Invalid |Close Thread, Thanks|

Closed bug reports will be moved here.
Anthony File

|Close Thread, Thanks|

Post by Anthony File »

*Edit* - TIL Fey =/= Pixie.

Summoned Fey on Demise had a previous custom change which made it so that they have heavily lowered stats & skills in comparison to normal world spawns of these mobs.

This is what a Pixie looks likes when summoned on Demise -
Pixie.png
Pixie.png (63.99 KiB) Viewed 4048 times
Pixie2.png
Pixie2.png (40.33 KiB) Viewed 4048 times

_

The custom Fey change should be reverted so that they have the following base stats & skills -
  • Hit Points - 13 - 18
    Stamina - 301 - 400
    Mana - 201 - 250
    Strength - 21 - 30
    Dexterity - 301 - 400
    Intelligence - 201 - 250
    Magery - 90.1 - 100
    Evaluating Intelligence - 90.1 - 100
    Meditation - 90.1 - 100
    Resisting Spells - 100.5 - 150
_

Interestingly enough UOGuide also states the following, which is not accurate to Demise -
"Guarding faries won't attack an aggressor, which may be a bug."

If Pixies were to be buffed up it would promote the following:
  • Further PvP Template Diversity
    Significant Buff to Spellweaving Field Mages
    Encourage Players to use lower tier mounts instead of Cu Sidhes
These buffed pixies while potentially overwhelming are also easily dealt with due to their very low base hit points.

Effective counters for them would be to simply use AoE - Mass Dispel/Wither/Thunder/Wind/Wildfire/Earthquake/Meteor Swarm/Lightning Arrow/Conflags/Confusion Blasts/Weapon Hit Area etc.

They also can be countered by just running out of their line of sight range.

The mana cost for summoning fey is also quite heavy which would prevent people for continuously summoning them.
Last edited by Anthony File on June 11th, 2020, 12:41 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Re: Summon Fey

Post by Bama »

Anthony File wrote: June 11th, 2020, 5:59 am Summoned Fey on Demise had a previous custom change which made it so that they have heavily lowered stats & skills in comparison to normal world spawns of these mobs.
Where else do these lesser fey spawn?

How about lesser fiends?

Why are you ok with those?

What do you mean by they had a custom change?

The summon fey is not a pixie
The summon fiend is not an imp ( still need to know why you don’t mention these)

Lesser fey and everything to do with the spell weaving skill and I repeat EVERYTHING was coded in wrong on Demise.

EVERYTHING!!

Not 1 spell was right .....not 1
JOAT still isn’t right
Think about that before going on about custom changes.

You go on OSI with a friend and you both make the naked weaver template that was so popular on Demise
Then the 2 of you go kill Lady Mel using those LESSER fey.

If you can’t find a friend try the same template and go kill an ancient wyrm or a para greater dragon
Kill any of those and post your results
Don’t forget to recall into sanctuary to get your arcane focus
Get your full spell weaving book in heartwood for 50k
II will wait here playing the banjo

I was shocked that you didn’t want the mana cost reverted.
Please can we be able to summon 5 PIXIES at the cost of 6 mana again? I mean look at all the ways I can deal with them.
LOL Custom Change LOL
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Anthony File

Post by Anthony File »

Bama, I don't mean to have gotten you all flustered and I do so deeply apologize for my lack of knowledge of the official game during this era. You've got to keep in mind that I had only started playing UO here in recent times.

I do know that once upon a time though the summoned pixies on Demise had much higher magery & evaluating intelligence, it was at one point viable to run around with them summoned on the field. As to how accurate that was... I'm not entirely sure as again, I never played OSI unfortunately.

I didn't mention imps as I do not have that quest done to have given an example of the stats/skills, but I did look them up on UOGuide and they did appear to have much lower evaluating intelligence than pixies.

Anyways - if you would like to further share your knowledge of accurate mechanics pertaining to Summon Fey & Summon Imps, it would genuinely be appreciated.
Anthony File

Post by Anthony File »

It appears there is a difference from Fey & Pixies, which I did not know.

According to UOStratics, these are the stats/skills of Fey summoned with the spellweaving spell - https://uo.stratics.com/database/view.p ... rs&id=3050

Which by all means appears to be accurate, sorry for the wasted thread.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Bama wrote: June 11th, 2020, 10:24 am If you can’t find a friend try the same template and go kill an ancient wyrm or a para greater dragon
Kill any of those and post your results
Don’t forget to recall into sanctuary to get your arcane focus
Get your full spell weaving book in heartwood for 50k
II will wait here playing the banjo

I was shocked that you didn’t want the mana cost reverted.
Please can we be able to summon 5 PIXIES at the cost of 6 mana again? I mean look at all the ways I can deal with them.
LOL Custom Change LOL
wait... you can recall into sanctuary!? Missing Phil and the weavers... He did pop in discord for a sec, tho.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."