Dawn's Music Box Gears +++

Closed bug reports will be moved here.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Dawn's Music Box Gears +++

Post by Bama »

I'm not sure if it is a bug or not because I do not know which gears are available on Demise

On OSI they added more when SA was added

I think this is the list of the gears that are/were available pre SA

40 COMMON GEARS

Ambrosia
Boat Travel
Britain
Britain (Positive)
Buc's Den
City Night
Cove
Death Tune
Dragons (High)
Dragons (Low)
Dungeon
Gargoyles
Good vs. Evil
Humanoids
Jhelom
Linelle
British's Castle
Minoc (Positive)
Moonglow (Positive)
New Magincia
Nujel'm
Overlord
Pub Tune
Skara Brae (Positive)
Stones
Stones (Alternative)
Taiko
Tavern 1
Tavern 2
Tavern 3
Tokuno Dungeon
Trinsic (Positive)
Turfin
Valoria (Positive)
Vesper
Victory
Walking
Yew
Yew (Positive)
Zento

12 UNCOMMON GEARS

Conversation With Gwenno
Dread Horn Area
Elf City
Good End Game (U9)
Good Vs. Evil (U9)
Great Earth Serpent's Theme
Grizzle Dungeon
Humanoids (U9)
Melisandes' Lair
Minoc (Negative) (U9)
Paroxysmus' Lair
Paws (U9)

4 RARE GEARS

Selim's Bar (Strike Command)
Ultima VII / Serpent Isle
Valoria Ships (U9)
The Wanderer

The Wanderer gear was only available on OSI by handing in 10 books of truth
http://www.uoguide.com/Veritae%27s_Music_Box_Gear
Veritae's Music Box Gear is a rare music gear that was obtained by completing the now-defunct Veritae's Plea quest. At the time, one had to turn in 10 Book of Truth to get the music box gear. Placing it in Dawn's Music Box will make available The Wanderer music selection. Double-click the gear and target the music box to place it inside

Do we have or did we have this is quest?
If not
Is this gear available as a drop by killing Betrayers/Blackthorn Juggernauts/Golems

Speaking of Betrayers and Blackthorn Juggernauts

Betrayer
http://uo.stratics.com/database/view.ph ... ers&id=108
That link says that it has a chance to drop a level 5 map

Blackthorn Juggernaut
http://uo.stratics.com/database/view.ph ... ers&id=117
That link does not say they drop maps

They both drop power crystals so I looted the crystals to keep a count of how many of those creatures I have killed
In the last week and a half (though I have been farming the gears for about 3 weeks) I have a total of 361 crystals
I have not had 1 map drop as loot no problem just bad luck I guess

Now the way I understand it, only creatures that drop maps can and will drop chests if they spawn as paragons
So after killing 361 (though I killed more before I started to keep track of the kills) I have a total of:
0 maps
1 chest from a Betrayer
1 chest from a Juggernaut

If the Juggernaut is not suppose to drop a map how does it drop a chest
Also you got to figure that after all of those kills 1 map should have dropped even with my luck right?
Syn_5-19_08.36.jpg
Syn_5-19_08.36.jpg (201.64 KiB) Viewed 2147 times
Syn_5-19_08.36-1.jpg
Syn_5-19_08.36-1.jpg (201.42 KiB) Viewed 2147 times
Syn_5-18_13.46-1.jpg
Syn_5-18_13.46-1.jpg (199.26 KiB) Viewed 2147 times
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
The Silvertiger

Re: Dawn's Music Box Gears +++

Post by The Silvertiger »

Probably would have been less time consuming to check the code for maps and chests...
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

The Silvertiger wrote:Probably would have been less time consuming to check the code for maps and chests...
How so.......

.........I'm farming gears I just happened to notice that I wasn't seeing any maps drop from the Betrayers.
I wasn't expecting to see any maps from the Juggernauts (and I didn't get any) but I did get a chest from one which from what I understand means that on Demise they should/could/might drop maps but shouldn't according to the research I did

The power crystals I used as counters but came up with another idea for them (Amish may not be happy)

I also found a few other bugs/inconsistencies while I was consuming "MY" time in a less than efficient way to how you consume "YOUR" time

Anyway ..........

......are you going to contribute any data for or against this or are you just going to "nottheking" all over it
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Eos
Demise Administrator

Post by Eos »

Betrayers and Juggernauts are both configured to drop level 5 treasure maps. However, if you're killing them in Ilshenar, they won't. Treasure maps only drop in Felucca and Trammel. Paragon chests can still be dropped (as you have found).

As for the gears, the only rare tracks we have are:
  • Selim's Bar (Strike Command)
  • Ultima VII / Serpent Isle
  • Valoria Ships (U9)
The Wanderer is indeed missing.
Eos
UOGDemise - Administrator

Please do not PM me for general support.
If you are experiencing game issues please send a help request in-game.

Thank you for your continued support of UOG: Demise.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Eos wrote:Betrayers and Juggernauts are both configured to drop level 5 treasure maps. However, if you're killing them in Ilshenar, they won't. Treasure maps only drop in Felucca and Trammel. Paragon chests can still be dropped (as you have found).

As for the gears, the only rare tracks we have are:
  • Selim's Bar (Strike Command)
  • Ultima VII / Serpent Isle
  • Valoria Ships (U9)

Where in Trammel/Felucca do they spawn?

Edit
Wait a minute
Is this map dropping thing on OSI because there you get maps for all the facets?
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Bama wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote:Probably would have been less time consuming to check the code for maps and chests...
How so.......

.........I'm farming gears I just happened to notice that I wasn't seeing any maps drop from the Betrayers.
I wasn't expecting to see any maps from the Juggernauts (and I didn't get any) but I did get a chest from one which from what I understand means that on Demise they should/could/might drop maps but shouldn't according to the research I did

The power crystals I used as counters but came up with another idea for them (Amish may not be happy)

I also found a few other bugs/inconsistencies while I was consuming "MY" time in a less than efficient way to how you consume "YOUR" time

Anyway ..........

......are you going to contribute any data for or against this or are you just going to "nottheking" all over it
Look back when I played osi, it wasn't like this. I guess I'll go look through updates.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."