Make Poison a viable skill!!!

All discussion regarding the Demise Test Center shard.
atomic chicken

Re: Make Poison a viable skill!!!

Post by atomic chicken »

Fuck you vander! No! :P
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

atomic chicken wrote:Fuck you vander! No! :P
Not an admin so dont count!
Necrodog

Post by Necrodog »

You know, it's not easy to kill people with straight up dmg on here. You can just run away in most situations, and to get the big combo damage people usually end up running templates with 0 med because of tactics requirement, and with the fast casting dmg output is low compared to how fast you can heal. RNG plays a big element, so it is really costly if you miss one hit with 0 med, since you will just run out of mana.

I like most of Morto's suggestions. IDK exactly how all of these changes would work, but sticky specials and no tactics requirement, as I have said before, should be implemented.

DS for 35 dmg with 120 ninja and no stealth is NOT OP. Casting is so fast you could miniheal through it 90% of the time unless the guy doing it knows how to combo.

No hpi cap seems ok too lol. No point to have that 30hpi helmet when cap is 25.

Evasion not having any cooldown sounds retarded.

As for nerve strike, idk... unbreakable para sounds really bad even if its only 2 seconds, but there's the possibility that it could work. Only concern is how annoying it would be with teleport spam and "targettilerelative" macros.

EOS/Selene/etc... keep in mind, what you do on TC doesn't matter at all ;) feel free to implement it and run polls as to how well it works.

P.S. can you change default casting on tc back to demise casting and just leave option to duel on osi casting in the arena? TY
Loler

Post by Loler »

120 ninja was 40 damage ds 52 with joat tracking.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Vitek- likes this.
desalonne

Post by desalonne »

make cure potions not 100% chance to cure LP....especially considering the amount of ecrus on the server, it needs to be adjusted to allow for melee dexxers to be viable. at this point LP is relatively useless as 1 cure pot instant cures it.

Selene did mention she would be fixing the teleport weapon spec use. so nerve strike being reverted to its original non breakable para would not be a problem.
Loler

Post by Loler »

It still has a 10 second resist and is 1 secone shorter then standard para
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Necrodog

Post by Necrodog »

desalonne wrote:make cure potions not 100% chance to cure LP....especially considering the amount of ecrus on the server, it needs to be adjusted to allow for melee dexxers to be viable. at this point LP is relatively useless as 1 cure pot instant cures it.
It's like 95% but yeah should be lower even at gm alchemy and 50ep.
desalonne wrote:Selene did mention she would be fixing the teleport weapon spec use. so nerve strike being reverted to its original non breakable para would not be a problem.
cool cool cool
Silent Shadow likes this.
Silent Shadow

Post by Silent Shadow »

guys, what quest gives Parasitic poison recipe?
WTB Ring 50 EP HCI DCI (up to 20kk)
Skrillex

Post by Skrillex »

Silent Shadow wrote:guys, what quest gives Parasitic poison recipe?
Dude, its the same shitt like deadly, i test it, and actually i wear parasitic/darkglow on my warrior, shitty poisoning, GMs dont want to make poisoning viable
Skrillex#5409

The Boy Who Shattered Time
Josh

Post by Josh »

Parasitic is supposed to be like deadly poison, they both can be bumped up to lethal poison with a weapon, it's just you get a small amount of hp back if you're 1 tile away from the poisoned target, that's the only difference between applying deadly poison and parasitic.

I think the problem is the cure pots are currently overpowered here.
Silent Shadow

Post by Silent Shadow »

cure pots/ep should be nerfed at least in half
without that we will keep playing archers and mages only to the end of days :?
WTB Ring 50 EP HCI DCI (up to 20kk)
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

We still await staffs attention to this issue, make more templates viable pls!
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

come on staff lets get a response, its not gonna break the game to make poison a viable skill in pvp.
isterico

Post by isterico »

Loler wrote:If you want more template diversity instead of going passed demise cut off why not go before publish 46?
When you could deathstrike without hiding and stealth.
When you had sticky specials and didnt need tactics to special.
nerve strike isnt breakable by damage.
enchanted apples dont have a timer but instead is limited by food consumption.
No hpi cap.
no ep cap and ecrus have 75 ep.
No 20 second cool down on evasion.
it was the last gold era of uo. but not for settings.. cuz wow and other stuff was still too young for compare.
came on, that was unbalanced. ds with the archer was crazy op. and the nerve ridiculus.
it could work in a massive gameplay scenario, not on demise and other little shards of a retrogame like this.

what i see, that i miss here are pvp melees. and poison enanching may be the best way to have they back.
Loler

Post by Loler »

most of the things i listed would make pvp bearable as melee thats part of the problem. the era that came when all these nerfs happened dexxers were non existent on osi as well.

Everyone was an archer a necro mage. a weaver mage. or a necro weaver mage. You had your stray tactics mage here or there your stray poison mage here or there (with tactics of course) and a few pure mages left over. The very few melee players left over were usually bokuto tamers or 4/6 chiv poisoners, but after the ninja nerf they were really bad.
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna