We need a new Demise.

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
The Silvertiger

Re: We need a new Demise.

Post by The Silvertiger »

Josh wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote:
Reetus wrote:
PvP'ers exploit cu's, PvP'ers die.

I don't really care what you ride in Luna.
Don't go to Luna. Don't ride a cu either. So what else you got?
Why are you trolling this? You’re just trying to distract from suggestions to make the server better. If you disagree, make an argument, if not then fuck off.
Probably had something to do with the in-game chat. Wouldn't have said anything and probably would liked the post without the snarkiness.
Last edited by The Silvertiger on February 2nd, 2019, 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
The Silvertiger

Josh wrote:That is a stupid idea. Make people actually play the game. Don’t give them an option to decide if they want to use cheats or play the game, wtf? Why allow a system that glorifies scripting? It’s similar to an aim bot on an FPS, it gives unfair advantages.

Actually play the game. It’s disgusting that the staff allows these stupid cheats.
Eh... It depends on if you can always provide a fight in occlo. A few people tried to change the main fighting location to yew like it is on OSI, but not enough people followed. I believe if you guys went hardcore occlo or dungeons and no brit, people would follow just to get fights. There are very few houses on occlo. Maybe only one. Bama?
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Josh

Post by Josh »

The Silvertiger wrote:
Josh wrote:That is a stupid idea. Make people actually play the fucking game. Don’t give them an option to decide if they want to use cheats or play the game, wtf? Why allow a system that glorifies scripting? It’s similar to an aim bot on an FPS, it gives unfair advantages.

Actually play the fucking game. It’s disgusting that the staff allows these stupid cheats.
Eh... It depends on if you can always provide a fight in occlo. A few people tried to change the main fighting location to yew like it is on OSI, but not enough people followed. I believe if you guys went hardcore occlo or dungeons and no brit, people would follow just to get fights. There are very few houses on occlo. Maybe only one. Bama?
No that didnt happened when we tried it previously by only doing spawns. Hz and Loop just sat at brit gate, we tried it for like 2 months bc we were bored of gate fighting.

Also, fighting over a spawn will have the shitty casting, which glorifies 4/6 xhealing mages, which is dumb if you've ever seen one.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Eos wrote:Casting

It is understandable that the lack of official responses to the casting discussion may seem like disinterest or dismissal. However, the casting problems are the topic of internal staff discussion almost on a weekly basis. The issue is problematic for a few reasons:
  • We strive for OSI accuracy, specifically OSI during ML, for the general mechanics of the server, including PvP. OSI's casting model is theoretically what's implemented on Demise, e.g. 6 FCR should mean no recovery delay between spells and spells should have a fixed casting delay. In practice, however, OSI differs from this casting model because of differences in their timing system (having larger tick times resulting in added "randomness") and overcasting resulting in spells that stop casting without any notice halfway. These mechanics could be, and have been up to now, considered buggy behavior because they contradict/corrupt their theoretical model explained in their official documentation. In general, we do not copy OSI behavior if it's considered a bug. This is why, for example, we don't have server line item duping.
  • The point can be made that even if OSI casting is considered the result of bugs, the rest of the OSI mechanics we do follow were all implemented in an environment with OSI casting and may be considered imbalanced without it.
  • In contrast, we've often heard the RunUO casting system be praised for its consistency and reliability by players that have previously played OSI. (Though, since the release of UOSteam, which takes advantage of every millisecond the server allows, not so much anymore.)
Our "OSI casting" option on the dueling pits was modeled after behavior we observed on OSI, including the cast delay randomness and overcasting silent fizzle. We have considered implementing this system on a larger scale (either shard-wide or in Felucca), but for now the option remains there as an opt-in for anyone who wants it for dueling purposes. It is also there for evaluation purposes, to give players who may not have played OSI an idea of what OSI casting is like (contrary to widespread belief it's not simply a capped FCR).

The idea of expanding this opt-in evaluation to the island of Ocllo is an interesting idea that we may also consider as an alternative to doing Felucca all at once.

If our "OSI casting" dueling option seems invalid or not OSI-like, now would be the time to express why (along with OSI testing validating these claims), before we end up implementing it on a wider scale and causing half the mage population to retire because their casting is too slow. Our testing results so far confirm the mechanics implemented by the dueling option.

Cu sidhes, teleport specials

Not to go off topic too much, as casting seems to be the main focus of this thread, I'd like to touch upon these subjects briefly.

On OSI, it is possible to soulstone your animal taming and lore skills and still be able to ride a cu sidhe. If you last gave it a follow order, it will continue to follow you. Though, there are minor hindrances on OSI like the stable resetting the last given order and not filling up pet happiness. Aside from these minor hindrances, riding a cu sidhe without skill is accurate behavior. We have considered implementing the OSI hindrances, but know that these will not remove the core issue.

