a time vs archers. Beating an archer 1v1 is much harder than being 3 archers vs 3 mages, bc they rely on rng while the mages don't, and the factor of xheals (which no that's not just holding down a button that mini heals, it requires using gheals), disarms, bleed, para, sync dumping, etc. Any route you wanna go. I personally dropped an archer on this server with a book mage, and he ran into guardzone and I proceeded to kill him before he could call guards with a dump. I digress, it's not impossible to kill archers, the casting is beautiful, "the buggy disrupts" (as you put it) is meaningful and should stay with the casting bc utilizing that effectively is what separates good mages vs great mages. In conjunction, adding a fix to steam would greatly reduce archer effectiveness bc they wouldnt be able to use their steam macro scripts, which I think is the perfect solution to the problem. I think we start with casting first.

Honestly, dueling these last 2 days has been the funnest i've had in pvp in the last like 3 years.
They would just use EasyUO healing scripts instead if they arent already.
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

Bad Religion wrote: They would just use EasyUO healing scripts instead if they arent already.
True, they might, but normally that's not allowed on servers (might wanna rethink the policy here). And idk a solution to beating an external program like that personally bc I've never made a server. I mean they don't allow speedhacks, maybe scripts shouldn't be allowed? Also, rejecting an entire system bc some dudes abuse an external program to play the game should not happen. We are talking about trying to make the game as good as possible with the things we can control. Some people might find loopholes but that doesn't mean scripts are not mitigated some, and is not an argument as to why 2/6 casting is bad. Your argument was (idk if it was yours too but it as Anthony's) that archers are too strong and I contend that scripts are the reason for this and osi 2/6 would not have a big enough effect in the difficulty of mage v archer to matter. A good mage can beat a good archer (and vice versa). We need something done about scripting in pvp as well, this has been a supporting argument I've had throughout the post. But I think casting is the proper place to start.
Vitek-

Post by Vitek- »

atomic chicken wrote:Your argument was (idk if it was yours too but it as Anthony's) that archers are too strong and I contend that scripts are the reason for this and osi 2/6 would not have a big enough effect in the difficulty of mage v archer to matter. A good mage can beat a good archer (and vice versa).
/disagree

Nobody uses crossbows on OSI. On here, concussion blows people the fuck up and gets stronger as the fight goes on since mana goes down to keep HP up. That *absolutely* needs to be adjusted for accuracy if the casting fix for accuracy goes in.

Also, diminshing returns was introduced in Pub57 along with Champ artifacts, and it isn't implemented here. Spamming mortal at full timer over and over, while having a broken concussion blow mechanic will imbalance the game very dramatically. Having both specials on the same bow with hit lightning is just insult to injury.
Discord: Critical#2911
fish, bass
desalonne

Post by desalonne »

Vitek- your arguement doesn't have anything to do with the casting tho. It sounds more like there's some balancing issues with casting as is that need to be addressed.

Fixing casting tho will forsure assist in making the script mages learn the game and stop holding 1 button which would overall increase the pvp community as a whole. Not only from people learning to be good but from the amount of good players that would return to enjoy such casting
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

Vitek- wrote:
atomic chicken wrote:Your argument was (idk if it was yours too but it as Anthony's) that archers are too strong and I contend that scripts are the reason for this and osi 2/6 would not have a big enough effect in the difficulty of mage v archer to matter. A good mage can beat a good archer (and vice versa).
/disagree

Nobody uses crossbows on OSI. On here, concussion blows people the fuck up and gets stronger as the fight goes on since mana goes down to keep HP up. That *absolutely* needs to be adjusted for accuracy if the casting fix for accuracy goes in.

Also, diminshing returns was introduced in Pub57 along with Champ artifacts, and it isn't implemented here. Spamming mortal at full timer over and over, while having a broken concussion blow mechanic will imbalance the game very dramatically. Having both specials on the same bow with hit lightning is just insult to injury.
Right, it's true that some use xbows, but most the dudes I fight tend to use regular bows, yumis and heavys, now some do use xbows. I think the problem you're describing is not a big enough justification to say "we shouldn't have osi casting" I think it's a better argument to say we also need to fix mortal diminishing returns. Im not saying archers aren't strong (even if i mayve hinted at that) rather im saying they're beatable, I personally don't have too much trouble but I also play a wrestle parry mage to make sure I don't get dismounted. I think other issues need to also be addressed like apple timers (2 min is just obscene to me) and mortal diminishing returns, bc that'd give archers the nerf they need.
Vitek-

Post by Vitek- »

Yea I wasn't advocating either way. The mechanics are okay right now when combined with quick casting but both diminishing returns and concussion need fixed along with it if it happens or archers will pretty much win every 1v1. Also, would we want to also include the 15 tile field range that's always been on OSI??
fish, bass
desalonne

Post by desalonne »

Is osi 15 tiles? I was under the impression is was no more than max of 12. I'm use to playing 10 tile mage casting tho.
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

It's 10 tiles for osi, 12 tiles for just teleport, 15 for fields.
I dont suggest doing the fields, personally. OSI isnt perfect, I like the casting though.
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Vitek- wrote:Yea I wasn't advocating either way. The mechanics are okay right now when combined with quick casting but both diminishing returns and concussion need fixed along with it if it happens or archers will pretty much win every 1v1. Also, would we want to also include the 15 tile field range that's always been on OSI??

Ever heard of disarm?

Guess not.
I T-Bagged Vander's corpse and he came back from the dead and attempted to bite my nutsack.
Reefer

Post by Reefer »

10 tiles for spells, 12 for teleportation, 15 for fields.
Vitek-

Post by Vitek- »

Tempest wrote:
Vitek- wrote:Yea I wasn't advocating either way. The mechanics are okay right now when combined with quick casting but both diminishing returns and concussion need fixed along with it if it happens or archers will pretty much win every 1v1. Also, would we want to also include the 15 tile field range that's always been on OSI??

Ever heard of disarm?

Guess not.
Don't sass me.
fish, bass
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Vitek- wrote:
Tempest wrote:

Ever heard of disarm?

Guess not.
Don't sass me.
Touche.
I T-Bagged Vander's corpse and he came back from the dead and attempted to bite my nutsack.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

The easyuo script is allowed due to steam having the same capabilities. The difference is that euo can do it in the background while uos it has to be written in every script or have it lead to the script or toggling it on every 2 seconds.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Reefer

Post by Reefer »

Easyuo fucks up.