Invalid Frenzied Whirlwind is absolutely unusable, please fix.

Closed bug reports will be moved here.
Anthony File

Re: Frenzied Whirlwind is absolutely unusable, please fix.

Post by Anthony File »

""Why is the weapon special Frenzied Whirlwind so much worse than regular Whirlwind? Is it bugged?"
It's not bugged - it's doing exactly what it's supposed to do, which is 3-5 Physical damage, twice (which goes up against Physical resist, which is why people are only seeing 1-2 damage.) However, for the mana cost, that seemed... slightly silly, so Wilki gave it a substantial boost (to 20-50 for two ticks) which should make it actually useful. (You should see this change in the next publish, usual caveats about QA applying.)"

I believe the two ticks of 20-50 physical damage scaled with Ninjitsu/Bushido skill would be a good change, the second damage tick being completely avoidable if affected player moves one tile. Reminds me similarly of deathstrike, which scales based on skill and has potential to do a huge amount of damage but can be avoided completely just by standing still a couple seconds.

Thank you for this documentation Arden.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Arden wrote: (You should see this change in the next publish, usual caveats about QA applying.)
If you read through the FoF's you will see this a lot. They would make new systems and never implement them simply due to the importance of other things:
Proficiencies were first brought up in 2006. Due to various reasons such as bug fixes, balancing, and company acquisitions, it finally made it to servers, I believe, in 2015 under the moniker "masteries".

Having a special do 1-2 dmg vs armor... twice... is a joke. It's no wonder they wanted to change it.

Edit: How did you miss Publish 50:

Edit #1,000,000: here's a link to uo.com if you don't trust uoguide:
Imageclickthepic.jpg
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Anthony File likes this.
Josh

Post by Josh »

I mean these fixes were already proposed and publishes found by me on earlier posts when frenzy was broken. Imagine if the staff actually fucking listened and fixed bugs... cu’s, mana leech, ward removal talisman, evasion, nerve strike, trap boxes, line of sight, fields range + spreading, blood oath, etc....
The Silvertiger

They fixed it then chose to add a cooldown. Why? B/c hz was too strong, of course. [It's a joke. Pls laugh even though it's not funny.]
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Arden

Post by Arden »

The Silvertiger wrote:
Arden wrote: (You should see this change in the next publish, usual caveats about QA applying.)
If you read through the FoF's you will see this a lot. They would make new systems and never implement them simply due to the importance of other things:
Proficiencies were first brought up in 2006. Due to various reasons such as bug fixes, balancing, and company acquisitions, it finally made it to servers, I believe, in 2015 under the moniker "masteries".

Having a special do 1-2 dmg vs armor... twice... is a joke. It's no wonder they wanted to change it.

Imageclickthepic.jpg

Not sure how I missed that... prob doing it half asleep. I was using a search function to search archived files.
Possibly how it was transcribed/filed.

Nice find. So the question is when does Demise pull from osi. 2008 seems pretty damn late. But that version is still WAY better than what Demise had. It also doesn’t understand the world of steam.
The Silvertiger

Demise obviously went custom here with the delay[possibly to balance steam/scripting].

Atomic chicken is Josh? Whoever AC is tried to addin the bush/ninja scaling to publish 50, but I'm guessing Eos saw past that.

I'm not sure even Eos knows what part of ML she's basing the server on. If the delay was an attempt to curb scripting, I applaud the attempt.

The best we can really hope for is balance with a ML theme rather than restraint, which has been along the lines of current bug fixes/custom mechanics.
Selling List & Vendor

Josh

Post by Josh »

The Silvertiger wrote:They fixed it then chose to add a cooldown. Why? B/c hz was too strong, of course. [It's a joke. Pls laugh even though it's not funny.]
#nerfhz #hzis#1
Josh

Post by Josh »

Arden wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote:

Imageclickthepic.jpg

Not sure how I missed that... prob doing it half asleep. I was using a search function to search archived files.
Possibly how it was transcribed/filed.

Nice find. So the question is when does Demise pull from osi. 2008 seems pretty damn late. But that version is still WAY better than what Demise had. It also doesn’t understand the world of steam.
Demise cutoff is last patch of ML I believe, so 2008 isn’t too late, SA came out Sept 2009.
Josh

Post by Josh »

The Silvertiger wrote:Demise obviously went custom here with the delay[possibly to balance steam/scripting].

Atomic chicken is Josh? Whoever AC is tried to addin the bush/ninja scaling to publish 50, but I'm guessing Eos saw past that.

I'm not sure even Eos knows what part of ML she's basing the server on. If the delay was an attempt to curb scripting, I applaud the attempt.

The best we can really hope for is balance with a ML theme rather than restraint, which has been along the lines of current bug fixes/custom mechanics.
Atomic chicken was me yeah.
Vander Nars likes this.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Josh wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote:Demise obviously went custom here with the delay[possibly to balance steam/scripting].

Atomic chicken was me yeah.
I miss atomic chicken bring him back!
Josh likes this.
Anthony File

Post by Anthony File »

Was the intention to make this weapon completely useless in both PvM/PvP? There were numerous fixes mentioned in this thread that I believe should be looked into and tested.
The Silvertiger

Josh wrote: September 3rd, 2019, 1:31 am
The Silvertiger wrote: September 2nd, 2019, 11:38 pm
Josh wrote: September 2nd, 2019, 9:38 pm
I don’t think later publish of FWW would be good, too op. I’ve posted what the damage is supposed to be 2 diff pre-ml publishes. 2 consecutive strikes phys damage of 20-50 (total) scaling with ninja or bush skill.
The scaling is from a post ML publish. Publish 50 didn't have the scaling.
https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/ ... -february/

no, this was a publish from feb 2008, so ML

Pub 50 wasnt posted in the archives until 2016, but it is from 2008. Isn't the cutoff the publish right before SA so 59?

Publish 60 is when Stygian Abyss came out
It doesn't specify scaling there like it does in the post-ML publish is what I'm saying. It appears to be 20-50 random.
Selling List & Vendor

Josh

Post by Josh »

maybe ur right, i dont care enough to look right now, might later.
The Silvertiger

Publish 81:
"Frenzied Whirlwind, now deals scaled damage based on Ninjitsu/Bushido skill levels within a two tile radius over 2 seconds. Applies a movement slow to its initial target if it is player. The initial delay of damage over time has been removed."

However, I think the 15 second delay should be replaced with the scaling. 3 ticks is fine. How badly this was nerfed makes you wonder if Eos died to this during PvP at Brit gate. :lol:

It seems 20-50 per strike is not per tick but overall dmg as well. With Arden's calculation vs 70 physical 14-35 this is like giving everyone an AI within 2 tiles unless they move out of the way which would make it 4-11 per tick. This is still dmg wise weaker than a normal whirlwind. How much does 1 wither do vs 70 cold?

By adding a 15 second timer the main [only reason?] reason for using this special is nullified: the disrupts.
Selling List & Vendor

royal kapero2

Post by royal kapero2 »

Bump.

The reason for nerfing was broken casting.

Casting has been fixed.

The reason does not exist anymore.