Performing a weapon special immediately after teleporting is also OSI accurate behavior. There is no delay after teleporting for weapon swings.

Striving for OSI accuracy and balance also includes maintaining these mechanics.

To bug or not to bug

Most of the game mechanics discussions come down to what is considered an OSI bug and what isn't, because otherwise OSI is the absolute deciding factor without question (which makes things easy for us). While we consider OSI casting to be a bug (reasons outlined above) and riding cu sidhes to be intentional (no taming means no control chance, which is what happens), other people may disagree and are free/encouraged to argue this consideration. At the end of the day, we make a decision based on many factors, not just the loudest or most repeated opinion, and we hope the discussion can continue in a civil manner.

Tl;dr

We read your posts.
Can we get a list of testers or sign up to be one for casting changes?
Josh

Post by Josh »

Ajani wrote:
Josh wrote:Actually play the fucking game.
What do you mean by this? the people who want casting would go to occolo to fight Anthony can fight you and arden in occolo while i fight shake in despise = Win,Win,Win,Win,Win
No, you get to use cheats. Thats stupid. We don't get to fight you fuckers over spawns. Why not make the reverse? Osi casting everywhere except occolo? I don't think the majority of the server should have casting that glorifies cheaters because it'll discourage former-osi players from playing (the entire QA and SAS guilds quit bc of the casting). While if u have demise casting in only occolo then you still have a place to fight.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

The Silvertiger wrote: There are very few houses on occlo. Maybe only one. Bama?
More than a few
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
The Silvertiger

Josh wrote: Also, fighting over a spawn will have the shitty casting, which glorifies 4/6 xhealing mages, which is dumb if you've ever seen one.
Yeah, I've seen the kvg variant.
Selling List & Vendor

Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Ajani wrote:
Eos wrote:The idea of expanding this opt-in evaluation to the island of Ocllo.
This is a great idea that way the people who wanting to pvp with OSI casting can do so there and those of us who prefer the much loved Demise casting can still enjoy the game.
you already avoid fel cause ur scared of pvp so why do you think this will work? pvpers like you and shake will just refuse to come fight and we will still have a dead shard cause no one is coming back to demise just cause 1 town in the whole map has osi casting.
Duque

Post by Duque »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29E6GbYdB1c&t=0m8s

I'm Against It

This is Demise!!!!!!...a really peculiar vintage server with it pros and cons...if i would like to have OSI casting or OSI enviroment i should go to OSI....

(I love my girlfriend how she is...and i am not all time trying to make her different comparing her with other woman)

All of you who want OSI style will die more and faster.....numbers will be much more important than now....will be less mages that will change to parrying mages, and will not appear more templates....the combats will be shorter, all guild when lose 2 or 3 rounds disappear from combat.....so all of you will have less fun time and will cry much more for your deaths.
"Los que no aprenden de la historia estan condenados a repetirla"
"Who don't learn from history is condemn to repeat it"

Demise' Discord channel
Duque#6737
The Silvertiger

In comparison to chasing one guy for 30 minutes?
Selling List & Vendor

Duque

Post by Duque »

The Silvertiger wrote:In comparison to chasing one guy for 30 minutes?
chasing running people thats for dumbass.....best pvp is found in dungeons and lost land....Brit has been always a joke, with buckers, guards areas, running and talkshit people (with what ever casting you can have).....
"Los que no aprenden de la historia estan condenados a repetirla"
"Who don't learn from history is condemn to repeat it"

Demise' Discord channel
Duque#6737
Ajani

Post by Ajani »

Duque wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote:In comparison to chasing one guy for 30 minutes?
chasing running people thats for dumbass.....best pvp is found in dungeons and lost land....Brit has been always a joke, with buckers, guards areas, running and talkshit people (with what ever casting you can have).....
Finally someone who sees the game thru my eyes
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's.

I find this quite entertaining.
Casting is shit
Nicinha

Post by Nicinha »

If I wanted to cast Osi, I'd be playing Osi and not Demise ...
Reefer

Post by Reefer »

Nicinha wrote:If I wanted to cast Osi, I'd be playing Osi and not Demise ...
OR maybe cause people don't want to play with speedhacking, splinter weps and suits that have 65456456456 mods on them.
Josh likes this.
The Silvertiger

Arden wrote:Why would i be asking for a mage nerf if I was ajani level at the game
"Because you miss OSI" or "because you just want OSI accuracy no matter the cost" are a couple possible answers to your question.

GL HF with your DS monk robes.. oh wait...
Selling List & Vendor