Discuss what you see

Let loose about your latest battles and other PVP shenanigans here. (This section is still subject to moderation.)
The Silvertiger

Re: Discuss what you see

Post by The Silvertiger »

I saw him about a month ago. It was around 4am est. He was defending Anthony's city of the dead, but unable to kill my samp on his archer. Maybe it was my city, but either way he was unable to kill me, but Anthony + spawn was.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Josh

Post by Josh »

The Silvertiger wrote:I saw him about a month ago. It was around 4am est. He was defending Anthony's city of the dead, but unable to kill my samp on his archer. Maybe it was my city, but either way he was unable to kill me, but Anthony + spawn was.
1 duque sighting! Nice thanks for the info.
The Silvertiger

It gives you a time zone
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Loler

Post by Loler »

Alvin wrote:
Loler wrote:Tbh ive given up hope as well so I'm not really pushing for fixes or changes anymore. I've been here for 3 1/2 years now and they rarely listen to me. I probably don't cry enough so they just ignore me but oh well. I'll still play here but unless they approach me now I'm done trying to help unless they come ask my opinion which i doubt they will.
Oh, no... what will the server do without your whining...
"Hey, Loler, i wonder how should we run our server, could you please give us your precious opinion?"
More like hey Loler you clearly have a decent understanding of game mechanics. You played OSI era and have been pretty accurate with the majority of the things you posted do you know how to properly test for this or that. Do you know how this functioned. It's all good though like I said I've given up trying to help without being asked a specific question from staff.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Loler wrote:
Alvin wrote:
Loler wrote:Tbh ive given up hope as well so I'm not really pushing for fixes or changes anymore. I've been here for 3 1/2 years now and they rarely listen to me. I probably don't cry enough so they just ignore me but oh well. I'll still play here but unless they approach me now I'm done trying to help unless they come ask my opinion which i doubt they will.
Oh, no... what will the server do without your whining...
"Hey, Loler, i wonder how should we run our server, could you please give us your precious opinion?"
More like hey Loler you clearly have a decent understanding of game mechanics. You played OSI era and have been pretty accurate with the majority of the things you posted do you know how to properly test for this or that. Do you know how this functioned. It's all good though like I said I've given up trying to help without being asked a specific question from staff.
Yea, you’re accurate on 99% of osi stuff, which is actually good for fact-checking, I always try to get as many former osi dudes as possible to get the correct mechanic.
The Silvertiger

Josh wrote:
Loler wrote:
Alvin wrote: Oh, no... what will the server do without your whining...
99%
99% is correct. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how much he can be trusted after he attempted to rig the way monsters flee.
Selling List & Vendor

Loler

Post by Loler »

Yeah definitely tried to rig it. Every monster trying to flee at 16% is exactly how it is on OSI....
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
The Silvertiger

Loler wrote:Yeah definitely tried to rig it. Every monster trying to flee at 16% is exactly how it is on OSI....
Loler wrote:Just did 2 spawns on OSI to prove monsters don't act like they do on osi.

How it works on demise.

Monsters get to 16% exactly 16% and they start trying to run. Period. All monsters. The only exception is paragons.

How it works on OSI.

Monsters get to 16% and they stay there then they get to 0% and they die no running.

Documentation.
Bedlam
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/402014021
Rikktor
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/402071890

Demise bedlam
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/336966284

0 monsters run away in these videos. If you notice some mobs wandering around its because they aren't flagged on me at all and never were. They aren't low hp and running like they do on demise

I made my damage about the same as demise probably less for the bedlam as im using kamas to lower my base damage quite a bit. My suit sucks pretty bad I didn't go all out trying to make a suit. My actual stats on demise are better then this suit.

Side note I don't know why the monster HP isn't registering all the time it never did that on osi when i played 10 years ago I don't know what these people did with the coding over there.
Instead of trying to get them fixed properly you wanted them to never run at all. This isn't OSI accurate.
Selling List & Vendor

Loler

Post by Loler »

The Silvertiger wrote:Hypothesis tested by loler:
http://www.twitch.tv/mortoburger/v/4020 ... r=a&t=300s

Can see a drake fleeing around 306ish...

And another test by loler:
http://www.twitch.tv/mortoburger/v/4020 ... r=a&t=256s

Can see a drake fleeing around 259ish...

In the first instance you reported fleeing the drake is not infact fleeing it is taking a stupid path. It is currently 100% hp and i when i run on screen with it 20-30 seconds later i killed it. It doesn't flee at all and was 100% hp at the next encounter.

The awkward pathing also around 259 where the monster kind of walks around over and over again (not fleeing in the opposite direction) seems like the same janky interaction path finding has when something is blocking your path or there is a big change in the Z axis. OSI probably used pathfind as a source of the coding for npcs/monsters. I can't say for sure.

Also notice rikktor with his very large health pool never once runs from me.

To be fair runuo rikktor has 0 wrestling which also isnt accurate and runuo rikktor and osi rikktor specials are very very different mechanics.
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
The Silvertiger

Loler wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote:Hypothesis tested by loler:
http://www.twitch.tv/mortoburger/v/4020 ... r=a&t=300s

Can see a drake fleeing around 306ish...

And another test by loler:
http://www.twitch.tv/mortoburger/v/4020 ... r=a&t=256s

Can see a drake fleeing around 259ish...

In the first instance you reported fleeing the drake is not infact fleeing it is taking a stupid path. It is currently 100% hp and i when i run on screen with it 20-30 seconds later i killed it. It doesn't flee at all and was 100% hp at the next encounter.

The awkward pathing also around 259 where the monster kind of walks around over and over again (not fleeing in the opposite direction) seems like the same janky interaction path finding has when something is blocking your path or there is a big change in the Z axis. OSI probably used pathfind as a source of the coding for npcs/monsters. I can't say for sure.

Also notice rikktor with his very large health pool never once runs from me.

To be fair runuo rikktor has 0 wrestling which also isnt accurate and runuo rikktor and osi rikktor specials are very very different mechanics.
I don't care. You tried to rig it. I'm not going to have this conversation with you again. You're lying.
Selling List & Vendor

Loler

Post by Loler »

Yup such a liar. Runuo currently has monster flee 100% correct my version of it isn't even close theirs is perfect.
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
The Silvertiger

Loler wrote:Yup such a liar. Runuo currently has monster flee 100% correct my version of it isn't even close theirs is perfect.
Yes, you lied. You said this is how it works on OSI "they die no running". That's a blatant lie. You tried to rig it and rush the code. I would like to see monsters not flee the way they do on RUNUO, but I want them coded correctly as well. Stop lying. It's simple.
Selling List & Vendor

Loler

Post by Loler »

Such a liar.
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Arden

Post by Arden »

Arden like when loler speaks in the third person.

Arden doesn’t like when silver argues with guys from osi.
Arden

Post by Arden »

Loler wrote:loler is such a liar.
Fixed it for you