Psycho

Let loose about your latest battles and other PVP shenanigans here. (This section is still subject to moderation.)
Calvin

Re: Psycho

Post by Calvin »

the thing about this server... is eventually you'll grow up ;P
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

Calvin wrote: May 7th, 2020, 10:05 pm the thing about this server... is eventually you'll grow up ;P
Imagine me caring.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

I think it's hilarious that you got the most response by being annoying and rude. I'll be honest, at this point if it were me, I would just start my own server. The transparency here is trash and Eos only works on bugs\dev every few months. As you said when he\she does work on things, they are super awesome. Probably the main problem with the server I can't really talk about here, but Jay talked about it in his 'I love you Demise' letter.

PS Being disrespectful to staff is against the rules, so think about that every time you wonder 'why did I get banned'.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Bad Religion likes this.
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

The Silvertiger wrote: May 8th, 2020, 3:15 pm I think it's hilarious that you got the most response by being annoying and rude. I'll be honest, at this point if it were me, I would just start my own server. The transparency here is trash and Eos only works on bugs\dev every few months. As you said when he\she does work on things, they are super awesome. Probably the main problem with the server I can't really talk about here, but Jay talked about it in his 'I love you Demise' letter.

PS Being disrespectful to staff is against the rules, so think about that every time you wonder 'why did I get banned'.
Some of the things I get banned for I don’t think cross the line of disrespect towards staff, obviously it’s a subjective rule. But that’s generally like don’t call them names and shit, which I don’t really.
The first time I got banned eos said some shit to me so I wrote a list of all no -osi accurate things lol. She didn’t like that one. I laughed at this one.
2nd time I said we should just let the server stay offline (that one I kinda get lol).
3rd time I genuinely am not sure, I said something they deleted it that could’ve maybe got me banned? But it was a week after they deleted it that I got banned soo idk, I hadn’t said much during that week, nothing I thought that would be bannable.

Alas, it’s their forums they can ban me all they want it’s their prerogative. Would I have banned someone for the things I’ve said? Probably not, but I have thicker skin when it comes to sarcasm. I’ve seen people straight up curse them out and call them names who haven’t gotten banned lol, but whatevs man. I just think I struck a nerve and people listen to what I say (despite agreeing or disagreeing) so they target me, which is fine.

I could morph the rules to justify my bannings too, just curious why others aren’t banned who said more offensive things 2 posts above me (not this thread ofc).

Look eos if you’re banning me to flirt babygirl send me a dm on discord Josh#1909 ;)
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

... as good as the staff are, they're not prefect.. no-one is..

but dont you start on eos, i'll eat ya :P

if they ban you unfairly they'll come to realize it... probably why you're still here ;)

frankly im jelly she's paying you so much attention :lol:
who're you? ;)
The Silvertiger

atomic chicken wrote: May 8th, 2020, 10:48 pm
The Silvertiger wrote: May 8th, 2020, 3:15 pm I think it's hilarious that you got the most response by being annoying and rude. I'll be honest, at this point if it were me, I would just start my own server. The transparency here is trash and Eos only works on bugs\dev every few months. As you said when he\she does work on things, they are super awesome. Probably the main problem with the server I can't really talk about here, but Jay talked about it in his 'I love you Demise' letter.

Some of the things I get banned for I don’t think cross the line of disrespect towards staff, obviously it’s a subjective rule. But that’s generally like don’t call them names and shit, which I don’t really.
The first time I got banned eos said some shit to me so I wrote a list of all no -osi accurate things lol. She didn’t like that one. I laughed at this one.
2nd time I said we should just let the server stay offline (that one I kinda get lol).
3rd time I genuinely am not sure, I said something they deleted it that could’ve maybe got me banned? But it was a week after they deleted it that I got banned soo idk, I hadn’t said much during that week, nothing I thought that would be bannable.

Alas, it’s their forums they can ban me all they want it’s their prerogative. Would I have banned someone for the things I’ve said? Probably not, but I have thicker skin when it comes to sarcasm. I’ve seen people straight up curse them out and call them names who haven’t gotten banned lol, but whatevs man. I just think I struck a nerve and people listen to what I say (despite agreeing or disagreeing) so they target me, which is fine.

I could morph the rules to justify my bannings too, just curious why others aren’t banned who said more offensive things 2 posts above me (not this thread ofc).

