noob question to PVP archery

Let loose about your latest battles and other PVP shenanigans here. (This section is still subject to moderation.)
zulu2401

Re: noob question to PVP archery

Post by zulu2401 »

Silent Shadow wrote:
zulu2401 wrote: I used CC ring of vile, RBC and Hld glasses and fucked people up. Easy to suit a support archer. Those were my only arties
like i said - support archer is not a 100% pvp archer...
its like a mage with 100lrc but without other caps...yes it could spam arrows\fireballs but its not a normal war-char.
it could do something only in zerg...launch several bolts - and thats all
it couldnt do somthing in 1vs1 and its only ballast in mini-group pvp because healler will heal only him instead makin all group alive...i dont know how you play pvp if you dont undrstnd that :?
Archer is a support class on demise. You dont PvP without them. You need their mortals to kill people. Very few archers can stand and 1v1 a mage. My point being that it's not the gear that makes the pvper
Silent Shadow

Post by Silent Shadow »

ok play archer naked...itll be fine to me to kill such "pvpers"
zulu2401 wrote: Archer is a support class on demise.
thats only while wehavent full ML/SE content here
WTB Ring 50 EP HCI DCI (up to 20kk)
zulu2401

Post by zulu2401 »

2/6 casting with 70 lrc I'll still do better than you with only 44 each resist
zulu2401

Post by zulu2401 »

Or should I say 2/12 casting?
zulu2401

Post by zulu2401 »

Archers were never a threat. They never compared to mages who knew what the fuck they were doing. The only thing even half ass balances mage vs archer PvP are the runic bows. Archers hit hard and often now but still can't out damage a mage. If casting gets nerfed for any reason archers will dominate PvP. That will be a sad day.
zulu2401

Post by zulu2401 »

I don't care about ML or stygian or OSI bla bla bla save that shit for Opywangs book of sorrows. Play demise how it is or go elsewhere
Vitek- likes this.
Silent Shadow

Post by Silent Shadow »

zulu2401 wrote:archers will dominate PvP. That will be a sad day.
that wil be a "balance day'...
give me full ML/SE content with parasitic and ill make cry all mages of demise
Silent Shadow

Post by Silent Shadow »

zulu2401 wrote:I don't care about ML or stygian or OSI bla bla bla save that shit for Opywangs book of sorrows. Play demise how it is or go elsewhere
you could say that about every bug....thats selfish position of "mage-player"
zulu2401

Post by zulu2401 »

I've played archer as well. I had a yumi bow that ended lives with two shots. Tell me how many fuckin spells can do that dipshit?
Necrodog

Post by Necrodog »

Blacksmith's hammer is best weapon in the game.

What other weapon can make both more weps and armor for you?
Gothaj

Post by Gothaj »

zulu2401 wrote:I've played archer as well. I had a yumi bow that ended lives with two shots. Tell me how many fuckin spells can do that dipshit?
Do you still have that yumi? I would be interested
EnEffetGile

Post by EnEffetGile »

Gargl Kark wrote:Hi,
what's a good archery weapon to PVP?
Mage have their spells and archer their weaponS
Aside trying to have many weapon ability, you want usefull mod for them.

Parablow on bows doesnt work well with fireball/magic arrow.
Aside that, archery weapon, you need 25ssi+ in almost every case..

Truth is, ppl are so confused about the math and how UO did everything in the oposite way that they forget how they make pvp system.

Sure, necromage is actualy the way to go to have a character that can kill and finish a spawn.
Truth is if archers knew how to pick their weapons and were more... Any decent non retarded pvp archer become very hard to kill with if you can handle the gears.

There are ton of variation on the template. Only knowledge and understanding allow usage.
(Rest of ppl just ctrl+c ctrl+v a template. It's as old as gaming...)

Anything with remotly close to something like the following become very hard to kill:

120 archery
90 tactics
90 anatomy
90 healing
50 chiv
60 med
100 alchemy (yeah, it does stack with 50ep!)
120 resist*

*Some believe 120 or nothing. Easy to switch for other things.

Chiv,healing, alchemy is more then enough to survive a lot of dump that most necromage cant. After all, I never see a bandage or potion fizzle. Did you ? Resing with bandage is very strong(A simple dryad bow or +15 healing jewel swap work wonder on success rate.)

Before someone call on the 90 tactics and anatomy... I refer to 2 previous line in the post.

''There are ton of variation on the template. Only knowledge and understanding allow usage.
(Rest of ppl just ctrl+c ctrl+v a template. It's as old as gaming...)''
Or in short, lot of Captain Clueless in gaming.

While anatomy/tactic raised BOTH to 120 will give you about 6 dmg for 60 kill points(Epic spending guys!). It sure will be sexy when you are a ghost from improper healing capacity. How much dmg your team lose for those '6 dmg' you had for a few shots ? Right, it has the same dmg as if you never existed. Yes, pvp in mass group is all about the TEAM burst vs INDIVIDUAL HEALING. Team can help, but thats extra.. I wont even get into the archer crosshealing power. Chiv op.

Truth is, mages are always easy to play and make the common noob who played over 10 years of his life of gaming think it's that good because it cant handle the concept of basic thinking and therfor cannot play other templates.
If feeding retard easy template = win. Why not ? If that practice of feeding noob with clueless simple strats work, why change it. (I do agree.)

To put it simply,

To make a necromage you need:
2/6
fixed resist
100 lrc
decent lmc and mana regen
Afk 8 hours to train...
Rdy to go....

Archer = Omfg, I gota think about a lot of stuff.

What skills exactly.. So many possibility

Do I go bolt, arrow or both ? How much weapon/ammo do I carry.. I need pots and bandies too..

Sheesh, I need to think about all those weapons and how they fit situation...

