Completed Red books

Closed bug reports will be moved here.
Arthrutus

Red books

Post by Arthrutus »

So I am experiencing issues with the red books. Apparently the text being written on the first page does not stay in the book when you close and re-open it. Here are some pictures confirming the issue:

Additionally, when attempting to copy and paste text onto the second page of the book, reopening it will cause the font to shift and symbols to appear. The whole text then disappears when you open it for a second time.

I did not test this with the blue/purplish book but i suspect it to have the same issue. This may be a client-side issue but I am not sure. Please let me know if this is the case.
Attachments
1.png
1.png (42.38 KiB) Viewed 8753 times
2.png
2.png (177.13 KiB) Viewed 8753 times
3.png
3.png (147.74 KiB) Viewed 8753 times
4.png
4.png (146.93 KiB) Viewed 8753 times
5.png
5.png (148.54 KiB) Viewed 8753 times
The Silvertiger

Re: Red books

Post by The Silvertiger »

Did you try sealing it with plant thingy red something? I'm not saying there isn't a bug here, just asking.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Arthrutus wrote: November 17th, 2019, 7:27 pm So I am experiencing issues with the red books. Apparently the text being written on the first page does not stay in the book when you close and re-open it. Here are some pictures confirming the issue:

Additionally, when attempting to copy and paste text onto the second page of the book, reopening it will cause the font to shift and symbols to appear. The whole text then disappears when you open it for a second time.

I did not test this with the blue/purplish book but i suspect it to have the same issue. This may be a client-side issue but I am not sure. Please let me know if this is the case.

I think it only happens if you write a full page

If you only write halfway the writing will stay.

The boy was showing me this a few weeks ago
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Arthrutus

Post by Arthrutus »

Bama wrote: November 19th, 2019, 12:06 am
Arthrutus wrote: November 17th, 2019, 7:27 pm So I am experiencing issues with the red books. Apparently the text being written on the first page does not stay in the book when you close and re-open it. Here are some pictures confirming the issue:

I think it only happens if you write a full page

If you only write halfway the writing will stay.

The boy was showing me this a few weeks ago
That aligns with what I've been experiencing. Major Bug!
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Arthrutus wrote: November 19th, 2019, 12:25 am

That aligns with what I've been experiencing. Major Bug!
Dark_11-18_18.26.jpg
Dark_11-18_18.26.jpg (218.91 KiB) Viewed 8724 times
Dark_11-18_18.27.jpg
Dark_11-18_18.27.jpg (213.64 KiB) Viewed 8724 times
Dark_11-18_18.27-1.jpg
Dark_11-18_18.27-1.jpg (212.55 KiB) Viewed 8724 times
Dark_11-18_18.27-2.jpg
Dark_11-18_18.27-2.jpg (213.89 KiB) Viewed 8724 times
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

It happens to all 3 types of books but only if you fill the page. You don't have to close the book and open it again. Clicking the book while it is open will delete the full pages in the book

Here is an added BONUS bug it only happens with the "blue" book
While I was pasting into the book to see if other "full" pages would be deleted this showed up

Dark_11-19_12.34.jpg
Dark_11-19_12.34.jpg (237.16 KiB) Viewed 8708 times
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Arthrutus

Post by Arthrutus »

Bama wrote: November 19th, 2019, 5:42 pm

It happens to all 3 types of books but only if you fill the page. You don't have to close the book and open it again. Clicking the book while it is open will delete the full pages in the book

Here is an added BONUS bug it only happens with the "blue" book
While I was pasting into the book to see if other "full" pages would be deleted this showed up

Dark_11-19_12.34.jpg
I have experienced the bonus bug as well with the red book when copying and pasting.
Eos
Demise Administrator

Post by Eos »

OSI changed the maximum line count per page from 8 to 10 in Publish 106 (client 7.0.79.6). Demise will now accept 10 lines per page as well, so the books should work again. :)
Eos
UOGDemise - Administrator

Please do not PM me for general support.
If you are experiencing game issues please send a help request in-game.

Thank you for your continued support of UOG: Demise.