Which rules can be broken?

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Veteran Noobie

Which rules can be broken?

Post by Veteran Noobie »

We see many people breaking rules on a daily basis, whether its those of us who have been perma banned and still return, those who afk farm anything and everything they can, or even those who havent a real life and get off by trolling players in trammel ruleset,

Once upon a time it was stated that it is illegal to use herding as a form of trolling other players, yet bama posts on a daily basis of her big twat going around stealth herding any mobs that she feels necessary.

Why does she not get into trouble for this? I have Larson on my ass about the way I play this game... So why is BAMA privileged?
Always trying to be honest and helpful, if you have a question or need help please do not bother to ask!

Watch me shine, For I have been in darkness for too long.
Kayak

Re: Which rules can be broken?

Post by Kayak »

One day you will realize the staff also plays, they don't give a flying fart 99% of the time unless its effecting the value of their horded shit.
Discord - Kayak#4467
Servos and Centurion like this.
Veteran Noobie

Post by Veteran Noobie »

Kayak wrote:One day you will realize the staff also plays, they don't give a flying fart 99% of the time unless its effecting the value of their horded shit.

erm ive seen that list, ive put that list on the forums, and lets just say they taught me a lesson ;)
Always trying to be honest and helpful, if you have a question or need help please do not bother to ask!

Watch me shine, For I have been in darkness for too long.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Another vet noobie bitch boy cry baby post, never seen that coming.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

https://www.lawteacher.net/free-law-ess ... -essay.php

staff use golden rule mostly i think

they used to do it literal rule, like jailing for training fishing cos it's unattended gathering fish

tl:dr version:
Literal rule - exactly what the words say
Golden rule - interpreting the words with common sense
Mischief rule - determining what the rule was originally made to combat, and deciding if that applies here

realistically tho, it's clearly white privilege lol
or kind of a similar thing, they know/think bama isn't malicious so she is cut some slack. at least it's based on years of experience and not prejudice

it's like a lil community/family on some level, we can all get away with a lot really, but why would we? hurting da family is like hurting yourself ;)
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

oh and btw, that's why community matters.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

White privilege........why god why!
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

lol, i think it's the same principles.

ie. that person likes the community, so they wont be out lookin to start some shit.

PvMer privilege lmao
PVP accounts matter! xD

i really love how this server is like a mini-world in so many more ways than were intended.
multiplayer games are so much better than single player ones because of this; emergent gameplay ^^
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

oh and btw, the mistake is assuming a person's skin colour determines their character.

the mistake is not in cutting some slack to people with good character ;)
Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

I think I see an issue with your description of griefing.

If someone is farming in a dungeon, and remains stand up in one place, it's their own fault for not farming efficiently.

It does not stop anyone else, from coming to that dungeon to fight off the same monsters, and if it just happens that the fight was fierce and dangerous, sometimes it's normal that the mobs get drawn out of their spawn range.

When this happens, who's to blame?

The person who is not actively chasing the evil resident of the dungeons, and prefer to just wait for them to come back,

Or the person who valiently challenged the fierce creature, only to realize later of their overwhelming strenght, and chose the option of running away so their lives are spared?
Amish Hammer likes this.
Arden

Post by Arden »

I’ve veen jailed for luring mobs onto afk players.

The fact that some folks can do it Bc it’s “the right ting to do” is bullshit.

Jail everyone or jail no one.
Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

Arden wrote:I’ve veen jailed for luring mobs onto afk players.

The fact that some folks can do it Bc it’s “the right ting to do” is bullshit.

Jail everyone or jail no one.
Well that's a whole different offense. That's causing injury to a player. It's on par with luring Rend to Miasma, which is a dickhead move, intended to hurt and harm players.

Nobody talks about luring mobs onto players, we are talking about another player, coming in the same dungeon, getting into a fight with the mob, and abandonning the project later on, at a different location in the same dungeon, because the fight prove to be no match for that particular player.

No one did anything wrong there, if the person wants to continu fighting the mobs, they just have to get to them, instead of waiting for them, some of those sure are quite damn patient tho, gotta give credit when it's due!
Arden

Post by Arden »

Tl:dr

Luring is ok as long as you pretend that you aren’t.

Got it.
Calvin likes this.
Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

Arden wrote:Tl:dr

Luring is ok as long as you pretend that you aren’t.

Got it.
No,

tl:dr

Luring mobs onto players is illegal.

Luring mobs away from players is NOT illegal.
Mr Straitions

Post by Mr Straitions »

I just want to drop in and say how much i enjoyed this thread so far. I learned about Statute law and got to see someone claim white privilege in ultima online.
The Silvertiger wrote:If it were about kills and not objectives, then the axis won ww2, by a landslide....
Discord: Alter Ego#1069