What ? Weapon with moving shot stutterstep when it has a hit spell aside VELOCITY ? Wow, I did not know that.. So for chasing. velocity moving shot! Got it!

You mean I cant use parablow properly with a normal bow that has a hit spell that aint lightning ?

Wait, you are saying that a bunch of magic arrow/fireball Magical Shortbow can be a hell of a pain because of fizzle and it's ability that does stack once.

A successful Psychic Attack will afflict the target with :
a 15% Spell Damage Penalty and
a 15% Mana Cost Penalty.

Wait it stack ??? Kinda suck as a solo archer... But I guess 2-3 archers that keep the mage at 30% sdPen and 30% mcPen. Spell costing a ton more and magic arrow/fireball fizzle! Sound interesting!
You are a noob... if they reach 0. IT doesnt affect them more....
Really ?
Psychic Attack can actually make an opponent's SDI negative.
In team/solo also make you think a lot more about what you do during the battle and the ammounts of weapons required. A archer can easily carry 3-12 weapons and it's highly influenced by if solo or not and if people take roles in the fight. If you think it's a lot... Would you take your necromage with half a spellbook and with random necro spell ?

We aint even at the suit that require a lot more to the road of perfection then a necromage.
Im also not even getting in the teleport scroll, wall of stone scroll, etc using 0 in magery.

Im not even at 1/10 of it and Im done... Not only I have wrote almost nothing... I havnt even covered a template aside giving one of the biggest surviver skill set for archer.

Final Truth
Chess game. While it certainly isnt as balanced.
Archer > Mage > Melee

Why no melee ?
Simple... Not enough archer to parry. Unless someone teach me how to parry a necromage efficiently.
Why mage predominant ?
Mostly because of same reason on OSI, the concentration of archer were on the rich server and the only reason we aint ther with macro is because OSI had macroer as well, but they also had a TON of servers. Just imagine Demise macro x 10. Why ? You ever looted a balanced archery weapon ? At least sc-0 weapon for mage can come in 5 usefull mops. dci, hla, ssi, sc-0, mage weapon and we didnt mention hit spell.. Possibility are huge on loot for mages.

Demise macroing might be intense in ratio of the population doing it.
Still, compared to OSI. http://uo.stratics.com/content/misc/servip.shtml
Demise represent a solo user bitcoin miner vs a bitcoin chinese farm.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8kua5B5K3I

We getting there slowly.
Silent Shadow

Post by Silent Shadow »

EnEffetGile wrote: 120 archery
90 tactics
90 anatomy
90 healing
50 chiv
60 med
100 alchemy (yeah, it does stack with 50ep!)
120 resist*
90% you are right
but last 10% rules all
60 med - useless spent of points because of very low base Int in "healing-based-temp" with high dex and srt
EnEffetGile wrote:While anatomy/tactic raised BOTH to 120 will give you about 6 dmg for 60 kill points(Epic spending guys!)
90 anat with 100 healing = 34-58 hp . 34+58=92 . 92\2 = 46hp
120 anat with 100 healing = 39-63 hp
120 anat 120 healing = 43-70 . 43+70 = 113 . 113\2= 56hp
10 hp from each bandage is MUCH-MUCH-MUCH usefull then 3 mr from idiotic 60 Medit
EnEffetGile wrote: Chiv op.
on Demise?? :lol:
chiv is OP only with 3-4 FC suite....99% of demise archers havent even 1 FC... about what "chiv-cross-heal" you are talkin about? :lol:

you are posting alot of wise things but your templates.... :oops:
EnEffetGile

Post by EnEffetGile »

Silent Shadow wrote: 60 med - useless spent of points because of very low base Int in "healing-based-temp" with high dex and srt
I agree with you untill you try to build a suit and lose your theory craft to realise how hard it's to stick all the mods and resist. The shit mana regen extra that you call and hml is actualy needed. If you manage to actualy build it without. You have EPIC gears my friend and should skip it just like you say. Most ppl cant.
Silent Shadow wrote: 90 anat with 100 healing = 34-58 hp . 34+58=92 . 92\2 = 46hp
120 anat with 100 healing = 39-63 hp
120 anat 120 healing = 43-70 . 43+70 = 113 . 113\2= 56hp
10 hp from each bandage is MUCH-MUCH-MUCH usefull then 3 mr from idiotic 60 Medit
Yes, it does heal at the expense of other versatility.
Silent Shadow wrote: on Demise?? :lol:
chiv is OP only with 3-4 FC suite....99% of demise archers havent even 1 FC... about what "chiv-cross-heal" you are talkin about? :lol:
Exactly, you actualy totaly support what I been saying! It's hard to make the suit! if you have only fc1. Might as well just use it for remove curse at that point.. You can use jack of all trade to cast it.
Silent Shadow wrote: you are posting alot of wise things but your templates.... :oops:
Thats the kind of thinking that make you forget what I posted about simplicity of gears for necromage and the reason why good chiv archer are so rare to then say that the ones that try dont have the suit ? Im not sure what you are implying... But it seem you are saying exactly what I am. It's darn hard to make a proper chiv suit for a pvp archer. Just look how I explained athat Demise macro doesnt even cut close to OSI power of macro and the link I provided to show you how many servers... I then explained that the richest shard had all the stuff making the templates easier to build. As the template I posted is very basic and been used a lot by ppl who cannot afford the gears.. I will let you try your suit with non fixed resist and/or poor mana regen and see how much you spam those spells and weapon abilities..

So I will only end saying ' :oops:, I dont think you really read it...'

EDIT: IF you dont get it for the items. On OSI ppl can change a character and its bank to another server.
Last edited by EnEffetGile on February 14th, 2017, 9:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Silent Shadow

Post by Silent Shadow »

i support you that its hard to suite up an normal pvp archer
but i dont agree the ways you try to argue that