Faction System

Let loose about your latest battles and other PVP shenanigans here. (This section is still subject to moderation.)
gonthrax

Re: Faction System

Post by gonthrax »

ronny.p wrote:lol u saying thats the best thing on the faction system . think again
What, in your opinion, is the best thing about the faction system?
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Globs and globs of silver to add to my vault of gold!
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
ronny.p likes this.
ronny.p

Post by ronny.p »

The Silvertiger wrote:Globs and globs of silver to add to my vault of gold!
yeeessss

muahaaaaa
Gargamelgrinningface.jpg
Gargamelgrinningface.jpg (50.98 KiB) Viewed 2492 times
Silent Shadow

Post by Silent Shadow »

the best of faction system is-....
more and more and more pvp players!
because faction arties gives every pvm player to make needed caps without 150-200kk trinkets etc.
pvp could reach next level when that ppl who couldnt suite up today will suite chars with faction arties!
WTB Ring 50 EP HCI DCI (up to 20kk)
ronny.p and EmilyIta like this.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Silent Shadow wrote:the best of faction system is-....
because faction arties gives every pvm player to make needed caps without 150-200kk trinkets etc.
pvp could reach next level when that ppl who couldnt suite up today will suite chars with faction arties!

Don't get me wrong I am all for the Faction Arties being put in but only if they can only be used in Felucca.That and a way to stop rank farming

As for the argument that introducing these items will increase the Felucca population and thus PVP............

Please let us have the TOT event because I/we can't PVP without an RBC
Please give us the runic bump because without better armor I/we can't PVP
Please give us a better drop rate in Doom because without an orny I/we can't PVP

None of those things increased PVP on Demise maybe the Faction Arties will................
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Silent Shadow

Post by Silent Shadow »

Bama wrote: Don't get me wrong I am all for the Faction Arties being put in but only if they can only be used in Felucca.That and a way to stop rank farming
thats the wrong way bro.
the rightway is - to allow pvp ALL OWER THE WORLD if you are in faction
if you are in tram and NOT in faction - you could not be attacked, if you are in faction -you could be attacked by opposite faction even in tram/malas/ilsh etc.
ive played alot on such server...thats TRUE!
Bama wrote:please let us have the TOT event because I/we can't PVP without an RBC
Please give us the runic bump because without better armor I/we can't PVP
Please give us a better drop rate in Doom because without an orny I/we can't PVP

None of those things increased PVP on Demise maybe the Faction Arties will................
101% right
WTB Ring 50 EP HCI DCI (up to 20kk)
ronny.p

Post by ronny.p »

Silent Shadow wrote:the best of faction system is-....
BINGO!!!
ronny.p

Post by ronny.p »

its all about the items and the idea of defending a territory or smth . not always that brit - coon shit
ortiz

Post by ortiz »

Even if factions arties are introduced, if they are implemented the right way (somehow not being able to farm rank) the same players who dont pvp because of lack of gear will still have to pvp in a basic suit and hope to kill players who out gear them. If that happens they will most likely still not want to pvp. This isnt a test center, there needs to be some amount of effort put into fully gearing a character. If there isnt then it might as well be a test center.
Bama wrote:
Opywang wrote:You have to pertitipate

Is that like Mittittippi
Fuck off

The Silvertiger and Bama like this.
gonthrax

Post by gonthrax »

ortiz wrote:Even if factions arties are introduced, if they are implemented the right way (somehow not being able to farm rank) the same players who dont pvp because of lack of gear will still have to pvp in a basic suit and hope to kill players who out gear them. If that happens they will most likely still not want to pvp. This isnt a test center, there needs to be some amount of effort put into fully gearing a character. If there isnt then it might as well be a test center.
This is true man. You're never going to "force" anyone to pvp who doesn't want to pvp.

I also agree 100% that there needs to be some effort to fully gearing a char. If there's no challenge, no missing pieces to the puzzle you lose interest quickly. There is some benefit to lowering the barrier of entry to the pvp field, but it's a fine line and easy to make to easy. That's part of the reason I'm playing here instead of on Pest, they went overboard on the ease of gearing IMO.

Anyway, kind of getting off topic. Factions rock, there should be some reward and some risk involved (Faction Artis vs Stat Loss). it's what UO is all about man, that risk vs reward is what I haven't found duplicated in any other game.
Tempest and Hugsforpeace like this.