Look eos if you’re banning me to flirt babygirl send me a dm on discord Josh#1909 ;)
It's a pattern thing. It took me months to get them to ban opy who was being openly disrespectful.
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

imagine banning players for being frustrated about the same broken things for 5+ years instead of just fixing them...
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

imagine complaining about the same thing for 5 years and still thinking you can complain a change into effect.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

more to the point, imagine someone complaining at you for 5 years :S

alternative solution: in game marriage?
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

Calvin wrote: May 12th, 2020, 12:11 am imagine complaining about the same thing for 5 years and still thinking you can complain a change into effect.
Osi casting, a change on cu’s are some of the things I’ve complained about that got changed, might be correlation not causation, but still
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i think they read it, but they decide what they are gonna do regardless of follow up nagging. obviously suggestions are gonna be good, but if someone has suggested it and it's been refused, i dont think repeating the suggestion until you get it done is gonna work..

it's probably not a causation/correlation thing, so much as a not black and white thing.

if you actually wanna try to get something changed, then you should make a convincing case for why. but at the end of the day not all things can be changed. sometimes it's just too difficult, or too much work. as i've said before the code is a mess.. stuff leads places, and it's hard to tell what it does and where it goes, because it's not freshly written and it's been changed many times by many people. if you pull at a fundamental thread you could break a lot of things.
The Silvertiger

You are in over your head here Calvin.

They, players, have complained about casting for sure as long as I've been here and that's since 07. The staff said no basically over and over and over and over. They, staff, then implemented a version, similar, but still lacking to TC on June 18th 2017. TC died. They then implemented to felucca only last year around April. Now they are talking about implementing server wide... So it's actually been a, at least, 13 year process, I'm sure it's actually more, but I can't speak for some things pre-silver without documentation.
Eos wrote: June 18th, 2017, 12:00 pm The Test Center has been updated to now feature OSI-accurate casting. This "fix" has been requested numerous times, and can now be tested alongside the other Demise mechanics.

The change (as it is) is currently not planned to be applied to the main server. This is due to the buggy nature of the OSI casting mechanics and the almost definite negative impact it will have for everyone.
Selling List & Vendor

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

The Silvertiger wrote: May 12th, 2020, 9:25 am You are in over your head here Calvin.

They, players, have complained about casting for sure as long as I've been here and that's since 07. The staff said no basically over and over and over and over. They, staff, then implemented a version, similar, but still lacking to TC on June 18th 2017. TC died. They then implemented to felucca only last year around April. Now they are talking about implementing server wide... So it's actually been a, at least, 13 year process, I'm sure it's actually more, but I can't speak for some things pre-silver without documentation.
Eos wrote: June 18th, 2017, 12:00 pm The Test Center has been updated to now feature OSI-accurate casting. This "fix" has been requested numerous times, and can now be tested alongside the other Demise mechanics.

The change (as it is) is currently not planned to be applied to the main server. This is due to the buggy nature of the OSI casting mechanics and the almost definite negative impact it will have for everyone.
you might be right in that i dont know the specifics, and im talking about something i've not looked into..

... but... i could make this whole game from scratch if i could be arsed. i dont really see how anything is 'over my head'...

seriously... i can make this game from nothing. that's what a degree in games design is. but with this you're working with existing stuff, and it's actually more difficult because you cant break anything.

after a few months of working with it you'll know the ins and outs of things. that i dont know, and so you might be right. but i do know what it's like to work with stuff like this..... i hate it tbh lol, i always end up re-writing the whole thing.

i got brought in on an ipad app one time and it had been in development for like 6 months. it was literally easier to scrap it all, rip out the assets, and re-write all the code in 6 weeks, rather than try to fix the mess.

honestly i can appreciate the sorts of problems they will have, and there are many. it's really not as simple as just changing a variable because people ask for it. you will hit problem after problem as you start to find shortcuts and work arounds that have been used in the current system. then you will start to see why things are how they are. then you will realize you need to re-write something fundamental to fix it. then that will effect something else.... and on and on.

that's why it will be buggy. and at the end of the day they're saying it's not as fun anyway. they have finished it enough to show you that. but they dont want to get all the rest of the bugs out cos it will have been tough enough getting it roughly working.

see the easier way to do it is to find a nice break point in the code, where you have clearly defined inputs, going into something, then producing clearly defined outputs. then just channel the inputs into a new chunk of code, and connect those outputs to the original outputs.
effectively bypassing and replacing the old code, but keeping it all modular, so it can be swapped back and forth.
the problem is that this has been done already, a few times; so there is tons of redundant code in there.

tbh tho that's just my style of coding.. i think runUO is made by a programmer not a scripter, so it's all a lot more integrated together.
it would be a nightmare for me. i've got a mate who would love it tho.... he wanted to use a cryptographic true random for a match the pairs kids card game -_-' he's that kinda guy.

scripting for publishing is always 10x harder than normal scripting.. because it's not making it do the thing you want it to do that matters, that is easy. it's making it not do the 1000 things that then allows to happen. because your user is not necessarily going to use it the way you want them to. it's one thing to tell it what to do when the correct command is given, it's another thing to tell it what to do if any of the 1000 incorrect commands are given - cos if you dont it'll just crash. or it'll start doing some really bizarre and entertaining shit.
The Silvertiger

(Rude reply)People tend not to read long posts unless they are useful and even then they fall asleep halfway through.
Last edited by The Silvertiger on July 27th, 2020, 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Selling List & Vendor

Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

helps to duck.